Ancient Implications: wt*?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, Jul 9, 2020.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Costs 45 Nora. Grants Majestic, Purified and Backlash for 6 turns. That is already undercosted, in my opinion, for all the value you get, especially if it is used on a superchamp. And then it returns you 35 Nora if the target unit is killed while the spell is still active. So you get all these cool abilities at once for a measly 10 Nora if your unit dies. The hell?

I've been running a KF/UD split for a while, but after seeing this bull**** used in my last match I am considering switching to ST/UD.

2. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

3. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

GAIAMASTERakaNANI The King of Potatoes

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Put it on Short Lived champs to be sure the champ dies under the spell effect.

fogandsteel likes this.
  5. Daltos

Daltos The King of Potatoes

You run Overlord and drop it the second you're losing I don't feel bad if you run into majestic

6. fogandsteel

OK, and ST players run Icefang, so? And I deploy Overlord not when I am losing, but when I think he is the best unit to deploy. I run only 10-11 champs in my BG, so oftentimes I have to deploy what I have available, not what I want.

PS. And by the way, I think that Overlord is not all that great. He is very good as a crowd control unit, but one-on-one he loses to a lot of champs with the same or smaller Nora cost. For example, to Minotaur Render with Pace, Crushing Blow and Render (for only 69 Nora), or to any unit with fire-eater (and this is just UD).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  7. fogandsteel

Another insanely undercosted ST spell is Arctic Gift. (I wish UD had a spell that would grant Lavawalker, Lava veil and Domain: Lava for 20 Nora.)
    And the craziest part is that this spell has no turn limit. Any 4 next units deployed or summoned get the gifts.

8. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

you play super champ bg no one cares man

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Lava Veil would be super broken since it's the only terrain that does damage (aside from Unstable Ground, but that's not really a terrain type). Fire Eaters would also get insane healing from that much lava.

10. fogandsteel

I get it. People don't like Voths.

PS. I was just pointing out undercosted runes. They affect all players, not just me.
    Although I don't know if anybody can adjust their costs or ban them from Ranked in the current state of the game.

11. fogandsteel

Yeah, I was not trying to say it would have the same effect for the same Nora cost. It was a bit exaggerated to make a point.

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

No one can.

No one like UD. Ok, that's a lie, i don't. But i also don't like SP,FS,FW,ST,KF,SL.....ok i like only IS cuz is OP

There are plenty.

Besides, back in the days BG should have at least 16 champs honeslty idk right now

13. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Nerf IS, the barbarian with wings gets 18 dmg and tough free. With all the autocleanse and autoheal.