Dwlr's Sig Shoppe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

New forums figured I'd open up my old sig shop for awhile at least.

All Sigs and Avatars are completely free.
    You may donate if you'd like in-game name is dwlr007.

I looked around and I've not seen sig rules so please direct me to that thread if it's around, but until I actually see the rule thread I'm not going to make anything ridiculously sized.
    Rules
    1.Maximum size you can order is 500px wide by 200px tall
    2.I'll do animations up to 500kb as long as you have all the frames, I will not render animations so basically I'm limiting it to:
    • A video inside a static "frame"
    • Animated Sprites (Sprite sheets should have animation frames pre-rendered)
    • Simple animations
    Request Form
    1) Render/Image *max of 3* (I'll render reasonable images myself that's not problem)
    2) Text (What you want it to say)
    3) Font (If you have a specific font I can try to accommodate, but I'll only download fonts from sites I trust)
    4) Size (Keep it below the maximum) *200 by 200 for avatars*
    5) Style (If you have a specific look in mind feel free to describe it the best you can. If you provide an image of a sig in the style you want I'll try to replicate similar effects off another image, but I obviously can't make any guarantees so keep that in mind.)
    7) Border (I default to a widescreen style border if otherwise unspecified just to separate the image from the background where it's posted.)

**Warning** - When requesting it's important that you re-upload the resulting product on your own hosting site, I'd recommend avoiding sites like TinyPic that re-appropriate links so that your image isn't replaced with something you didn't intend. Imageshack went to a paid model, but Photobucket, Imgur, Flickr, etc are still free so there are still free models out there. I use Photobucket myself for various reasons, but filled requests will use TinyPic, so I will be deleting the images from my own posts eventually, you are more than welcome to continue using the TinyPic link, but you have been warned that it may be re-appropriated and I am not responsible if that happens.

When selecting an image to use for a sig I can't do much if the sig is cut off on both the left and right hand side, if an image is cut off on the left side I can put it on the left side using the edge of the canvas to cover the cut off side, if it's cut off on the right side I can do the same with the right side of the canvas, if the image is cut off on both sides I can't use the canvas to cover both sides. Certain images that have a lot of foreground objects like Mosharn pose a problem as the foreground objects need to be incorporated or a cover up must be viable. When using multiple renders renders the scales may be skewed, not all images are to the scale their intending as separate images are scaled within their own artwork you should keep this in mind when picking multiple renders. Additionally some images are larger than others using multiple images may result in crowding of the image so while I will try to cram 2 or 3 renders into an image a single render would be best. If the image is not viable I may add you to the queue as I don't look at the images before I'm ready to work on it, in this case there will be a post notifying you of the problems with your request when I reach it on the queue.

Queue

Filled Requests: 23

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    PharumM, TeaNinja and Geressen like this.
  2. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

My name should be on it somewhere, up to you.

Signature;

Render/Image: Bloodmane Ravager
    Text: Cloaked In Your Blood
    Font: http://gyazo.com/1bb987effa243ccb0f766fc68c261ccc or http://gyazo.com/b07d9c43a23e1dc6643f7ac0fd8a1034 it would be nice to have a little design or theme to the fonts, maybe soak parts of them in blood. 2D or 3D is up to you, whatever you think looks best. They don't have to necessarily be those fonts, I leave the decision to you.
    Size: 500 wide, 200 tall. If I read what you stated correctly.
    Style: Coincidentally, I found this on google http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/365/3/f/tiger_warrior_signature_by_pgndesign-d5pru18.png I'd like a theme as such if possible. Background being up to you, but I'd love the blood stains.
    Border: Something a little flame like? If not, the Default border works fine with me.

Leoss Magnate with my name on it somewhere. No text apart from my name. The fonts could be similar to the ones I provided, but again, up to you. Maybe add some glow to the magnate I guess. P.S I don't want just the head of Magnate to show, I want his whole body.

Also, if it's not too much to ask, can you send me the programs you use for signature making? I'm trying to get into it myself, but not for the makings of profit, I just grew a passion for it, and I'm pretty weak at it and striving to improve. I understand if you refuse to send me this information since most consider it a secret.

Thank you for your time. Good luck to you and the current signature/avatar making process.

3. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I'll get to work on it tonight I have some time today.

As for the avatar I think text will be pretty hard to read after the forum auto-resizes it. I'll see what I can do, but the current image on my avatar is the 20ox200 size it recommends and I'm starting to doubt that the avatars should be made so large due to resizing if you could upload a smaller image, but get the detail you want to show up instead. I haven't messed with it at all so I wouldn't know how varying sizes affect it at this point, but if a 96x96 image doesn't leave blank space or it doesn't resize based on browser or something the actual size would be better to use so when I finish the avatar keep that in mind.

The program I use most is Photoshop CS2, but I have Photoshop CS6 and GIMP installed as well. GIMP is free to download you can get it here: http://www.gimp.org/ Photoshop on the other hand can be a bit pricey, if you are going the Photoshop route though I personally find the higher versions of it offering extraneous things and some versions like CS3 and CS4 are just bad IMO. CS2 is my preference largely out of familiarity with it for a few years, but it can still do most things the more recent and much more pricey editions can albeit with more steps. Since you mentioned 3D CS2 lacks any built in 3D shape functionality where the more recent versions have it built in. I'd recommend sticking to GIMP personally if you use it enough you get use to the 3-panel layout and though it gets a bad rep for being inferior it really can do just about anything Photoshop can, but things are named differently, in different locations, and it doesn't support the already established add-ons for Photoshop simply because it's not Photoshop and that's the real stigma people have with I'd say. Photoshop users don't seem to like the fact that a free software is just as viable as their several hundred dollar software. I personally use GIMP for most of my animation work as I don't usually care for how it's done in Photoshop.
    ---
    Edit 1
    Did two versions one with the flame border one with default. I tried to keep to your sample off the net as much as I could, so I hope it's what you were looking for. For the font I found one that was dripping, it looked better when it was larger though. I can make a custom font, but the space for text was a bit limited for that.

Still working on your Avatar
    ------
    For you avatar I exaggerated the text size to incorporate the shrinkage, added a slight glow as for your request, and took the liberty to make the color match the sig so they go as a set. The lack of a border is because the forum adds a border that should work fine.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Monyx likes this.
  4. sonico

sonico New Member

5. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Render/Image - Pirahnid Tempest
    Text - Thats one Ugly Fish
    Font- nothing specific - im thinking brown and blue colors but honestly just whatever u think looks good
    size - 500 x 200
    style - maybe add something to the background so that its not so plain. up to you.
    border - can be anything that makes it look good. ive no expectations.

also would like my name on it somewhere - Monyx
    alot of it can be up to you - make it look good like something you would use personally - thanks ;)

also if it looks better than nexx's ill be happy...his looks pretty dope.

6. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

With Nora Beast being cut off on the left side I can only attempt to recreate the smudge on the one side and with Nora Beast being drawn as he is it's going to look like he's floating with half of him on the screen and half off. I'm happy to take a crack at it, but I can't imagine how it's going to turn out.
    If I don't get a response from Sonico I should be able to get to your request tonight.
    ----
    Edit
    My brother just got home and with him I got some bad news so my apologies, but these requests will have to be put on the back burner. I assure you I will get to them, but it may be a few days. Any future requests are welcome to post here as well and I'll add a queue to the first post to keep track of pending requests and so you can check the status of your requests. Once again my apologies for any inconveniences.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Monyx likes this.
  7. Monyx

sorry for your bad news. hope everything is ok. and no problem on the time it takes. ty

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Request Form
    1) Render/Image Fiorn/KF angel
    2) Text The Horn of K'thir beckons all who seek light
    3) Font Not really sure what type of font I'd like, but as far as style goes maybe something hand written-ish
    4) Size 500x200
    5) Style Looking for a darkwood scene, like a shadowy forest and two KF angels beside fiorn
    7) Border n/a

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Hope everything is going ok, get to it when you can :) thanks in advance!

10. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  11. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I'm back for awhile at least and am working on the sigs, thank you all for your patience.

12. Monyx

welcome back Dwlr! hope all is well with you.

13. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Wasn't sure what Nora looked like and kinda drew a blank on the text I have the editable saved to change the border and text around if needed.
    It's not the EXACT same thing as the example, but since the background in the example was a smudge of the render it's hard to get the same 'effect' with different renders. I was smudging Nora Beast and it just looked like a giant brownish black blob so I painted in the smudges and colored them in Nora Beast colors instead. I also hacked off one of his feet, it looked much cleaner to do so.

14. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

LOL that nora beast's face. badass

15. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Please remember to re-host images I do not have unlimited bandwidth or space for everybody on my account.

For Monyx I thought it'd look cool as a popout sig so I did one that way and will edit with the normal one is a bit.

Edit
    Full version

I don't know why, but I really enjoy white and red text on a dark blue, maybe I'm secretly patriotic or something, but with the text I fixed the grammar error in the request adding in the apostrophe, but I can change it back if it was intentional, other than that I placed emphasis on Ugly because that's how I imagined one would say it when speaking and other than that I chopped the whole background and made it custom watery type scene.

With 2 done and 2 to go I think I'll call it a night and get to the last two tomorrow. I'm definitely going to take a nap and see how I feel after that. Once again thank you for bearing with me and I hope to get caught up soon.

16. Monyx

lol no i didnt mean to leave the apostrophe out....thanks for fixing that and I LOVE IT!! the first one of course....popout looks great man! + 10 for shop.

17. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Okay for Karmavore there were some issues. The first issue and the main issue was space 3 renders on the canvas took up the majority of the canvas. The second issue was that all the renders were cut off so it forced the placement The left angel had to cover up the small cut off on Fiorn while both Angels had to be pushed to the edge to hide the fact that they would be cut off if moved over at all. The last issue resulted in the fog at the bottom which was to hide the fact that with the placement it looked as if the Angels were stabbing Fiorn. In the end I didn't render Fiorn since it's card already had the dark forest feel to it and I could use the natural colors, I had to cut the Angels for placement and get rid of the hand closest to Fiorn on each to avoid the stabbing appearance as mentioned, and finally I added some textures in the back so it didn't look quite so plain. The fog actually served as a nice opening for the lengthy text request and the font used was the closest thing I had to handwritten IMO.

Monyx likes this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

That's Firking beautiful man! I'll be putting that as my sig when I get home, thank you so much I'll also give you some exos have :)

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Really, really appreciate the work you did.

20. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

No prob.
    --
    And the last one on the queue, basically I just merged the images figured it was for the best since they're both peaks and had extra things going on around them.

Monyx likes this.