Its past time to make all the runes craftable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitebane21, Aug 3, 2021.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I'm a brewer and the fun in the game for me is making lots of decks. I particularly like tribal themes. Currently, I spend all my time playing MTG Arena because for a small amount of money and an average amount of time I can get gold for packs and wildcards for single cards I want and create all kinds of themed deck. Any and every card is available for me, for free.

Here? Nope. Every time I go to play, I remember "Oh right, all the key tribal pieces are Leg/LE and a bunch are in the last expansion." I've bought singles off other players but many people seem to think uncraftable runes are actually worth something and imo, they're not.

Make everything craftable. Zero people are spending money on this game, making it somehow both F2P and P2W. That sucks for everyone. Besides, I want buy singles from gold hoarders for dirt cheap and play whatever janky idea pops into my head. And if you're a "collector" who's butthurt about this idea because it will make your giant horde of LEs "worthless", well I have a Pog collection I'll let go for super cheap. Full of limited ultra-mega rare slammers and whatnot.

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Currently the last expansion and the LIMs pay for the server maintenance.

3. nitebane21

Seriously? Well that's pretty sweet I guess. Sucks for me though, I have terrible luck pulling what I need, plus I want to build lots of different things. Zombies, ST Frost, Demons, UD Fire are some of my favorites but I've always wanted to give KF a try too. I'm no whale though! I buy the Mastery Pass on Arena every time and grind out the rest.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  4. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

It is time to update the website and sell all cosmetic lims for $$, and allow for PD runes to be craftable imo.

vipoid, nitebane21 and XFurionsX like this.
  5. Bushido

The only pd lims REALLY worth using are ud and ST. With UD you also probably want harbs and salaam. So if you skip playing ud, you'll probably be OK. I'd say... IS or SL are your best factions that don't limit you for not having runes. Just need skywing screechers.

Sp is fairly cheap as well.

6. nitebane21

Sure but I like tribes. All the tribal lynchpin pieces are not craftable (so cruel to make the best pieces of tribale decks LIM chase pieces)

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Like which ones?

8. nitebane21

After looking a lot more closely, aside from harbies and doomballs it seems like most everything is craftable and there isn't a ton in the new set I need! Just A LOT more shards lol

9. Bushido

Doomballs are craftable. You are talking about UD right? You need VOTH overlord to be competitive. SAlaam too. Any late game build using darkness requires harbs tho. But it makes a huge difference.

10. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

I'm feeling generous so hit me up with a list and I'll craft them for ya provided it's not huge...

TeaNinja and nitebane21 like this.
  11. Bushido

Craft me entire SL draksar deck pls

12. L33Ch

Sure but it'll cost ya 1 UD Harb...:rolleyes: Which i'll donate to NiteBane.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    nitebane21 likes this.
  13. Bushido

I wish i had one ! ha

14. L33Ch

Well since you've been a good boy of late if it's something you really really want i'll craft it for u, but if your greedy and want a whole deck then expect 30 common runes ^^

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  15. Bushido

Thanks daddy, but I changed my mind, I am going to craft them on my own! I don't need your support any longer!

L33Ch likes this.
  16. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

i'd like some IS paladins if you don't mind.

What happened to the "lets build an expansion together" project, really would like to see new runes.

17. L33Ch

Well although I am feeling less generous of late, post a list and I'll consider it...

18. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I don't know, something good enough to split with FW.

19. L33Ch

As there are only 2 FW Paladins I can think of, it's not exactly a great synergy. Although running both Magnus the Fallen and Inquisitor Magnus in the same BG could be good for a larf. It comes at the expense of all the nice IS Paly heroes.

20. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

would it kill to finally make harby's craftable? they are hardly game breaking, and as a collector Id really like to have a few.