Discord Veto list (active participants only, I guess?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmavore, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Daltos

Daltos The King of Potatoes

You're saying KF splits are bad which is obvious. I'm saying that extra speed you get makes all your champs incredibly overpowered. Don't even act like every KF rune is some 5 speed or 6 speed.

Also yes ST is third place due to them having the second most powerful faction bonus and only because UD power creep is blatant pay to win since yokels love scary demons.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Except most KF units are 5/6 spd… lol. Then the bonus makes them 6/7. There is a total of 18. 8 spd champs. 3 of which are heroes.
    AA 1 - Non Meta
    Angel 2 - Non Meta
    Bliss 3 - Non Meta
    Cent Skirmisher 4 - Non Meta
    Circle Messenger 5 - Non Meta
    Condor Fury 6 - Meta
    Elven Ancestor 7 - Non Meta
    Elven Sky Marshal 8 - Non Meta
    Oak Thumper 9 - Non Meta (also weighty)
    Light of the Circle 10 - Non Meta
    Grimlic 11 - Meta
    Mena 12 - Meta
    Harb 13 - Meta
    Perfected Runner 14 - Non Meta
    RE 15 - Meta
    Ranger 16 - Non Meta
    Wilderkin 17 - Non Meta
    Wind Sprinter 18 - Non Meta

As you can see, most of these units don't ever make it into a bg that's high tier.

Most factions have 6/7 spd as norm and aren't over costed for their price point. Idk where you're drawing this logic from but yeah do you. xD

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    newsbuff likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

How many people have harbs like 6 out 200 ?

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have one, but SL.

5. Daltos

So what you're saying is nerf ranger elite.

Also do that for how many meta and non meta 7 speed champs every other faction has.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The list would be bigger than ours lmao.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

@Daltos destroyed with facts and logic

8. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

Convinced newsbuff is just a Ben Shapiro alt

Karmavore, newsbuff and Woffleet like this.
  9. Daltos

wait was thinking of wrong person placeholder post for me posting things about 7 speed champs

10. Daltos

Ok the more I look at it the more Karmavore has a point. Still should nerf ranger elite though

Karmavore likes this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah RE without much competition is easily one of the best units in the game.
    She used to have some cool upgrade paths with hidden veg/knockout. But now she’s the way she is. Sadly there’s no changes coming so she’ll be as is until the end of time.

As for the other things yeah. It’s clear to see out of most of the factions with stat modifiers as their faction bonus KFs unit are generally the only ones costed/made with their bonus in mind. Otherwise the faction would be statistically faster, but it’s actually quite the opposite. If we’re taking base speed KF generally has the lowest spd average. Ofc the bonus is a thing but yeah they’re all generally made with this is mind.

12. Daltos

Really it was the extra cap that made it absurd and when they took it away it's been better. ST's faction bonus has been more oppressive lately especially with Icefang users, just because you can't alpha strike anything early.

It's a shame RE won't ever change because of devs. I tried showing my boss this game to run it by our game developer department for purchasing and the game crashed on him twice, thus killing the slim hope this game had of further development.

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Even though I don't think KF bonus is all that, naming all the 8 speed champs and finding over 25% of them to be meta doesn't prove much.

I'm not sure what percentage of 6/7 speed champs are considered meta but I'll guess it's less than 25%.

14. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

For the longest time, I thought spells were kind of cheating at the game tbh. I understand that you can to some degree predict them. But they always seemed to come out of nowhere and ruin my positioning and lose me the game. Seeing how good wooden scales BG are has reformed my thinking a lot towards this perceived unfairness.

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I used to think the same way, actually. But the truth is, now, when I see an opponent casting lots of spells, I believe they are falling behind. With a few exceptions, deploying champions is a better use of nora than spell spam.

Woffleet likes this.
  16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I wonder how many 7 (with bonus) speeders does KF have compared to other factions. I feel that's the catch with its bonus. I mean, KF sure has the most ranged 7 speeders by far, and I don't even need to count.

Inb4 karma proves me wrong.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

No you're 100% right with that.

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It’s funny everyone hates eroding winds now, but when it came out I recognized immediately how broken it was, made a post, and got flamed for it.

Global spells, relics, abilities, forever broken.

Karmavore likes this.
  19. super71

Yeah, the most 35 hp 7 speeders. K'thir speed remained the same, but barely any of their other stats ever evolved beyond that. Still curious what went down in st, and sp.

20. super71

I'd like to throw in focused nexus into the pot for annoying runes that should be vetoed. I honestly don't think it would bother me, but with st's already silly damage, and silly hp, nexus just allows the opponent to walk their 60+ hp champs at you whenever they are ready. Never noticed focused nexus lasts 20 turns either, no other terrain modification in the game lasts that long, or is nearly as powerful. Sure you can beat it by range, or spell spam, but with the efficiency of st's champs hp/nora wise, and them also having better range options than most factions it's kind of a lose lose.

I lost to it by the way, opponent kept dropping nexus, and walking forward with his elemental aura, fascinate, distracting, impairing, champions.

I'd almost put st on my list of annoying factions above sp at this point.

Was going to run my lonx bg for easy wins, but just didn't want to be that guy that plays st right now.

God speed you heathens, see you on the pox field.