Initial Barbarian reaction

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Tarth, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why would we? Im curious to hear how it is needed to be removed since its nerf to 5 instant ap.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Giving all IS Humans the Barb race is basically the same as giving all FS Firk the Boghopper race. Sure it makes for better synergy but there is a distinction between them.

3. Tarth

They had it from the start of the game.....till now.

4. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, let's get rid of a flavorful synergy ability that allows barbarians to playable at the moment and has already been nerfed.

Wtf?

5. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

I win lots of games without even deploying the Wild Chief. Barbs are strong even without Incite. I will agree that it is a cool and flavorful ability though. No idea why anyone would want to remove it. What we really need is a Barb with Unstoppable to make full use of it. Haha

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

But more humans are becoming barbarians. Didn't we just lose Charger Knight, Inquisitor Magnus and Magnus the Fallen to the barbarian crowd?

7. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

Just realized that Stone Clan also grants Unstoppable. Now there's a good Incite target, friends!

8. Tarth

You didn't lose them. Barbarians were always Humans from the very first day of Pox. Putting on a shirt doens't remove race just like being Drunk doesn't remove Dwarf or Darkmarsh dosn't keep them from being Boghoppers or not hugging trees doesn't remove race Elf.

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I really would love to see race: human, class barb. Vengeant Knight is the man right now, and i would love to use violent with humans. Plus i have wanted a good human bg since forever. My reasoning is selfish but it would allow more synergy I think.

10. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Agree.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Tarth

Bump plus edits because interests @Sokolov

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks!

13. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I don't feel like Ironfist Inquisitor and Magnus fit as barbarians, but Northern Cross Fanatic definitely does. I think that the distinction between Humans and Barbarians makes pretty much no sense in the theme of Poxnora. Are the Barbarians actually physically different, so they can't be called humans? Maybe they've got an extra liver, or six toes or something. This is made even more confusing by champions that ARE both Barbarian and Human. If what defines Barbarians is simply being born in a Sarnghaver tribe, and they become recognized as "humans" when they become paladins... how come Vengeant Knight isn't also Barbarian/Human? Why are the Wild Elf and Sarnghavian Centaur classified as Barbarians, as they're native to K'thir?

It really just feels sloppy and an unnecessary distinction to me. If Barbarian was a class, then it could still have a theme, just like Paladins, Wizards, Witches, etc..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    JaceDragon likes this.
  14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

This.