Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So I managed to save 2k for the release tomorrow, I should be ok when the 5th wine is released.
    So far havent spent a dime, just playing every 3 days and weekends.
    Onto the title, Im genuinely excited about this. HS was in dire need of new cards, and this isnt even full release yet.
    Either way, Yay Naxx!

Pox players in HS:

1- @Jib : Jibtek#1948
    2- @Ragic : Ragic#1455
    3- @Legato : Legato#1322
    4- @Pedeguerra : WarFootLC#1284
    5- @Gaverion : Gaverion#1808
    6- @Scarebear : Scarebear#1351
    7- @SaintKiwi : KiwiKhan#1604
    8- @Tarth : Gramalian#1495
    9- @19madfox95 : Madfox#2136
    10- @ImDeath777 : ImDeath777#1200
    11- @doubtofbuddha : doubtlessone#1799
    12- @darklord48 : darklord48#1936

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Pedeguerra

Yeah, tell me about it. I feel this is going to have a much bigger impact in meta than people are giving it credit for.

3. Pedeguerra

That makes me a little happy, since Im at work for 4 more hours heheehe.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

patching right now omg

5. Pedeguerra

Oh no the horror of not being able to play right now OMG nooooooo.
    You should see HS forums ppl there are so crazy kkkkkk.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

aaaaand i'm already done with it

7. Pedeguerra

Jeeeez. Nerd.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

No a nerd would actually bother with Heroic. I took my cards and moved on.

To not playing Hearthstone.

Dagda likes this.
  9. Pedeguerra

People are saying Heroic is pretty tough. We´ll see.
    Do you get x2 of the cards you get there?
    Lastly, why dont you like HS?

10. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

I managed to play the first hero before the servers blew up. It was kinda easy but the hype was real. Guess I'll watch Trump if I can't log in.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah, you get 2x on the 3 stages, then you unlock the orange once you're done. You get 2 class challenges after, which are 2x unlocks as well.

Because I find it shallower than a rain puddle in the Sahara (STRONG IMAGING) since I play a lot of MtG. It's a fine product, slick as hell and super polished and a great choice for babby's first TCG/CCG/whateverCG but I "got" it fast. Way too fast. Like I was done with it before it got out of beta fast. In fact I think it's the 1st time I booted it up since the actual release.

I don't hate HS, it's just not for me.

Baskitkase and Pedeguerra like this.
  12. Pedeguerra

That was an awesome reply, thanks for all the info.
    Yeah, for hardcore MtG players I bet its not even worth touching. I was a Magic player myself back in the 90s (when I was 15, 16) with the physical card game. I never managed to get back, though, which is a shame. Magic will forever be the greatest game ever.
    Guess all problems will be sorted out when I get home, sweet.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I watched a HS tournament the other day. The guy that won basically just crutched on Ragnaros for the most part. Top decked it multiple times. His deck also made copies of the thing.

Yay for random elements on super powerful cards!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Randomness really makes this babbies first videogame. "On death: Your enemy deploys one of his champions from his deck." Whether its 1/1 or 8/8? Pure luck!

15. Pedeguerra

I think thats a good aspect of the game and one just have to deal with it. If you are playing a tourney, sure it sucks to loose to some random mechanic. But to a casual player like myself its all good.
    Either way, just played through the whole thing. The heroic bosses gave me a lot of trouble, but the chalange made it worth it.
    I have to be fair on one thing, though: Pox releases make me much more excited!
    Looking forward to some new cards.

Edit: there are some cards crazy strong, going to be cool to see the ner***e process.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

everything I dislike about tcg's HS seems to have, and yet its generous f2p model keeps me coming back for more.

you get 2x of several neutral cards and 1 legendary (generous!) for completing normal mode. you also unlock the rogue and druid class challenge which means you play one of the normal mode bosses with a premade deck (using some of the new cards) with those classes and get their new class cards. Seems a bit shady that only 2 classes get their new cards a week ahead of everyone else, but whatever.... F2P!!.

the heroic mode is like a silly side challenge with no reward. also, calling this thing a 'dungeon' was a bit misleading. At least in kings and legends their challenge tower felt like an actual tower, many levels, increasing difficulty. And calling them 'bosses' was also misleading. Boss makes me think I had to fight through several encounters in order to get to the boss fights.

tl/dr: each wing of the dungeon amounts 5 matches. and 3 optional ones. and you cant complete regular quests in there I believe so the replayability is zero. but it is a guaranteed legendary for 700 gold (when the next wings open up), so its a decent deal.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Magic is a more complex game than Hearthstone, but Magic is also a really terrible game. Random resources draws making or breaking a match is just the worst. Combined with a massively punishing mulligan system, it's super frustrating how often you don't actually get to play a game because you're just drawing land after land (or none at all). I'll take anything over that nonsense, even if it is too random to every be honestly competitive.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Results oriented. You remember those times a LOT more than all the times it went well. But I get it. It sucks when it happens.

Anyway, HS would be a great game if they actually gave me Bane Shift to do when it's not my turn. That combat system is way too Yugioh for me.

19. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

The amount of fun I have in a real game where both sides have a fair chance does not outweigh the frustration I feel in a poor game where winning or losing is entirely determined by draw ratios. And don't pretend it's all that uncommon.

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

learn to shuffle