Choosing between Meta

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by drathys, Jun 3, 2014.

1. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

so I used to play a fair bit, recently come back and trying to figure out a meta deck. It seems that although different decks are fairly similar there is actually a lot of variation between what I see top players using. I am struggling to construct my deck from these elements and was looking for some help and insight into how people construct their decks. i appreciate that this will in all likelihood change when the changes come in but I'm hungry to play now!
    How I used to build a UD deck was to have a few beaters, some ranged, a few support and then spells making sure there is an element of anti range in. is this still a viable strategy?

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVC3BC6-cpLC-cd6c60c7GcdFca9Ch5syS2Hs8fs86sOSAR3TrAr20EN

this is roughly what i have been using but i cant settle on anything. can't get the hekatians but otherwise can aquire most things. help appreciated

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Looks pretty standard, but it could use more Price of Victory.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would add a lower beast of sheoul somewhere, purely for backlash.

4. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Hey drathys! I saw your post and thought I'd say 'hi' Send me a message on stearpike and we can have a game!

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

you seem to be playing soulthrister/pull variation.... im also playing that currently :D

Ditch demolish
    Ditch 1 demonshield
    Add mindslicer boomerang
    Add price of victory

2x head of osu is a little overkill.. feel free to take 1 out for something else if you want :)

I would do some changes to the champions... but that would be based on my what i personally like...... so i suppose they are ok

6. drathys

thanks for the input bros. deck is functioning better.

7. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

If your looking at a relocation theme teamed up with Soulthirster (like Agirgis suggested), then maybe a second Hook Feind would be of use. Also, 1 or 2 Deep Elf Infiltrators wouldn't hurt.

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'll just say I'm amazed at the influence TinyDragon had. He/she started running demon liches, soulthirster, and a relocate-heavy bg (hookfiend, spellkaiser, dep) and now everyone is doing it. GJ TinyDragon...you're worshipped by followers.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Dude, it's been like that for years. Tiny is probably the most copied player in Pox history.

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Its true tiny brought back soulthrister..... but demonliches was rasielCZ idea and tiny took that from him >.<

11. drathys

I find that when returning to the game or being a beginner itsbest to copy whats tried and tested. its too much of a head game to know whether your deck or your playing is the problem when you're losing. if you know the deck is reasonably fine then i find the temptation to change it less and focus on playing better. also relocating and double tapping champs, stealing their souls in the process is a lot of fun. also i finally started winning some games so appreciate the help

12. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Tinys take o it is brilliant tho, i mean when you got a boss ammount of relocate you dont need ranged. But all in all ud is just disgusting right now... And i dont even play ud!