Alright team, we can only change 4 or 5 runes for SP this patch, who should we hit?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by reskk, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

CLAYDUDE ARE YOU THE GUY FROM THE SALTYTEETO STREAM

I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

BIGGEST

3. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

FAN

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh I am enjoying chasing champs along the map with them unable to put up any kind of resistance atm.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

CLAYDUDE SEE PREVIOUS POSTS BY ME TY

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

SP?

More like OP amirite?!!!~

7. Vorian

No. Just no. If you eant op, devilswrath is battle master with ud along with st.

8. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

He just started playing the ST bg, he was originally BM with UD. SP is OP btw, don't even try denying it. 69 Nora Klub without the bonus, pft, not OP.

9. Vorian

Yeh but not as op as ST with nokando, where you have to spend 8 ap to make a champ lose 4 ap. Neither are they as op as the underdepths, if SP is gonna get nerfed so is ST and UD so be careful what you wish for.

10. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I couldn't care less about UD or ST, I'm a faction hopper so I couldn't care less about what gets nerfed or buffed. Have you seen Ember Wasp/Borghas UD Bgs? It'd take Nohkhando in a few rounds. If anything needs to be changed, it's the costs of the SP champions, along with the faction bonus.

11. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

Scavenger, soul collection and dead eater is too much for this little guy, standing out of the battle without having any risk .

12. Vorian

Changing hyaenids has to be a priority. Face it sp is practically dead, even I am playing sl atm.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  13. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

FW has this. Is FW op?

14. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

How is SP dead? It's one of the top notch factions at the moment, so I'd love it if you enlightened me with your point of view on this.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Historically SP has always been strong but rarely played because it was boring.

16. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

sp has it too, is SP op? wait.......

17. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

It's not boring when you draw Lance, Dirge and Klub in the first three rounds, amirite?

18. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

wow I didn't expect someone to recognize me

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

BIGGEST

FAN

edit sign my boobs

20. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Lightning Elemental.

I think I've already said this, perhaps in this thread, even, but...

Lightning Elemental.

Right out of the gates, you are paying 12 nora for Elemental Fortitude (pffff) + Electricity Eater (another pffff). Neither are necessary on this unit. They don't fit its role, and yet they are pretty much the whole reason he's too expensive to run.

Replace Eater with Mobility, and drop Fortitude outright (from the game, IMO). 8 nora for -- basically, Boon of the Undead + Iron Will and highly situational Psychic protection.

Right there, you've dropped his cost to 83 down from 91 for a typical build.

Then, expand range to 2-5. 3-5 makes him useless, even if he gets Mobility back. He doesn't have the survivability to handle multiple foes at once, and yet range 3-5 + Bolt pretty much requires that scenario. It's ludicrous.

Basically, DOG took a balanced, fun, and staple unit for a theme, and they math-ed it into oblivion.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014