Guide to farm gold, Euan's Last Stand + Dailies

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by GabrielQ, Feb 27, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Introduction

This guide will be about Rushing the Euan's Last Stand campaign to get gold through repeating the same process mechanically as fast as we can.

Some things you need to know about earning gold by the means of defeating campaigns are the following: the gold income come from campaign specific bonus, general bonus and the time it takes to complete the campaign.

Euan's Last Stand campaign in particular grants a 25 gold bonus for defeating each one of the chapters as a specific bonus.

General bonus grants a fixed amount of gold for reaching the conditions in any game, be it a campaign or a ranked or unranked match against another player. The bonus we'll exploit in particular in this guide is "Epic Battle" wich grants 30 gold if both sides losed 10 or more chammpions, for some reason, the bonus counts units instead of champions and that means you can fullfil the conditions by killing your own relics, fact of importance as you will see.

The time gold depends on the difficulty of the campaign and the time you take on finishing the campaign, and it tops at 20 minutes, so, if you are taking more than 20 minutes to finish a chapter, you are losing gold.

The Rush Battlegroup:

Farming gold requires a special bg built with the intention to exploit the weakness of the AI and finish the episodes without risks. There are many variations of rush bg's but the most popular is the Solitary Garu shrine rush. The particular bg we will be using in this guide has the following components:

1x Solitary Garu: Champion used to rush the first 2 chapters and to beat the dailies.

1x Ember wasp: Champion used for the combination of flying + shadowspawn, used to rush the 3th and 4th chapter of the campaign

2x Protect the nest: used in conjuction with unstable powersource to fullfil the epic battle requirements by killing the eggs.

1x Demolish: Used to destroy the relic in first chapter

1x Unstable Powersource: used to destroy the eggs

1x Electrostaticificationized: Used to kill enemy champions in mass.

2x Acidic Gale: Used to kill priority targets.

1x Horrorific mutation: used to grant flight to the garu, horrific aura is useful to do the dailies

1x Time Slip: used to get to the shrine faster

2x Quicken: Used to kill shrines faster

2x Righteous deflection: used to keep the garu alive in chapter 1, useful in dailies

1x Tidemaster's Bandoleer: used to grant spot mobility

1x Havoc's Touch: spot damage increase

2x Obelisk of foresight: used to reveal runes faster, key rune in any rush/trick bg.

The rest are fillers, keep in mind that to be able to use the bg to play Euan's last stand, his avatar has to be of one of the wrath factions (SP,UD,SL,FW), so you have to have a majority of runes from a wrath faction or a tie with at least one of the factions being wrath and be sure to choose the correct avatar in the rune manager.

Here is the one I use:

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8dc9jS55s3Ws6TSys6@sjS6_S6US=S1FS7us1dSPS6gR2ur1pE1H

NOTE: You have to do the campaign in legendary difficulty or the method won't work

Sustitutions that can be made in case of hard to get runes:

Solitary Garu can be replaced with Thunderhoof (goldable)

Horrific aura can be replaced with blessing of Al'Mara or butterfly wings (goldable)

Havoc's touch can be replaced with Might of Ironfist or Blade of the snake (goldable)

Tidemaster's bandoleer can be replaced with macadamize or butterfly wings (again)

Unstable powersource can be replaced with a second demolish

HandOfTheKing likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

Rushing the Campaign:

Chapter 1: Woefully Overconfident

Turn1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks and use them. End turn.
    Turn 2: Use obelisks. End turn
    Turn 3: Use obelisks, deploy the Solitary Garu on the top place of the shrine deployment zone (36,4) see pic, cast horrific mutation and time slip on the garu, end turn.

[​IMG]
    Turn 4: Move the garu to (28,10) (it's the square just above the end of the font's rock terrain), demolish the relic from there. move the garu to (24,12) and hibernate. end turn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turn 5: End turn

Turn 6: Equip tidemaster's bandoleer, move the garu to engage the sharpshooter at the shrine, (careful with this, follow the images). cast righteous deflection on the garu.End turn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turn 7: Attack the shrine twice. Cast Electrostaticificationized on the griffin rider at your shrine and end turn, Keep in mind that pressing end turn while the spell is killing champions will speed up the process a lot.

[​IMG]
    Turn 8: End turn.
    Turn 9: Cast Protect the nest x2, and destroy the eggs with unstable powersource. Finish the shrine with the garu.
    You gain 30 gold for epic battle, 25 gold for bonus and gold for the time you take.

Second Chapter: ... Of ice and stone

Turn 1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks and use them. End turn.

Turn2: Use the obelisks. End turn

Turn3: Use the obelisks. Cast Electrostaticificationized on the groble near the font in (32,10). Deploy the garu to rush the shrine, cast horrific mutation and time slip. end turn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turn4: Move the garu towards the shrine, end turn.

Turn5: Protect the nest x2 and destroy them. Use havoc's touch and tap the shrine 4 times to destroy it using 2x quicken, Use tidemaster's bandoleer in case of being impeded to engage the shrine with 8 AP left.

Third Chapter: Breach at the Pass.

Turn 1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks at and and use them. end turn.

Turn 2: Use the obelisks. End turn

Turn 3: Use the obelisks. Cast Electrostaticificationized on the dwarven axe guard on (26,9) (lower one, see pic). Deploy ember wasp at (39,12) cast time slip. end turn.

[​IMG]
    Turn 4: Grab the six globes at the pass with the wasp, there is one path that do this, see the sequence. End turn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turn 5: Move the ember wasp to (19,8) and cast acidic gale on Gigantok, end turn.

[​IMG]
    Turn 6: Cast Protect the nest x 2 and destroy the eggs with unstable powersource. End turn.

Turn 7: Cast acidic gale on the colossus, the AI may cast impervious on it, if so, wait another turn.

Fourth Chapter: Euan's last stand

Turn 1: Scry with shrine, deploy both obelisks at and and use them. End turn.

Turn 2 Use the obelisks. End turn

Turn 3 Use the obelisks. End turn

Turn 4 End turn.

Turn 5 Cast Electrostaticificationized on the griffin rider. Deploy ember wasp in one of the bottom space of the shrine deployment zone and cast time slip. End turn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turn 6 Move the wasp towards euan grabbing globes, you can easily collect up to 140-145 nora. Cast protect the nest x2 and unstable powersource to destroy them, and get 5 nora if you are lacking some. Cast acidic gale on euan, killing him

Rockhopper likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

Alternative rush: Xulos engine

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c93c8dc9jc4nS55sys6_s6UsQS7uSPs18s6gR2ue1H + SP fillers to get SP bonus.

Chapter 1
    Turn 3: Use obelisks, Deploy unholy tomb
    Turn 4: Deploy the Solitary Garu on the top place of the shrine deployment zone (36,4) see pic, cast horrific mutation and time slip on the garu, end turn.
    Turn 5:Move the garu to cast acidic gale on the griffin rider and then move to (28,10) (it's the square just above the end of the font's rock terrain), demolish the relic from there. move the garu to (24,12) and hibernate. end turn.
    Turn 6: End turn
    Turn 7: Equip tidemaster's bandoleer, move the garu to engage the sharpshooter at the shrine, (careful with this, follow the images). cast righteous deflection on the garu. Deploy death harvester. End turn.
    Turn 8: Attack the shrine twice. end turn
    Turn 9: End turn.
    turn 10: scry with obelisks to kill them, cast necroweave and deploy xulos 8 times at least, grabbing his globes with the bird to get more nora. kill the shrine

Chapter 2
    Turn 3: Use obelisks, Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester. End turn
    Turn 4: Terminate the obelisks. End Turn
    Turn 5: Necroweave + xulos (8 deploys). Deploy garu to rush the shrine
    Turn 6: Horrific mutation and advance to the shrine
    Turn 7: engage the shrine
    Turn 8: Havoc's touch, tidemaster bandoleer and 2x quicken to kill the shrine.

Chapter 3: Breach at the Pass.

Turn 3: Use the obelisks. Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester (deploy him in a way he's able to go to the enemy's shrine once he got all xulo's globes). End turn
    Turn 4: finish the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 5: end turn
    Turn 6: end turn
    Turn 7: end turn
    Turn 8: Necroweave + 8 xulos, move the harvester towards opposing shrine. Cast time slip
    Turn 9: Move and acidic gale gigantok
    Turn 10: move and acidic gale the colossus.

Chapter 4:
    Turn 3: Use the obelisks. Deploy unholy tomb and death harvester (deploy him in a way he's able to go to euan once he got all xulo's globes) Cast shield on death harvester. End turn
    Turn 4: finish the obelisks. End turn
    Turn 5: Acidic gale the rider. End turn
    Turn 6: End turn
    Turn 7: End turn
    Turn 8: Necroweave + 8 Xulos (you'll need to grab one globe from a griffin rider to be able to do this). Cast time slip on the harvester.
    Turn 9: Move and gale Euan

Gold Accrual Rate:

Daily Campaigns:

To beat daily campaigns, you have to kill the shrine at all costs, ussually, with a combination of time slip, havoc's touch and quicken you can get to the shrine and one round it, carry in your bg runes that can help you to keep the garu alive, like righteous deflection, or horrific mutation or invisibility, to hide your champion without having to wait a turn due to hibernate. When you are facing boss campaigns, just ignore the boss and go for the shrine, and remember to wait at the edge of the FW deployment zone and buff your champion outside it before moving to attack the shrine. There is no reward for time in the daily campaigns, so do them as fast as you can.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Lushiris and Rockhopper like this.
  4. GabrielQ

Gedden promised a skynet like A.I. to crush your souls you farmers, but, untill that comes, you can continue enjoying your gold and this guide will be here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Spoiler - I am actually the AI bot :eek:

Edit - Thank you very much for posting up this guide! ^_^

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  6. Saruyan

Saruyan New Member

I tried this and electrostat thing didnt work.

7. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

Are there any other more efficient ways to farm, considering we have access to every campaign now?

EDIT: I can also confirm that electrostat is not working.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. GabrielQ

You can farm ignoring the epic battle achievement, that is, without electrotasticisdgbsogis, withour protect the nest and without unstable powersource, you'll need to add 1 or 2 recall (KF Spell) to cycle your acidics gales.
    It's complicated to say, you should check what fixed bonuses the other campaigns have, and check at what speed one can cycle the campaign to be sure, this bg template is more or less the fastest campaign finisher, as they include the best support for the best rusher and ways to work through the requirements for each mission in the most efficient way, so you can try the other campaigns with this bg and then tweak it.

9. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

Thank you very much for the reply. Is there a way to check the campaign bonuses without actually having to complete the campaign? If not, then i'll run through some of them and report back.

10. GabrielQ

I don't think there is an alternative way.

11. Saruyan

Saruyan New Member

this is pretty much what i ended up doing, i threw in some marsh songs to keep the nora flowing

GabrielQ likes this.
  12. Evilinge

Evilinge Well-Known Member

i am really wondering how different the gold for the same chapters in different runs is, for me it looks totally random.
    did 4 runs all exactly the same progression, no bonus just the gold for completing encounter and +25 and here is the gold.

Nr of run: CH1/CH2/CH3/CH4
    1: 105/85/125/85
    2: 145/65/125/45
    3: 85/85/105/65
    4: 65/85/325/45

the 325 is no typing error :D

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I think it's time spent on the campaign. I've gotten as high as 400 on the third one before.

14. Evilinge

but i didnt spent different time in the chapters, like i said everey run same progression, max 2 turns difference and all 4 done in 15 minutes

edit: ok just waited 20 minutes in the first chapter and got 425 gold so the 20 minutes thing works but i swear the runs before weren't 20 minutes

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  15. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

so gold from campagain depends on time spend? if u do campagain for 20+ min u get 400gold as reward?

16. Evilinge

yes, i get for every chapter 425 now as long as it where over 20 min.
    tried that in the dailys too, but there it seems it doesn't matter.

17. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

So now it does not matter what campagain to do , because u anyway need to spend 20+ min

18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

You get per minute gold compensation, but there are also flat bonuses that don't depend on how long it takes to complete.

19. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I got bored and came up with ways to get the 10x units lost without static- :p

My last 2 levels are Sacrificing Cyclops Nemesis and Garu Hunter's so the nemesis spawns and dies. To make sure I get enough enemy spawns I Blinkx2 them, Divinity's Touchx2 them, Cloak of Al'mara on an Afflicted Corpse to Resurrect one and Gravewatcher Reanimate one
    Also throwing in a Tomb so I can actually afford all that ^^

For the first 2 levels I am using Stitched Anathema, Grim Well and Cloak of Bones. Equipping the Bones on an enemy, making sure they can't get near due to Grim Well and Energy Thief and Repulse and when there's 10 Skeletons I Sever Summons :p

Not efficient. But was fun :)

GabrielQ likes this.
  20. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Does Dark Rising not work anymore..? That's what I used to use.