World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I love me some upsets, and would be uber delighted if 1 or more of the favorites lost. So many just BARELY defeated 2nd group teams as it is.

Brazil is THE favorite, thus a Colombia victory would be the most epicsause of the Quarters. Brazil is favorite for a reason.

I am NOT against Brazil, but rather FOR at least 1 underdog to sting yet another giant. Sadly, not much in the way of underdogs left now.

Best of luck to all teams. No serious injuries and such. Watch out for distracting hotties. Win the heck out of it! Savvy?

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I know, bud. The force is with us - dont be taken into the dark side.
    Also, Costa Rica is still there, there are no bigger underdogs than them.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

there was contact. apparently that justifies the penalty kick.

and yes a lot of footballers overreact to things, this is understandable because overreacting means the referee is likely to notice you, not overreacting does not get you anything. flopping is bad however, but might I ask howyou would verify and punish it?

also was there ever any doubt? mexicans are just the spaniards of No'th'merica afterall.

4. DarkJello

Flopping is subjective, and the ref absolutely can penalize it.

Fouls, yellow cards, and red cards are also subjective. The ref decides. He is God during the match.

The Mexican comment, presumably, was an attempt at humor. Teams have to win on the field. Mexico had chances.

5. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Now, seriously, I want Brazil to win as much as any brazilian does, Pede, but this Colombia national team is probably the strongest Colombia you will ever see. It's even better than the Pibe Valderrama one.

And while Brazil's team is full of talent, the body language of the players tell clearly there's something wrong with the team (I blame Felipão). I hope Brazil wins, but Colombia is playing outstandingly. 3 of the 4 matches to come could be World Cup grand finals IMO.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. DarkJello

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...e-chuck-hagel-calls-tim-howard-221659498.html

Appoint Tim Howard as the Secretary of Defense
    We, the undersigned, hereby petition for the appointment of Timothy Matthew "Tim" Howard, Goalkeeper and MVP of the USMNT, king of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, to the office of U.S. Secretary of Defense for acts of valor and general badassery during the 2014 World Cup.

Created: Jul 01, 2014

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/appoint-tim-howard-secretary-defense/5cCzywS8

The answer is "yes", I did sign the petition too.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No way argentina beats belgium.

Put company on man defense on messi and he won't touch a single ball, argentina has been a one trick pony this whole tournament. Just like 4 years ago

8. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

wanna bet? Messi is goin to beat belgium

9. DarkJello

Argentina MUST shift into a higher gear to defeat Belgium. A gear they have yet to show us this tourney. My money is on Belgium.

You just reinforced our point. Savvy?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'll gladly take that bet

Messi won't touch no ball if he gets man blocked and the rest of argentina is too lackluster to carry a game vs a decent team on their own.

(unless belgium completely derps, it doesn't happen. also lukaku you lazy ass start defending when there's 1 min left on the clock, no need to sit in the damn middle circle)

11. Andralexis

Peço desculpas à brasileira afetada pelo abuso pelos meus compatriotas.

Que a justiça seja feita.

12. DarkJello

^^^ Now it just got real up in here. I think. Wild guess really. Perchance enlighten?

13. Andralexis

4 mexicans, among them two public servants (former legislators) were arrested 2 days ago in Fortaleza on the grounds of assault and sexual molestation.

One of them molested a woman, the husband defended her, then the four mexicans ganged up on this guy and one of his friends. As far as I know, one of those brazilians is in critical condition.

As a mexican, I am horrified, but mostly enraged of this type of behaviour from my compatriots. Sadly the arrested are nothing else but a true reflection of the corruption and decadence of our politicians.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  14. DarkJello

@Andralexis

There are many, many evil and selfish SOBs in every single country on the planet. Not an excuse, just a fact. Don't feel too bad.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Don't feel bad for the behaviour of your compatriotas Andra, there are bad apples everywhere. Mas de qualquer maneira desculpas aceitas meu amigo!
    On a totally differente note:

GAME IN 7 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Talk to you guys tomorrow!!!

Just wanted to share my predictions for this round:
    1) Germany;
    2) Brasil;
    3) Netherlands;
    4) Argentina (sorry Burnzy, but its just that Messi is the man and they soooooooo want to win this World Cup).

16. DarkJello

67 minutes into Brasil vs Colombia, and I am not sure if the ref or Brazil is winning.

#4 of Brazil just scored a beautiful goal. Brazil > ref > Colombia. A comeback seems very unlikely now.

17. DarkJello

Congrats Brazil. Ref stopped it so much I thought I was watching American Football.

The winners had more moments of brilliance. Germany will be fierce! Much anticipation.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Brazil and cesar getting ridiculously lucky there. Mindblowing that he only got a yellow when it should have been a red by all means.

2-1 with 10 vs 11 for colombia with 20 mins to play would have been a completely different game. I didn't see the first 70 minutes, but I felt like the colombians were the better team and got cheated out of a win.

Glad to see that germany won, got 1 of my teams in the quarters already then.
    Praying for belgium later today. 's gonna be easy yo!

19. DarkJello

One of the starters for Brazil cannot play against Germany. I think it was the captain, but not 100% sure.

Announcers on Univision were stunned when Julio Cesar was given a yellow card instead of a red one. On to the semifinals now.

BTW, what happens when a goalie is booted from the game? Does he give his gloves to 1 of the defenders, or is it no goalie till the end?

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

What was the actual result of the game with Germany?