The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pipster, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Here we post music we like, find other people who like similar music, and introduce ourselves to different types of music! Here's some of mine:

I'll post more of my taste as the thread develops, but it would be nice to see some of your tastes. We all get to know each other just that little bit better through our musical tastes. I've always been a lover of some good oldies, but also appreciate a lot more modern music. The only reason I'm posting these is that it might be less likely you guys have heard of them? Or maybe you have.

And if you're feeling particularly talkative, you can discuss why you like the music you do!

I am very much looking forward to seeing the different kinds of tastes you boys and girls have.

(I looked for a similar thread for a few pages but couldn't see one, the most similar thread being TeaScholar's thread looking for fellow musicians which is different, just a little post-note)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Tarabostes likes this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

this my favourite of songs my fleetwood Mac Sir Paul Mccartney
    why:
    because the music is so calming and it makes me happy every time i hear song from both
    majority of song i listen to are from 70s to the 90s
    i don't really like some of the new artist

Tarabostes likes this.
  3. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Let's try to keep this alive for more than a few days.

4. Pipster

I'm a big fan of Fleetwood Mac and Mccartney, so I'm familiar with both of those. Great songs. My favourite by Fleetwood Mac is Go Your Own Way (I think it's also the most popular one?)

Never heard of any of those 3. The firstmost two remind of an even indier version of some of The Kooks songs. I like it.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. Pipster

You two have very fitting nicknames for liking metal, hehe. I hope I'm not being to generalising or stereotypical in saying that.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Here's an eclectic collection of tunes I've been digging lately:

Some Bass Music:

Some Grime:

Otherwise:

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

RACIST!!!

no but really, I just prefer metal and heavy listening over others. but I do enjoy plenty of other sounds.

Pipster likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I do listen to metal more than other stuff, but I have a wide variety of tastes.

IMAGIRL, Tarabostes and Pipster like this.
  11. Pipster

Hey, I got nothing against metal. I'm a big fan of SoaD myself (although a bit alternative, but still metal). Just making a remark.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The only thing I have a problem with is rap. You can't spell crap without rap.

There's only certain kinds of rap though. I have no problem with actual creative rap, but when you start mispronouncing words just to make them work in your song, then I start to dislike your music.

13. Pipster

??? <3

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Eminem I like.

This however is the destruction of the English language.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's a classic

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm with you dark, can't stand rap, but eminem is the only one I enjoy.

17. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Regarding classical music, I'm a huge sucker for Bach, especially sheets composed for cello and harpsichord. French suites are my favorite pieces:

And yeah, most rap is degenerated, I only like some local bands that don't sing in English anyway.

Also, anyone here listens to Math Rock? :p

Kampel and Griselbrand like this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Math Rock is cool. Love Giraffes? Giraffes!

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

20. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I hit random in my media player, and then found the songs on YT. Enjoy.

Tarabostes likes this.