Geomancer

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by davre, Jul 26, 2014.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Is anybody else using this guy right now? And if not, why (aside from not having him since he's a legendary)?

This guy wrecks trees and does pretty well against UD as well. The price tag is a bit high but considering that he can take out 5 guys at once with a moderate nora investment he's well worth it. I've only played four games with him but he won all four of them, getting 2 disconnects and 2 chat rages.

Very strong include if you have access to him.

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I don't run him because I can't seem to find one. :(

3. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I have also thought about putting him in there due to the whole trees thing.
    The issue I've had with him is that people see it coming from a mile away, but I haven't run him since the revamp.

4. Zythraak

Then just trade him to me. :D

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have played this deck extensively and competitively at high levels. The loss of Swap was HUGE, I used multiple different units to center myself inside of enemy formations then swaped my geo in there.

It's still a good rune, and I guess that regular skilled opponents will leave you openings, but without swap and given the fact that Carouse doesnt give an AP, it just got a considerably harder to pull this off in a decent match-up.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Remember when FS was running the Jelly split deck? I loved it then, and when Moga were popular, and when boghoppers were popular, and now trees. It's a great rune vs summon/illusion spam, conjested areas or high champ count scenarios.

7. Zythraak

=( I can't find one!

8. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I didn't know he lost swap. That does make it trickier.
    Looks like he'd be good in split decks, ST for swaps and gales, possible in a Stealth deck that can get him hidden......*runs to have a play*

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Granted stealth might help but swap won't really. You never want to displace an enemy but rather locate to position in their center. Gflux is the best spell followed closely by strip.

It's also important to make sure that your deck can play a normal game. So pretty much the only abnormal part of my deck comp ends up being 2x Geo, 2x gflux and 2x strip.

10. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

pretty sure emarald wing has swap, bit pricey but still it could work

11. Zythraak

It does, also, if you deploy another unit with a sigil ability all units near emerald wing will gain teleport, so you could swap with geo, teleport him, then shockwave. :)

12. Dtail

Dtail The King of Potatoes

will need to try this it sounds pretty awesome.

p.s. your forum avatar still terrifies me;)

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That is an option, but that unit is very pricey just for swap. Typically, my first Geo explosion requires the use of at least a gflux but probably a gflux and strip.

With 4 units in range, thats 40 dmg to everyone, but with strip thats 52, which will kill most anyting.

So Early game you are looking at 4 vs 5 most likely because you've deployed an expensive Geo unit and you are saving 70 nora for the play.

Expecting to have also deployed an emerald wing by that time so that you can then deploy another champion on your shockwave play is not very realistic.

Lastly, the Emerald Wing would only be included for swap, and as I mentioned earlier, you'll find that the shockwave does not present itself as an opportunity in at least half your games.

If you are building a reckless deck completely around shockwave, then you'll find that you lose any game where you cannot successfully utilize shockwave.

To me, that is unacceptable.

14. Zythraak

Haha, good. ;) Sad spidey should be terrifying. Actually, he's not frowning, and that's not his mouth...just a marking...but we'll pretend he's sad. xD

15. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

A bit obvious but you can also try to leverage the pult and mobility granters like G charge, maca, grant: mobility on herder along with sweep and knockback to set it up. A good bit more work but they are not "only there for the trick" type runes. Instill panic to push a guy away also helps.

16. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

They should maybe have him synergize with Grintmaws since they are made of Earth.(Atleast I think they are)

17. Zythraak

That would be cool yeah. But not until I get myself some! Why are they so hard to find? :(

18. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Because people trade them in to the Poxbox, Poxbrothers etc. and they hoard that rune so that it jack up the price and demand for it. You stop the supply there is more demand. When demand is higher of course the price is higher.

That is just my theory.

19. Zythraak

But they're never in stock on PB...I will find them eventually!

20. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

What about catapulting the Geomancer? :eek: Is still Dwarf Driven bugged?