World Cup @Brasil 2014!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're confusing a legitimate play by the book, however brutal with the 30 min long massacre Argentina held for which at least 2 red cards were in order.

If they were equally skilled at kicking the ball as they were on taking sweinsteiger down, they'd be celebrating right now

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Seemed like a pretty even game. Though Germany were the better side overall, either of them could have nicked a goal to win it.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Howedes should have seen red card instead of yellow, in the first half, and the penalty was also on the first 90 minutes, if you don't think that would have changed things, I don't know what to say.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You must have missed how one Argentinian defender pushed Kramer into his friend's shoulder to give him a concussion 20 mins into the game in the 16 line.

5. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Like the Red Card that Mascherano didn't get after fouling Schweinsteiger?
    Or the rest of the fouls against him? Seeing him bleeding was just the cherry on top of the mud cake they were doing with the german footballer.

I see the picture of Germany holding the cup and all I think is "football won today".

Even octopi know it:

[​IMG]

DarkJello likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

Now, really, that wasn't even a fault, if you are even bringing it up it's because you don't know anything about football, or did you see any of the germans complaining?

7. GabrielQ

8. Andralexis

Same color scheme, same design elements (stripes and sun).

It's not that far off, but lemme 'shop the Argentinian flag there. It will be all the rage on Twitter.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't know that the keeper is correct if he gets the ball in a duel, however hard the encounter?

Also the germans generally keep their cool, because they know complaining to the ref doesn't do any good. Can't say the same for Masherano, guy's got some anger issues

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I had a bet with one of my friends for 100$ that neither Germany or Argentina would score in the first 90, there after Germany would win in overtime before shootout, 1-0.
    Looks like im exactly on the money, and 100$ richer. Woot.

DarkJello and Boozha like this.
  11. GabrielQ

Sorry to tell you, but neither of these statements are true.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Neuer hits the ball away and has his knee raised to gain height during the jump + protect himself. Higuain wasn't smart enough to check his surroundings.

If Higuain had jumped for the header it would have been a foul, not now.

13. GabrielQ

Anybody knows a respected international sport agency that we could refer to about this situation?
    Everywhere I read I see that people thinks it was penalty.

14. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

congratz germany.
    was watching with my gf and said that Goetze would score the goal. She said she'd pose only in a trikot in front of me if he did and germany won.

So much looking forward to her poses :D
    congratz myself :D

15. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Weltmeister!

16. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

The blitzkrieg was too much. I knew Germany would win. :D

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

World Cup was amongst one of the best ever.
    Props to the Germans, best team won after all.
    There is still only one team with 5 stars on the chest.

18. Andralexis

Well, definitely you don't want to talk to the FIFA. Also:

[​IMG]

10 minutes well-spent, after the best World Cup since the turn of the century. Alles Gute, Deutschland!

iPox and DarkJello like this.
  19. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

'Murica has 50 stars. Good luck catching us! ;)

I am in 100% agreement with whoever said "football won" on page 22. I can think of a few records set this World Cup: 'Murica advanced to round of 16 twice in a row, Tim Howard had 16 saves in one game, Germany scored 7 goals in its semi-final, other semi-final went to PKs for first time, Europe FINALLY broke through and won a WC in South America. Any other records?

Germany is either Weltmeister, Beermeister, or both on this glorious Sunday in July!! :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  20. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just want to say Germany knows how to riot/party in the streets.

iPox likes this.