Revamp Comments

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Cydna, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just going through my BGs, and...

OUCH.

Angel of Protection got nerfed (not a shocker)
    Crusader lost Thirst For Battle and Hallowed Trial. (Got Self Heal and Reinforcements instead)
    Attedent Squire is cheaper
    Veilwalker lost Cast: Despoil
    Scarlet Wing's Damage was reduced to 10, got flamestrike on upgrades.

2. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Crusaders made it iut of my bgs now lol, sucks ghat veilwalker lost despoil, was realy useful for anti magic for is. I think dmc is aweful now with lumbering, and i dont see te nerf in magnus? Hes fine to me

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Barbarians lost race: human which is kinda odd. Some interesting champions and some wonky ones like bolt being the only non bastion storm clan war chief but also the only unit who has any way to ground in the whole race...not an issue you say? you would be right if it wasn't forced to pick between grounding or war chief status..for which it would want to ground.

Or Barbarian Archer having high ground still after it was changed to need to be flying to get any effect from it. Add to it ally: ST on base upgrade status for tundra and its only other option being a price raiser, and you start to see wonky designs but it was to be expected.

4. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Im surprised fist didnt get hit harder either

5. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Taking human off barbarians was the opposite they should have done. They should have made Barbarian a class like Paladin.

6. Tarth

Barbarian Shieldman is beastly. Just so everyone knows.

7. StupidJerk

Blood Rage still adds Savage: Blood Clan according to its description. Spells seem to be entirely untouched.

8. Tarth

If wild chieftain stays as is, berserk attack 3 will be a hindrance more then anything. -2Def on use for a 0 def champion which now costs 92 nora for a zerker 3 unit that cant store ap which is also your warcry unit is going t0 be an issue. Zerker 3 is almost a must due to 6 or 7 speed with no ap saving is dead wait as a warcry unit.

edit: zerker attack does not tick warcry either so...yea.

9. StupidJerk

I think the barbarian theme is pretty much out the window. I bet they'll even things out over the next week or so, but it looks woefully bleak at the moment. On the bright side, Brutality Barbarian looks actually usable now.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Northern Cross Cardinal lost Equalize, ouch

11. Tarth

Hes one of the interesting ones. His 6spd but forced to zerkerness means he will never be able to store double tap ap, and will require either manic or outside ap gen( impatient or warcry/invig) for kills but thirst is a game changer for him. 72 for a 6spd( careless) champion with manic( mixed pro/com), impatient( mixed pro/con) 15 starting damage and thirst is a wild card for sure. 0 def to start, low hp that will be in 30s or lower before combat starts in a theme with no cleanse and little healing is an issue for sure. He needs to lose race demon for Human ( as all barbs need human, and those with mounts need beast like the wings have dwarf/beast) imo but as he is hes a wild card high risk/reward rune.

12. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Barbarians kinda got out of control imo. Idk which way was more op the clan theme or everyone gets a second chance via perserverance and gets healed back up.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Guys, IS as a whole just got buffed.

Your faction bonus is relevant again.

Woffleet, Tarth and dueljewel like this.
  14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Explain, I haven't been reading changelogs

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Champs are suck, winning with spells is back.

Basically.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Some thoughts:
    1) Silverclan Tink is wow.

2) We lost almost all anti ranged abilities, RD back in and shroud becomes important.

3) quite a few extremely efficient deploys, brewmaster and thug

4) Alot of runes got trashed. It's ok, just don't use those anymore.

17. StupidJerk

It's a bit early to make that kind of judgement, since they're bound to be making changes actively. Still, I hope you're wrong.

18. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Some runes i question, i feel like putting lumbering on dmc us ponderous is lol...why not just lessen his range? I thought bastion was gonna be the new addition to the is shoebox but he really just lost intimidating. Tinkerer is like wow tho

19. Tarth

Interrogator needs poison back some how.
    Barbs need more interaction between them as right now its mostly defender/battlemaster/motivate/shroud/warcry groupings. Not very modern or really unique.

StupidJerk likes this.
  20. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

My brew decks seemed to have had a good buff. Thug is efficient as all hell, and brawler got a well deserved cost decrease. Will miss the assault/punish on axeman as an anti range tool but we'll see how we go. Some stuff seems overcosted (wind fury at 91 nora, alchemist at 80) but have yet to have a good play.