Patch Notes: July 1st, 2021 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Jul 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to the patch notes: Click me!
    Link to the spreadsheet: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

I disagree, this is one of the best releases since Beth started.

3. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Not really man. KF gets the best most thought out adjustments as has been the case with every single patch. Look how undercosted and efficient Ash is and with the cumulative abilities on Ash/Summons/Murder it's a nora gen machine. KF gets all the cool abilities/synergy/themes. It might be more palatable if other factions/themes received comparable treatment. Take the patch they did for boghoppers for example, there was plenty of opportunity for fun and interesting abilities to be added to runes that otherwise hardly see play. What did they do instead, they nerfed every boghopper that did see play (including Kartch and called it a buff) and gave maybe one rank of a dot to a champ and that's all boghoppers get. Now compare that to the attention themes in KF get, it's just not fun to always see one faction get cool/fun stuff while other themes people like either get nerfed to unplayable or they get nothing. Plenty of good ideas have been suggested, especially early on(including ideas by you Dice). But only the players who Etherelien likes have any input, often times really bad input and from people who barely even play the game, while people who play every day and have good input are ignored because they aren't popular. Its just lame man.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  4. Bushido

Lol I was just making a joke because there weren't any changes this patch afaik.

Also, yes, they butchered moragen as well for no reason other than to try out a stupid design. Game is legitimately in its worst state since at least icefang days, possibly longer. Just a power trip from some1 who doesn't play pox.

Sucks they nerfed kartch, I didn't actually follow that change, but I'll check it out now.

5. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Dude you make no sense. I said it sucked (which i was kidding), and then you said no way, but then you said it sucked for everyone except KF. KF has been changed more than any other faction. Yeah Ash is better now but so is Vex, Kartch, etc. and quite a few others.

6. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

I was talking to Bushido.

Also Kartch got what amounts to basically a sandbag on baseline without the accompanied discount that other faction heroes got for adding ability to baseline. He was better when you could just run him cheaper.
    Ash not only got better abilities but a huge nora discount as well.

Yes Vex is better. And the change to draconic force does not help. Was anyone even running him with draconic force? The good upgrade is jolt 2 and then you get rend 3 with akakios blade from 8 range. Its like someone tried to make it as lame as possible. Same with Ash. Same with just about everything Etherielin has done other than the patch to change icefang and overlord.

7. Bushido

KF really is one of the better factions. There have been numerous small buffs which have really not been utilized properly by a majority of players. They also still have many crazy things in their faction that take them far beyond what most factions can do.

I personally feel SL and FS have benefited the most since these patches, but KF is at least better than the bottom 4. FW got absolutely dunked on, with oblivion hex, big hopper zombie, and utterdark being the only real positive changes thus far, and a plethora of one sided nerfs that other factions simply didn't get. In fact, skeletons were the most nerfed theme, and they were the core of ff fw. I made an entire list of failures towards the fw faction in the sub forums.

I think ppl are overreacting to KF right now only because they are the most prevalent in the small player base. But calling them weak would be a lie, and ashe is one of Beth's worst creations to date, which is saying something.

I could come up with improvements to every single problematic rune in the game better than the current team if asked by dev.

8. Bushido

I appreciate the conversation, I checked kartch yesterday, but I couldn't spot the ability that was causing his hike in price by memory. I did not recall him being 88 nora though, and looking at him from a clean slate I don't think he's crew very strong for 88 nora. He isn't bad per say, but just too much nora for what other bog hoppers look like they might do better. Esp since there's so many adaptive units in fs.

I really hate the design philosophy of heros that the nu- developers are putting forth. They seem to purposely make them high cost and gimmicky, which really defeats the purpose of a ff unit. A FF unit needs to be highly adaptable and have a generally safe return on investment. You want to encourage ppl to play all 3 heros in decks with bad bonuses. Basically IS, FW should have better ff heros than other factions. Because you are playing with less useful free stats, so you need something that can help you get consistent tempo in exchange. And if that tempo granter is just a spell, you are usually just better off running a split.

So, in some sense, I would support factions with good bonuses only being able to use 2/3 or 1/3 champions in a theme less deck. In that sense a kartch nerf would make sense, since geekal and the fb are kind of auto includes for fs.

Issue is we know this wasn't the intent of the design. The intent of this design was ... to make all heros across the board more expensive. Why? Because they are just in an echo chamber of stupidity.

I think vex will just continue to be an issue, as will ash and aod and aog and maxx and stitched combo and basically a lot of runes I have already mentioned in a thread a few months ago.

Its hard to pin point a specific design trend that is ruining the game, but I am going to point to games that being designed to end quickly. And this has nothing to do with me maining fw; it has to do with allowing for games not to end right away before a fair chance to stall. Resource accumulation, shrine health, transfiguring, and ap gain / positioning need to be the kpi for a win. Rune reveal, cooldown management , and mulligans need to come as a distinct second. In particular I'd say cooldowns should be more important in game theory, but they currently are not due to engine limitations. Cds should basically be longer across the board, esp on champions and relics.

It's sad that good design principles are ignored in favor of gimmicky crap. If most ppl actually knew late game pox theory, this game would be much more enjoyable. And if more cheesers were as good as prince leaf, the game would actually develop much faster. I knew about the strength of Ohko decks long before pl return, which is why thunderhoof exists on my nerf list despite idiots telling me how wrong I am. They also told me i was wrong about stitched combo but now basically everyone loses to me unless I just spill coffee on my keyboard or im alt tabbed. Or im facing something that beats 99% of decks anyways.

No reason to ever play ff fw. If hermaios says otherwise, he knows that stitched combo mops the floor with his silly skeleton decks. In fact I was doing 60% against markus skeletons before I had even come close to perfecting stitched combo decks both mechanically and deck building wise.

9. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

I agree the game is in a Bane Shift state. But its not on Eth or the few souls trying to keep this burning pile of Bane Shift alive. The issue I have is always the same. Balance. For example I just got my ass handed to me by lonx.

With equip spam they have insane dmg, mobility, hp, etc. There are no more faction lines. I remember when UD had a equip that granted pounce. Then the community complained and it got restricted to goblins. I just get tired of seeing the same justification to nerf something in UD but allow it to float in another faction. I held out hope for about as long as any addict could. My entire rune collection is up for sale. If I get a good offer its gone. 2x every UD rune and a gang of other Bane Shift from other factions.

I try to come back to the game for that nostalgic fix.....but then reality sets in and I remember why I specifically stepped away from this game.

10. Bushido

Its literally Beth and nu councils fault, they are the lead devs.

11. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

It was my impression that they only had limited access to make changes. If they have full access then yes they could/should have worked more on balance and returning faction lines etc..

12. Etherielin

That is the case.

13. Bushido

I wouldn't take responsibility at this point either, well played.

14. Etherielin

I would advise against lying. Everyone knows that Cortices and I have extremely limited options when it comes to applying changes as has been elaborated before many times and every single time a returning player or a person unfamiliar with the current situation showed up.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. Bushido

Ok but I could come up with 1000 potential changes, so I wouldn't consider there to be limited options.

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Clearly you do not understand how code works.

17. Bushido

I do, thx tho.

I was saying I could come up with 1000 changes that work within the current limitations. W.e

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Wtf? Why is the Forglar Swamp spell Infuse costed at 50 nora? Infuse is not worth 50 nora. Who is implementing these ridiculous changes to this game? Welcome to fkng clownworld.......

Please be reasonable and reverse this back to 35 nora. Good grief.

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The aim of this change and some others (betrayal iirc) is to impede the shrine one turn kill bg which was practically unavoidable, that's why it seems out of place.

20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Some gamma **** abused the spell and got it nerfed. Oh ok fkng pce f sht. Makes sense. Thx.
    Ironic. The same cm dumpsters complaining about the game for years are the same ones destroying the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.