The List; Iconsistancies-Redundacies-OP/UP/Bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmavore, Jun 29, 2014.

1. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

I agree looks like me/gedden/OP are mostly on board with each other in terms of KF.

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

How do you guys feel about Pit Dragon losing Colossal in the revamp?

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Gedden , this is the same problem with moga also...... any unit that is less then 50 or even 40! nora.... should not do much at all , ive seen it in play....... its not insanely op.....but its not balanced

4. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

He should probably have it back, adjust cost as needed. Hes pretty iconic ud.

Clueless and Morfeas like this.
  5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Yeah and until relatively recently he never had colossal.

I fail to see how that is an iconic ability on the pit Dragon.

The pit dragon has always been know for his massive damage. Him becoming a tank was a relatively recent development.

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

@Gedden im also really grateful you listened to some of the advice seeing from the patch notes <3

7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I don't think balancing runes to be the "way they used to be" is the way to go, if anything we should move towards the things the champ itself projects: this thing IS colossal, but what exactly about his art, name or lore show any correlation to magic resistance? ;)

8. theKraken

Your right it doesn't need to be there but it makes sense on him more than others, I wouldn't mind as long as its relegated to an upgrade tree and costed appropriately.

Honestly id like to see more collosal units to promote 2x2 use. (Should not be placed on units with a ton of defensive abilities)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The problem with a proliferation of colossal is that there are a number themes that don't have much in the way of 2x2s to deal with a colossal champ.

Skeezick for example have 1 2x2 champ in theme. That champ is the 86 nora 8 dmg 5 speed Mounted Sauropod.
    Beasts also only have 1 2x2 to try and deal with colossal. It is that same Mounted Sauropod.

I imagine the prospect of dealing with colossal is equally daunting for a theme like imps or ferren, back when they were a thing.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are auras and novas reduced by Colossal? DoT, traps, and spells help combat Colossal, which helps.

11. theKraken

Very good points. For my suggestion to be at all viable these champs cant have additional defenses, tough 3, regen etc without paying a premium. Also if its a problem for a particular theme, they could splash hunter giant or an abundance of dots

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Auras have always been effected by colossal.

13. theKraken

Auras are. Novas, I dont thing so. Colossal could be made into only affecting basic attacks.

Therefor less counter or die

14. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Regarding design and upgrade paths, Gravewatcher does have 8 damage, no attack at all (no cones, abilities, assault, nothing) AND, cherry on top, they gave him rotting blows as an upgrade.

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

If you're looking for SL stuff you could always venture to the SL forum. There is a fair amount there and I have no desire to rewrite or summarize what I've already written. But I'm lazy that way.

16. theKraken

Ill try to gather what i can from the missing forums, and guildys opinions (very good guild)

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think now that the first patch has been put through, we should focus our attention of everything that is still left behind. Leaving the stuff that has been changed already alone for a while and try and build some rune diversity within' our factions. The more runes the better right?

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Kiergana can upgrade paralytic strike. Tome of faded souls grants her paralytic strike if equipped to Kiergana. Not a huge issue but a bit redundant and wonky.

Rokkushun and Karmavore like this.
  19. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

Only balance issue I see is that KF is downright unplayable, have you seen that frond flavor text nerf?

I request an LE version with old flavor text :3

edit: Also shatter being on the same upgrade path as hidden: veg makes me :[

20. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Now for someone who throws Bob Marley quotes around like their as profound as Rene Descartes I would seriously put down the joint and have a think about ones own 'intelligence.' To do it once is LOL but to have 2 different quotes (one on your profile page and one as a footer to your messages) is LMFAO. Of course good 'ol Rene came up with the idea that one certainty we can base our knowledge off of is that if one can think, one exists. Or as he put it Cogito ergo sum (I think therefore I am) Now when it comes to your input which involves nothing constructive whatsoever I feel a Latin phrase of my own coming on it goes Si quis vobis loquor (Think before you speak)

Frostfall vanguard has lost 10 to his nora cost already and in the patch notes if you had bothered to read them you'd see the cost of colossal has increased. So the Frostfall Vanguard would be anywhere between 95 and 100 nora. The fact he is 82 nora means he can be used in other decks (not just YOUR frost deck) Now he can still be used in frost decks at a much cheaper cost as well as anyone wanting him as a tank in ANY FFST deck OR indeed a split ST deck. But unfortunately there's players like you who only look out for themselves and it really shows.

In future if you want to help have a think and try put something that is ACTUALLY going to help and not just troll. Let me help YOU by rewriting your post:

I don't agree with Frost Acolyte being taken away from Frostfall Vanguard as now I don't feel I can play him in my frost deck. Even if the Nora cost is 95+ I still feel it was the main reason it was run in frost BG's. I think it would be a good idea if it was put back or given as an option so we can choose whether to have it or not.

You see that actually gives a suggestion about what to do. If you use your brain you might be able to come up with a few suggestions yourself and help move this revamp along.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014