Patch Notes: August 31st, 2020 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to patch notes: Click me!
    Link to the spreadsheet: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    belalugosi, Tweek516, IMAGIRL and 2 others like this.
  2. bonezone

bonezone New Member

Nice ban on ethereal pool in ranked, bad nerf on stitched skeleform. :)

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Nice to see some changes, though some of them seem pretty random to me. What was the intention with the stitched changes.

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I've been saying Poxnora is in the most stable state it's ever been in; with community updates that obviously weakness that statement; however being entirely community driven I'm not sure stable is even relevant anymore as we've already been playing with the current state of Poxnora for half a decade. I'm not even sure each match would be bugged for players so in all honesty it's the lack of concurrent population that is holding Poxnora back.

I don't see the updates as a bane but a very positive boon; if not only for us that already play Poxnora. Congrats to those who are contributing, thank you and looking forward to what you all have in store. I'll take a look at what we can tinker with and maybe jump in on future patches.

5. Etherielin

I wanted to preserve this one combo they get to run with tome of faded souls but make it harder to accomplish. So far missed the mark but I will figure it out.

6. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

I really feel like Flamefist should get a nora adjustment

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Why does Imp Familiar have Hunter Mage on it's first upgrade line?

8. Etherielin

It hasn't been changed in ages, but Hunter: X abilities also have a defensive benefit so it takes 2 DMG less from Wizards and Witches.

9. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

WHAT did you do to my Mena? No, no, no, no. This is not good. He can't be a priest without healing, first off. What you should have done is the following.

UG1 Regen 1, Nat Con (Why get rid of this?), and HM3 (put this back)
    UG 2 GMA, GTel (That's an interesting choice, maybe good job here), Prognosticate (This give him a unique skill that no one else has.)

10. aseryen

Depending on who in this new player council is effectively making changes; expect for unique abilities to be removed and watered down across kits.

You know for the nux

11. aseryen

Change starshine on Grintmaw Shaman back to Dampen

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

*Nervously looks at the Ironfist Inquisition...*

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There is no player council. Anyone is able to make a suggestion. A few that make sense will be picked every few weeks to add in. Patches will likely be small with only a few changes per faction per month.

Skullferno and Etherielin like this.
  14. Etherielin

Menalaus was changed to this upgrade skillset, because there were multiple suggestions that essentially asked for the same change to him (with U1 being literally suggested to be like this in every suggestion). He's now 94n at his cheapest and all of his options are useful instead of sandbagging him.
    This. Everyone is allowed to make suggestions and the ones that go in are the ones that make sense and are the most interesting.

15. aseryen

Le satire; trust me I understand how the changes are going to be made.

But as I personally do not have any additional access outside of playing the state given/updated, this new era of development is...

Sustained and supported by the player council

capeesh

16. aseryen

Regardless, the new council will have the same responsibilities as any other dev; “without changing code or not” is irrelevant when the state of being shifted from one variable to the next

If it were me; I’d be going about this in a more organized manner at least to combat the arbitrary nature that has been already started by player contribution...all this from a history of patched/patched/patched work to the point where...

NUX is anyone’s definition so long as the are at the ones explicitly changing the variables.

17. aseryen

The first set of changes were arbitrary as all hell and could have been better utilized as an event round rather than a matter of fact state of play...

This democracy that you guys think you’re running is just as much a Bane Shift show as the previous handlers of this IP considering your only defense to any changes is to single out mechanics/interactions and personal whim voted upon by players in...I’ll leave you guys to the pits until a more organized system is figured out.

Any meta-data as to why one rune is checked out over another? No? Check the discord? A floating archive of ingame chat and post-developer-development?

Start a Trello, set your goals and iterate before you patch...you guys are the developers now and the first changes made are just as muddy as the previous eras

Conprende

18. aseryen

19. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Removing heal from Tortun Portalmage makes me sad :c. Buffing ice and firestorm too. I'd like to know reasoning behind these.

Aside from that, good changes.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You forgot to write 'understand' in a foreign language after this post, please edit.