Initial Barbarian reaction

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Tarth, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ninoG

ninoG The King of Potatoes

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into barbarians, and would like your opinion and help over my champ selection:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjjCjhCjgCwQCgaCd1Ci5cy@

I mostly ignored warchief abilitys and went for a more beast oriented setup here. Fists and hawkmasters both have race: beast. Savage wolf seems to have great damage and survivability for the nora cost. I picked Herders over houndmasters for the boost beast + invigorate 2. Maybe houndmasters drive is better, but I don't know. Finaly I picked Veilwalkers and scarlet wings for alt damage, and wing are also race:beast. Vengeant Knights and Zedin are in there for no apparent reason, I just like them :)
    The bg seems a bit low on alt damage, but I have no idea what to put in it... Would this bg work? What can I do to improve it? Any help is welcome.

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huntress boar is alt damage now and also a beast. Terraformer is also a great alt damage champion.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  3. Tarth

Anyone have any feedback on the champions since I updated this last?

4. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

"Damage to Physical or explain how its fire. I really just don't get fire fists."

Fire shoots all over the place when Pitfighter attacks and his art shows a giant streak of flame following his punch.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

6. Tarth

Yes, Animation and Art perfectly explain why a Brute, who punches things with his fists, has fire damage type. +1 to you.

7. Tarth

Depends on how you want it to play and what you want to do with it.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Think of modules, for example, you want houndmaster alongside mounted kinsman, fist of bastion, hawkmaster, huntress and such.
    You want elite skirmisher alonside barbarian archer and veilwalker (for the defense reduction + rapid attack synergy)
    You want wild chieftain with bastion (for the ap gen)
    Do you get the idea? make something like a venn diagram of synergies (I do it mentally, but I guess you can use exel if you want) and the answer to what to run will be simpler.

9. GabrielQ

Pitfighters were sport fighters, maybe the fire on his fist was a trick/FX thing to make battles more appealing.

10. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

It's a world full of magic and zombies and mutant anteaters that play flutes. Maybe he's doing a Shoryuken thing and the sheer power of his anger is causing his fists to burst into flames.

Thbigchief likes this.
  11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- The flavor explanation would be he fights gladiator style and there have been movies depicting igniting hand wraps etc for dramatic effect. Being a human shouldnt limit design space but it does. ( voils are bats so they all have to fly right? Well that limits design space all the same and creates balance issues)

- I dont envy how creative you have to be to make sure humans have all the balance tools necessary without breaking too far from lore...but I guess we could have given the pit fighter a torch in his hand...but that's lame. How else so you give humans a melee fire attack? I could come up with better ways of course...but pit fighter isn't that bad of An attempt.

- Keeping too locked into fantasy vs reality is always a problem...draksar lord ring a bell "herp derp he should have flying cuz pic has wings!?" Otherwise all humans would have phys attacks and low defense (shirtless for life) unless they some fruity shaman/Druid .

P.s. Also then dwarves would all be fat slow lame units...oh wait they are (burn) lol..fantasy lore kudos!

12. Tarth

Ok, if you guys are seriously ok with the purely wtf logic of he has fire fists as a PITFIGHTER BRUTE then fine, its not up to me after all. We all know it was attack fire because he wanted it to be fire for derp alt damage and you all like it because it's good. Which is fine, but when it comes down to alt damage for humans its as simple as fire weapons ( even fire gauntlets as long as it makes sense) , class: shaman/mage/ magic whatever/ even paladin with the holy blade. Its the same for any race, other then dragons/mythical things, in that you need some type of magic to do well, magic or a weapon that has the right element. You don't have to be restricted by the real world, you just have to follow the rules you set up in your fantasy world. I.E. you don't see Zombies casting magic, punching fire and summoning witches, or Frog people flying around shooting lightning out of their butts.

Since it's not up to me what kind of ideas do you have for the humans of IS? What kind of changes would you like to see to existing runes to make them more playable or to help designs work better? How do you think the current line up works and what if anything do you like about them? Good synergy that you have found? Play style wise how are humans adding to existing themes and functioning mono racially if you want that?

13. Gaedel

Pitfighter looks like he has a prosthetic hand and could have a built-in flamethrower, but instead of the "thrower" it would be more like a "douser", where he douses his opponent in a flamable oil and sets it on fire.

14. Gaedel

Ok, so when you say "Humans of IS", do you mean the nine champions that includes Aria the Priestess, Charger Knight, Crusader, Inquisitor Isran, Inquisitor Magnus, Magnus the Fallen, Northern Cross Cardinal, Northern Cross Fanatic and Northern Cross Priestess? Or do you also mean the Barbarian "Humans" that aren't really humans, including Ironfist Inquisitor, which looks exactly like Inquisitor Isran except for different color armor, but is a Barbarian and not a Human, but does include Ironfist Inquisitor LE, which is a Human and not a Barbarian? I'm so confused.

Thbigchief likes this.
  15. GabrielQ

What I think of humans in IS is that making barbarian a race was a mistake.

16. Gaedel

How long as Barbarian been a race in Poxnora?

17. GabrielQ

an exclusive race then.

18. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Could try replacing the Vengeant Knights with Mounted Kinsman. Added beasts arent a terrible thing. Really useful against these horrible-jerk colossal decks. Or god forbid, add in a Renovator.

19. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

So can we get rid of Incite Rage or what

Regulate likes this.
  20. Tarth

Barbarians are humans. They are suppose to have the race tag and are in the process of re getting it back.