Last balance thread for awhile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushido, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey all,

Dicemoney here. Ive made several alts with 80%+ wrs, some not even using a shrine. I consider myself one of the best FW players, and a main in a regard that I can play any theme above average / well, and many im a subject matter expert.

Ive also been bootstrapped by the best players in the game, where I've discussed privately at great lengths game theory.

There's some major issues imo with balance;

Kf: way too many uber units and cheap stuff

Ud: way too strong with too much free +4 damage at range 5, besets, etc. Then there's maxx, who punishes death too effectively for cost. Also, sac , ud voth.

St: crystal Phoenix and ice fang need nerf, at the very least. They have a bunch of stat stacking that's a bit much for the bonus imo as well.

Sp: has some abusive stuff, and are under represented for their power level. In particular, voil and electric.

^^^ this stuff by far the best

Sl: I'd say that the territorial skill is bugged and should be removed, but other than that, they are well balanced mostly.

Fw; well balanced, nothing very good, but that's fine. Maxx and jellibrium hold them back, they lack a bonus, which hurts , and db is too gimmicky to be consistent, as maxx gives free wins. They also lack good flying outside of skelly, which is another reason they aren't top tier.

Fs: jelli is cancer, and should be reworked. 0 skill and can win without opponent being able to play. Command heal is bugged and should be removed. Jelli nexus is op. But other than that, not too much of a problem, aside from equips and relics being grossly undercosted, and bonus overpowered on small maps.

Is: it's fine mostly, but they shouldn't have so much free mobility imo. Also grintmaw could become an issue imo.

I'm going to be sailing around the world, so I won't be around for awhile, but I hope dom you can read this and take into consideration these notes, as even with proposed changes I suggest making more actions according to this list.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

*drinks alcohol* this won't affect my pregnancy

10 years later:

badgerale and vipoid like this.
  3. Bushido

One of us is telling the truth :p

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I don't have much of a horse in this race but I'll admit this gave me a good chuckle. :D

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Enjoy the world and have fun

6. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Am I trippin or was there a new balance patch that doesn't have the notes released yet? My units all of a sudden have lost abilities and received new ones but I see no documentation about the change

7. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Looks like you're right the latest patch is live. They must have not had a chance to post the patch notes yet.

8. klaudiuh

klaudiuh The King of Potatoes

Please give ice Queen sovereignty bounty back and same with voil Queen… I loved my Queen deck :( literally obliterated it pox… wtf.

9. klaudiuh

Anyone know the new champs, if any now, :( have sovereignty bounty ability?

10. belalugosi

Voil Queen is better now.

11. klaudiuh

I still believe frost Queen should of kept sovereign bounty. Especially if they reduced her range

12. klaudiuh

How is Queen better? All they did was add caverns to her. You must play voil a lot?

13. klaudiuh

I guess they completely removed the ability “sovereigns bounty” from the game?? Only other champ that has it is goblin king.. I feel like it should be an ability all kings/queens have in game. Or Atleast a few other champs should have it.. it adds a large amount of syncing in the game and it’s especially fun.. I’m tired of them always vamping, IS and changing crap that doesn’t matter. Lol.. this is why the game is dead. They ruin everyone’s bg’s that they have fun playing with. Nerf the guys bg’s that are all using the same one in the top 100 ranking.

14. klaudiuh

I Have played the game consistently since the beginning lol, and it seems like every update they lose more and more players that stuck with the game. Guess I’m taking a break until game is fixed since all this nerfing the wrong Bane Shift is going on. Don’t know who’s in control but games dead because of you guys, no new expansions, no new gameplay, no mobile support or mobile game. Should add new features, new abilities, introduce a newer better way to play.. completely go away with poxnora and make a second one. It’s out of date, if all the devs do is nerf then buff then nerf then buff. It’s a ever repeating process obviously the game is so far broke they can do anything about it except start taking the abilities off champs. Make new game with balanced runes and let us transfer all runes to new game. Give us more gameplay.. something to play they game for again. I don’t wanna quit the game but it’s just lame at point. 200 active players down to 199 wonder how long until they shut the servers down.

15. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Noooooo!

My Dark Knight/Sovereign Bounty deck. :(

16. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

What champ is this?

17. DOODLEROCK

DOODLEROCK The King of Potatoes

super but hurt about the invigorate lich nerf losing ritual of what ever. 1st time liches become playable and it has been removed. :|

18. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I assure you, Liches are still very much playable.

19. Bushido

Anything is playable, doesn't mean it's good. COU nerf didn't affect liches much, it just made every other fw deck that isn't aggressive worse.

Ofc, it was a very stupid change, to a faction that isn't good.

20. belalugosi

Just want to add that draksar archer and akakios blade is really stupid. Also hope you're doing well dice.