Fist of Bastion

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What are the big issues people have with Fist of Bastion? Is it Ride Down? What's going on here?

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its a tanky high damge unit that can auto kill a unit with ride down. SO it combos with some things to be over the top.

Tarathil likes this.
  3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Did the positioning bugs with ride down get fixed with the revamp?

4. Tarth

Don't know. I dont have one so all I have been able to go off of is watching or playing against it and have yet to see it more then once.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Haven't yet played revamp. China took my laptop and I haven't got it back.

Prior to revamp he was incredibly tough and largely only attack able by range, had incredible synergy with an OP spell, was a tremendous target for Vial, countered range easily with RD and only had to get something to 20 life to kill it (not on attack chain).

That's quite the list.

6. Gaedel

Ride Down only works when the opponent champ has 20 or less HP, which is equivalent to one hit on many champions. Maybe the big issue is that Ride Down is not on the attack chain, so Fist can attack once then use Ride Down for only 3 AP insteat of 5. What do you choose for his upgrades? Tough 3 and ?.

7. Muddled

Muddled Member

Ride down is so much better than a 20 Damage attack. For starters it cant miss and it bypasses all protections.

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Not to mention it ignores perseverance and other stay alive defenses

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah its a destroy mechanic.

10. Gaedel

So does it need to have a higher nora cost? I don't want to see it go away, it's what makes Fist unique.

11. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I've never played it, only against, and I've never had any problems...in fact, the enemy buffed him all up with spells and equipment and charged him in...one vertical push later he surrendered.

12. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its threshold to trigger could be lowered. Instead of 20 hps it could be 15.

13. Gaedel

Instead of 3 ap it could be 2 ap. Instead of 77 nora it could be 62 nora. Maybe when Ride Down is completed it spawns 3 barbarian wildlings and triggers Surge: Barbarian on friendly barbarians in AOE5 for 6 turns.

Osidan likes this.
  14. Zythraak

I like it. While we're at it, let's give the poor guy a gryphon instead of a silly horse.

15. Gaedel

Yes, and give him Race: Beast too! Oh, wait...

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I would rather he took a power hit in exchange for theme synergy. He is the "fist of bastion" ... good unit to give some responsibility to the theme imo

17. Tarth

Have to watch out for giving exo/leg theme responsibility due to rarity issues.

18. Zythraak

Due to rarity issues? How many non exo/leg units have theme responsibility? A theme certainly needs more than one or two runes, but I agree with @Thbigchief, with a name like that he should mean something instead of just a melee tanky beater. (granted ride down is awesome and my ego skyrockets when I get to use it)

19. Tarth

Most themes don't have exos/Legs as their enablers. Look it up before assuming things.

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You don't want Fist to become something like the old "Lonx chieftain" (the lynchpin of the theme) ... but currently he does nothing for the theme other then hurt it actually. He is too high profile as a meta rune that he gives people the impression that "barbs" are X when really they just mean him. It is not illegal for an exotic to bring synergy to the theme... as long as it's done properly. He doesn't have to be "the" theme...just be part of a group that together help the theme.

- So he needs a vanilla power tap, in exchange for some synergy... something like a token ability like "Ironfist : exploit" on base or something. This could be triggered off stun, rend and grounded. Tbh Id rather just have chieftains get overhauled but if we're stuck with it then at least it could have some connection since Rend was thrown around with a salt shaker.