Saying goodbye is hard to do.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Jul 22, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I thought about posting his in General, but it feels far more appropriate to do so here in the cold and comforting surroundings of the Forsaken Wastes :D

I have had a lot of interesting experiences in my time as a Pox Nora player and met a lot of nice people, most of them FW players naturally. People like Mercer Skye, Yobanchi, Krebmart, andralexiz, Madhobbit, Teascholar, ahazlitt and many, many more. Naming them all would be futile and I would probably leave someone out by mistake.
    I have had some interesting, pointless, futile, fun, constructive, rewarding discussions, all in equal measure as well as LOT of good games.

Soon all that will be behind me :(
    I have to move on to a different part of my life as well as a new hobby.
    My new hobby is running. It´s far less time consuming and it has the added benefit of making my new bikini a little less tight ;)

The reason for my departure is of a deeply personal nature.
    As some of you know I work as a Correctional Officer/Prison Guard and part of my job is drug counseling.
    Lately (with some sharp pointers from my loving hubby) I have come to realize that my interaction with Pox Nora the game and Forum creates a a negative behavioral pattern in me that closely relates to an addicted persons behavior.
    I get grumpy when I am to long away from the Forum and the game and the break/lull in playing I had up till the revamp proved to be a far more productive and well adjusted life for me.
    I abandon part of my real life and shirk on some duties and responsibilities when I engage in Pox Nora.
    This is not something new for me it has just taken me a long while to realize and it is getting worse. It is definitely not something I am proud of or the kind of person I want to be.
    I have come to the decision that the only responsible course of action for me is to part with my Runes* and move on to a more healthy hobby and life.
    My hubby and daughter deserves that, and so do I.

I do it with sadness because I have had great times with Pox and I was ecstatic to see DoG acquire it back from SoE. I would have loved to stay and be a further part of the revamp, but I cant do so in good consciousness if I want to keep my self respect and be the mother and wife I feel my family deserves.

I wish all of you the very best, both in the game and your lives. Even the silly sods who had the gall to disagree with me despite being wrong :rolleyes:

This will be my final post on the forum**.
    Take care of each other and remember to kill the living to gain new recruits :)

Hugs and love
    BansheeX

*Keeping my runes would be a potential temptation and I am a strong advocate of the Cold Turkey approach. I hope to find a good loving home for them soon :)
    ** Of any meaning. I´ll post on the trading forum to find a good new owner of my runes.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

you're a female?!?!?! wtfff i didnt think girls could play this game?

i admire your hard decision and determination to improve your life and change bad habits! I wish you the best of luck, courage, and serenity and hope that one day you can visit us with a healthier mindset and share your new hobbies with us or play a starter deck game or two.

3. BlakeAF

BlakeAF New Member

Hey I have seen you around on forums over the years. I was in a similar spot a long time ago, maybe 9-10 expansions back. All gamers have had to battle the balance of life and game. I came really close to selling my account and runes, but I decided that was the easy way out. It may make it easier at first, but it will be turning your back on the problem instead of conquering it. Like quitting smoking/drinking you can simply trash your stock, throw everything out, and try to move on, but I have found the real way to conquer it healthily and maybe have a chance in the future to partake in something you are passionate about in moderation is to keep it there and don't partake. This is how I finally quit smoking. I kept my pack of smokes in the kitchen drawer and I made myself deal with the fact that they were there and after a year I threw them out and I was finally free.

When I quit Pox forever ago I kept my runes and I didn't play for over a year. Then I decided to come back and pick up some random midterms, do some trading and culling, deleted all of my decks and started just building decks for fun in my free time. I learned to do it with moderation, never dropping more than $15 a month here and there. I think that this game has longevity and you should think really hard about just turning your back on temptation, and instead learning to take a healthy break and keep your runes. Keep your account, and give yourself 6 months away then come back and delete every deck you have. See where it takes you.

Like you, I mixed in Tennis (athletics), quit smoking, quit gaming so much, and added more real life social stuff and my life really balanced out and now I can enjoy everything in moderation (besides smoking haha).

Good luck though!!!!

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Good luck with your running. If you do sell your runes to a good home maybe look into biking as well as that can be really fun.

I wish you and your family much health and happiness.
    Take care.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

if its so hard to say goodbye why do you keep making goodbye threads? j/k

but here is some tough love for you banshee. don't sell your runes. all that will do is give you an excuse to hang on to them until you find the 'right' price. and as long as you have your runes... you haven't left pox behind. give them away. you'll be surprised at the good feeling it will generate in you. better than any other pox experience you've had ill bet.

and no, I don't mean give them to me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Best of luck!

7. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Bye Banshee, it's been good to have you with us.

8. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

You are awesome! Congrats on making the healthy spiritual choice.

9. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I don't really know you, but I have an incredible amount of respect for you after reading that post. I'm proud of you! Good luck with whatever you choose to pursue in the future. :)

10. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

My first reaction too :p

11. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

The forums will be a lot less fun, and informative for those newly undead, without you around. Warm wishes as you move along to the next phase of your life. :)

12. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

:( Bye Banshee. Mad respect.

Leadrz likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

we will miss you i hope someday you can comeback even for a while maybe a year from now

14. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

Read your post but then it just got freaky weird.Not saying its you but the similarities freaked me out.I met a female correctional officer many years ago,long story, but I kept reading your post then it said you had "a" (as in one) daughter then it kinda was weird.If next thing you post is you are from Canada or that your name is Tammy that would put the icing on the cake.Regardless good luck in your adventures and stuff.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sad to see you go, but it sounds like you're making the right decision.

Best of luck with your running!

16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Pix of the bikini?

:p

Really sad to see you go. I've seen you around for as long as I can remember and it always breaks my heart to see a great, dedicated poxer leave for good. You've givin a lot to the community and always approached situations with a level head, which is more than can be said for a large portion of the community. You will be missed and remembered.

Stay classy!

--PT

17. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

congrats good choice

Could you give me your runes? =)

18. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Good luck with life :)

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I wanted to say something but BlakeAF hit on the spot way better than I could.

Have a good life and see you later, there is allways time in our lives to come back to what we enjoy the most :) our game hobbies.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

agreed with newsbuff, being female is a bad habit

be well, bansh