Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I wanted to create an area to let everyone discuss and post about what issues the faction is currently facing. I want to discuss what people feel is too strong within the faction as well as what problems people have with various themes. This is also a place to discuss weaknesses within a specific theme or if there are any outstanding bugs (Dwarf Driven in Constructs for example). Please remember that the purpose of this thread is not to try and make IS as OP as possible to combat everyone else's OP stuff. The ultimate goal is balance so feel free to go to the other faction forums as well and post your views. I also welcome players from other factions to come air your concerns.

Example Post:

#1 - Constructs
    • Groble Rock Eater is too efficient. Currently he is run at 49 Nora
      • Drop Vulnerability: Acid from upgrade tree B
      • Add Tremor to upgrade tree B
      • Drop Calcify from upgrade tree A
      • Drop Resilient from upgrade tree A
      • Add Tough 1 and 2 to upgrade tree A
    • Ironfist Glider is also too cheap. Think it's mainly due to some under costed abilities.
    • Catapult and Siege Engine are pretty useless due to Dwarf Driven bug which limits Constructs ranged options.
    #2. - Tales of Valor
    • This one is off the top of my head but I believe it is capped at +8 Damage and +3 Def. Just drop the damage cap to +6 so that it gains +2 Damage and +1 def every 8 HP lost and has max effect after 24 HP is lost. Also needs the text on the spell updated so that people know what the heck it does.
    • Alternative Idea: Raise Cost to 30 - Almost every support spell in IS is 30-35 so some diversity is nice though at 25.
    #3. - Dwarven Sharpshooter (Cuz why not :p)
    • This guy is just asking to be moved into the "Drunk" theme. Just read the flavor text. I don't think he should become a brute or anything. Just that a few flavorful changes could push him towards people using him in their Carouse deck.
    • Hinder Movement removed from Base
    • Aim added to Base
    • Farshot 1,2,3 removed from upgrade tree B
    • Drunken added to upgrade tree B (Default)
    • Hidden: Stone added to upgrade tree B
    • Hidden: Arctic added to upgrade tree B
    #4. - Blink
    • Champion or Relic occupying the blinked champions space take 5 magic damage at the end of IS players turn.
    #5. - Hooligan
    • Sunder and Scour on a ranged champ is too strong.
    • Get rid of Sunder in favor of something neat but boring like Pace or Overkill. Splintering could be pretty cool and kind of makes sense considering he is throwing barrels.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Tarathil, Goyo, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Groble Rock Eater is clearly unbalanced .. or someone was on drugs :)

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Love the changes you are proposing, and I'll try to contribute with my suggestions too.

> Sharpshooter: Perfect changes, I'd love to see Sharpshooter getting Precision in some way; it would be needed in theme, and will honor his flavor text. I know we're trying to remove abilities from the game, but an ability like "Drunken: Precision" would be great.

> Drunken: Precision : While this champion is equipped with a Pale Brew, it gains Precision.
    Now you can have precision at will, but this comes with a drawback: if you shatter the equipment to receive the dmg buff from enraged, you lose precision.
    Maybe this could be redesigned and splashed in more champs, with different "Drunken:X" abilities. This followed by adding CD on Carouse to keep balance.

> Siege Engine: Remove Siege weapon, it's a vanilla design from when 7 max range was prohibitve.

> Bugs :
    - Complex Machine is still bugged.
    - Overlapping Boost auras result in champs getting neither boost from both auras.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just FYI the ability Aim provides a method of precision.

5. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Maybe i didn't express that sentence in the right way. What i meant is:
    "I love the change, because Aim gives Precision, that is much needed in theme. I'd love to see Sharpshooter getting precision in one or other way"

Then I talk about diffrerent Drunken:X abilities, but as a general racial in dwarves.

I can see some rage about aim + hidden:X on the same champ, as it would make him a troublesome rune.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

That change to tales of valor is not nearly enough dude

7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Why do you say that? It already grants less than half the stats that it did at release and conditionally at that. With the proposition it wouldn't grant more than 6 damage or 3 defense for a cost that is higher than both combined normally on a champ.

9. Ballballer

A spot 6 damage on any champ that has -24 hp for that price is nuts.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not many champs are left at -24 hp these days without being dead really soon. But perhaps you are right, I will give it more thought.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

my suggestion is to make dwarves drink less

this will make them realize the utter squalor they've been living in, the ugliness of the things they bed (not always dwarves, mind you), and the foulness of their brews. this in turn will create a much stronger and more prosperous IS going forward, if you can make it through the hungover months

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Most people assume that the dwarves brew their own alcohol. In reality they have no clue where the stuff comes from or how the cellar keeps stocking itself (Ever seen the magic fridge commercial? It's like that). What really happens is the other 7 factions sneak more beer in while the dwarves are passed out. The reason they do this is they are afraid what would happen if iS ever sobered up and decided to expand its territory.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

actually i just figured that if you guys were all hungover it would be a simple matter to set the whole place on fire and walk off

doesn't seem as sporting when you're dead drunk, somehow

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Warchief situation is still rather bland., also Inaugeration along with it. I would consider making these give more flavorful options rather then REND!!! come on. Tough is good just cuz its good but still bland and the other air thingy is wonky. Ill come back to edit some suggestions stuck at work.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Warcheif Inaugeration would be better if you could use it to inaugerate one of the other clans if blood is already on the target. Maybe even a special effect if you target a champ that already has all three.

16. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

You're allowing Ballballer to troll you. Also 4 nerfs and one lateral change? Not one suggestion of a buff? Surely there are a few runes in faction that you feel are under performing eh?

Sigh

17. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

I'd like to see Brubakers get a third brother (read: 3 in a deck). They are so fun but become too much of an unrecoverable liability when one dies.
    Brewmaster seems a bit expensive for what he does. Disease breath seems out of place on him but I guess it brings more to the IS-table than fire bomb. tro
    Rockforger is really cool but he needs to be useful outside of elemental/trolls. Any chance he could get synergy with other themes?
    I hate asking about Legendaries because they can be difficult to get, but Alchemist, Windfury and Geomancer could use some love.

Tarathil likes this.
  18. Muddled

Muddled Member

I want to say that grint bouncer needs to be nerfed and/or recosted. all the other trolls need a small Nora cut or small buff

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He makes a valid point and I welcome input from anyone. This is also only about a 4th of my full list I just grabbed several high visibility runes to use as an example. Every faction has runes that could use buffs and every faction has runes that are OP. OP runes effect everyone's day to day gameplay because they get used. Underpowered runes don't get used and will get buffed in turn.

Ballballer likes this.
  20. Ballballer

You are a joke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.