A couple tips for any player old or new regarding the client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, Apr 22, 2020.

1. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Hey I've recently started playing again due to the outbreak/ boredom. One of the main reasons i stopped playing was due to the buggy, hard-to-navigate in-game client which made playing the game un-fun. However I have recently discovered that a lot of the issues I had were reduced when I took the game off full-screen mode and made the game windowed.

Having the game in windowed mode as opposed to full screen makes moving champs around the board a lot less choppy and you're less likely to mis-click. You can also use your number keys "1, 2, 3..." etc to activate your champions attacks and abilities (having tested, this isn't possible in full screen mode).

It's not perfect- but much better.

If anyone else has any other tips on how to improve the usability of the client please share. :)

Hope this helps anyone currently playing or coming back to the game like myself.

Devils.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    IMAGIRL and spineyftw like this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What deck you runnin Devils? You finding consistent games?

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I've always played in windowed mode, so I don't notice many of these types of bugs.

What really bothers me is the random disconnects that lose you time on your turn. Worst part is the "you have been disconnected" message sometimes takes so long to actually pop up that you can't be sure it's not just lag or an actual disconnection. There's also the bug where you get stuck in the loading screen at "loading map" sometimes, forcing you to restart the client yet again. The movement bug is sometimes annoying, but that's easily fixable by just moving slower.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

>>>ALWAYS LET A CHARACTER FINISH MOVING BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MOVE ANOTHER CHARACTER<<<

IMAGIRL, Woffleet, Gnomes and 3 others like this.
  5. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

This one

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Literally the biggest thing ever. Sucks misclicking naturally, but having the client do it for you is aids.

newsbuff likes this.
  7. devilsrath

I have a couple decks im rolling with at the moment - FS jellies, stitched, and a memey equipment deck

Pox is actually pretty active right now- it's the rona resurgence

8. devilsrath

^^^^

Also, if you're hovering over a neutral font you can't press "escape" to surrender. Click on another unit or a controlled font and this issue is fixed. (credit goes to elvesrule for this one)

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

err do you mean "deselect" instead of surrender?

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it's been active like this all year mate. check the signs of life threads with stats on players and matches.

11. EternalSeito

EternalSeito The King of Potatoes

I;ve got one.. Sometimes you get stuck by clicking a champion's activated ability.. No further clicks seem to function.. you are basically stuck.

The Fix: Try to pseudo deploy a rune from your rune dock, i.e drag it and drop it somewhere you can't deploy. That seems to get rid of the glitch.

devilsrath likes this.
  12. devilsrath

That's an annoying one, will remember this next time it happens. Thx :)

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Right clicking a rune in your rune dock will also deselect a stuck cursor

devilsrath likes this.
  14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Or you can click on the stuck champion’s basic attack to free him up.

devilsrath likes this.
  15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

not helpful when the basic attack is the thing you're stuck on

16. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

but useful in other circumstances nevertheless

17. devilsrath

If you start getting stutter lag which often happens when there are a lot of units on the board restart the client completely. You may also get this lag due to certain abilities like deep wounds.

Woffleet likes this.