Problems in the post office (Mafia game) SCAM (town) wins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Aug 19, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Oh forgot Vote: st3ck

2. KingJad

Quite frankly I'd like to know what makes me mafia?

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Quite frankly, I don't know if you're mafia, but you have had little contribution until we hit a mafia, and you are going after the most convenient hit that most townies would be down with (me).

First day play has significantly stirred the pot, but perhaps I over stirred, i am still down for getting lynched, so everyone can see how town I am, but I did kind of put myself in a predicament where both mafia and town might be gunning for me, which I'm fine with. I just don't think I'm the best lynch for town, is all.

Unless my town play is really that bad, and we can't read between the lines enough.

But really, once we had a decent case for pipster, or started pushing hammer, you through out the suspicious of darklord (which I am too), but you were really the only one who didn't vote for pipster, that was still active around the time his hammer was comin down.

Afterwards, hammer for pip drops, you come out swinging at me. Seems sketch is all.

Still sifting through dags post, because I was suspicious of grey earlier, and he may still be a better vote than me or you, so we'll see.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I don't know whats happening...but dagda is trying to hard , clearly guilty of whatever :D

Dagda likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

st3ck, I just want to make sure I understand this, you think I'm suspect for suspecting you and for being the hammer vote. What do you have to say in defense of your rapid vote changes?

6. st3ck

I dunno really. Just kinda started shifting things around, and voted, and as I read and re-read the thread, came to different conclusions and changed my vote. It was also day one, there wasn't really alot to go off of, if anything, I started a lot of conversation, if only to start targeting me, at least more people started posting.

Not sure why I really have to defend changing my vote though, because it wasn't like there was any hammer threat any time I voted, nor was I the only one changing votes. Again, I'm down for the lynch, and at this point with all the attention, me getting lynched will at least refocus everyone back on the mafia.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I can't speak for anyone else, but changing your vote without hearing from anyone else since your previous vote is what seemed the most strange. No one else did that.

I agree with what you said about the limited info on day one.

8. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I apologize guys I haven't been really giving this game any attention. Work has been busy and I am not going to lie, I am cracked out on empire total war right now. The Austrian Empire is making moves.

Anyway while reading I saw dag asked me a direct question
    @Greysands22 would you be so kind as to quote the thing PT said that was "obvious truth" that got him voted for? just curious

Just seemed aggressive so threw a vote on st3ck to see what he'd do.

After that I kind of stopped participating. Pipster was already hammered by the time I looked at the thread again, Why throw a new vote in.

I'll do a better job of participating, the defeat of the ottoman empire is still gonna happen I can take some more time for poxmaf.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

dude, you should try europa universalis 4

believe

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

hard for me to do quotes and things on my phone, so I'll try to reference well.

Towards the end of day 1, I made a post saying that we need to wrap things up and get into agreement on someone. I gave some people who I thought were good options for that first kill. Pipster was one of these, and since my vote was on him already I decided to keep I there. That left him at 2 votes, with additional pressure because I was trying to induce a conclusion. It was at this point that pipster was at the most vulnerable, because the final three votes happened so fast and gave no one time to react.

pipster came back with no defense. Kingjad did howeever have something to say, and he was one of the three that I had mentioned in that post would be a good option. Kingjad's post tried to divert attention to someone who was shy-Ing the radar at the time: darklord. To me this seems like the closest thing to "backing up" of pipster that existed. Since pip was mafia, we know that he has at least one buddy and unless they were certain that I could carey the early wagon on him to a certain kill, you would think that there would be at least some sign of defense within the party... If not from pip himself then one of his cohorts.
    I am going to

Vote: @KingJad

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Here's a summary of Day 2 votes and voiced suspicion so far.
    KingJad voted for st3ck
    PurpleTop voted for KingJad
    Yelmo voted for Greysands22
    Dagda hasn't voiced suspicion
    Greysands22 hasn't voiced suspicion
    st3ck voiced suspicion of KingJad and darklord48
    darklord48 voiced suspicion of st3ck

12. st3ck

That's not entirely fair, I'm suspicious of everyone.

Top 3 are grey, dlord, and jad, however.

13. KingJad

Im curious about what you are talking about pls quote the post.

14. st3ck

This was posted just after purpletops post below, in which he makes no mention of dlord. So it seems to me that PT has a good take on this, and I kind of like his interpretation. This was a diversion while pip only had 2 votes.

So what do you say @KingJad, seems like PT might have a really good nose for finding mafia...?

15. KingJad

Ah ok maybe u forgot this post? I was simply getting all my thoughts out and was adding onto it in the post below.
    And also tbh I don't even remember that post(PT's post),but things happen.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sorry, I was referring to explicitly stated suspicion. I hope we're all suspicious of everyone.

17. PurpleTop

I'm not suspicious of myself

18. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

OK people are asking about suspicions. Here are mine:

PurpleTop- So far looking pretty town. Keen insight into pipster being mafia (pretty sure PT lead that wagon) I mean he's still PT so he could be mafia, but I am not voting for him right now.

darklord48- Scummy in that he's not really leading much discussion. Also seems a little defensive at times. Was the hammer so there is that.

st3ck- Jihad VT. Playing in a way that says come and kill me maf, hopefully town learns something from my death. Could be a mafia gambit or a valid tactic but I don't see any reason to vote on st3ck right now either.

Dagda- Could be mafia in that he's posting in ways that are helpful but maybe too helpful. Big post on page 4, huge recap on page 6. Doesn't want town to just blindly accept PT as town which I get...devils advocate and all or it could be more sinister.

KingJad- At this point right now I think KJ gets vote as most likely to be mafia. I feel PT and st3ck have a good read on the situation above. (bonus points for being right about pipster so if it isn't broke don't fix it) I'd also like to add the contradiction of KJ saying "Although I think the most active ppl would be mafia, because looking in at every mafia game everyone assumes mafia are lurkers when mafia are often those who lead the discussion." And then saying "suspicious of darklord, because he was very vocal trying to get ppl into conversation and now has flown completely off the radar."

Yelmo- Scummy for fluffiness of his posts. Also lurking a little. I know pot calling the kettle black. Maybe just busy or watching a lot of netflix.

So basically I'm suspicious of everybody for something. Except PT and st3ck seem to be 1:1 on killing mafia so I'm going to be a real gambler and bet the pass line and see if they crap out or we nail another maf.

Vote: KingJad.

I'm off to go finish kicking the ottomans out of Anatolia, while trying to convince Spain and France that my new emperor is a legitimate successor to the throne so they will reinstate our trade agreement.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@Greysands22 really though, europa universalis 4

look it up

back to the thread, though, since no one asked who i thought was suspect after my most recent bigpost (which, by the way, you really gotta hop on that-sharing information is all we got. me keeping my read is fine to a point, but yeah)

based on the votes, the read i had at the time was greys (and great timing on my part, right, given that he just posted about me. woo.) for my vote. now, part of the thing about this is that the method i used to get to this doesn't really pick up lurkers, as in i didn't really take them into consideration. but if y'all want i can give the reasoning for greys

now, i'm ok with jad in theory, but it's who greys is pushing for and i'm not sure how i feel about that.

going to drop a vote:greysands22 in the meanwhile, just to keep things competitive. i think jad has something like 3 right now, and i don't have a particular interest in setting him up to be hammered at the moment.

20. PurpleTop

WIll double check, methinks it's at JAd 2 and Grey 2..... assuming you want the above vote to count dagda. It was rather discrete