Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I can't be the only one who plays this regularly, can I? I wanted to make a thread so that we can talk about our character, tactics and what we enjoy about the game. It's so large and there is so much to do.... There is something for everyone!

I have it both for Xbox and for the computer. I am on my third total playthrough right now, first one on computer. Here is just so much to do with the mods that it's taking me forever. My current character is an argonian trained in sneak and illusion. I still play 2-3 hours every day.

anyone else playing ?

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

oh man yeah i have like this guy that's trained in like everything and i hit things

till they die

best tactics

BurnPyro and Alakhami like this.
  3. PurpleTop

I could just console kill things too, but that's no fun. Lrn 2 challunj, daggel.

But yeah eventually I will get all the perks, whether by genuine means or not, but I was just talking about what my character was trained in for the majority of the playthrough

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just started my first play through on computer ( never finished on xbox) and am rocking a Breton Battle Mage type who focuses on alteration magic. I have mods that add more spells, and im not sure if this is one of the new ones but I have this alteration spell that stores up to 3 buff type spells then casts them for free( you have to cast the spell, then the 3 you want to save for full price to set it, then it auto casts when you enter combat. I walk around with a 2 handed battle axe and heavy armor bashing peoples heads in. No sneaking, no clever combos, just raw battle mage power.

TeaNinja likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I actually just recently started my second character, after completing the game with my main (****in' finally!).

I'm kinda role-playing this character more as a traditional thief, just robbing everybody blind, sometimes getting caught, running from the guards, etc

I actually have to sneak my way into Solitude to do missions because I have a high enough bounty from constantly stealing their horses that they attack me on sight.

Also, I'm not fast traveling or waiting, ever. If I gotta get there: Walk or steal a horse. If I have to be where I am at a later time: Better find some Bane Shift to steal.

TeaNinja, IMAGIRL and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Stealth player, Brotherhood quests suit me perfectly, after that Got me thieves guild top tier stuff.
    along with a bit of quiet magic.
    i just 30x backstab to slaughter anything, or flank large groups of prey with arrows.

7. PurpleTop

that's hapened to me in a couple holds with my current sneak character, spieky. I find that generally you can go to a player home and dumpoff all your nice stolen things, then surrender to the guards. If you sheath your weapon in front of attacking guards, often they will stop attacking and will ask you to submit. Then just pay off your bounty.

I think after five murders worth of crime, or something, this might not work anymore however. Idk if you are at that point yet.

I love immersive armor and weapons mods. If you like new lands mods, you NEED to check out falskaar. Best mod in the game by far, and added over 10 hours of gamrplay for me. You get to go to this little island and save it from civil war... And it really isn't that little... About 30% the size of the full Skyrim map.

anyone played the dlc's? I've done all three. Plus falskaar is essentially another dlc.i have downloaded several player home mods, my favorite being Blue Bear Lodge. It's dope as Firk

I am role playing my character as a lizard who was abandoned and raise by woof elves; that is why I am good at stealth and archery. (illusion magic too for invisibility).

for this reason I downloaded two bosmer civilization mods: Elvenwood and Pinewood. Pinewood is a full city in the treees inhabited by bosmer and it has a nice player home. Elvenwood is essentially the same thing, just smaller and in a different location, and less populated.

I really have an unsafe amount of mods.... If you guys want suggestions or opinions on them feel free to ask! I have mods of all sorts

TeaNinja likes this.
  8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

My first guy was a nord theif in nightingale armor with dual swords that stole hp/stamina per hit. Was a fun guy with lots of sneak and charges.

9. PurpleTop

I have downloaded Assassin Creed armor for my sneak. Three color options: blur brown and white. Pretty fancy

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

See, yeah, I could do that, but would a realistic outlaw/thief do that? It can sometimes be more fun to just play around that kind of stuff.

11. PurpleTop

totally :p. Do you have the perk that allows you to take equippped weapons and arrmor? I always just strip the guards then just run

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

^^^ I'm just waiting till i can get that perk going. ima love it so much. (and dropping fear poison or (if its there havnt checked some frenzy poison)

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Hell yeah. I'm rocking twin Blade of Woe because of Misdirection. I'm always completely stripping people of valuables, oftentimes including their armor.

14. PurpleTop

get the mod that makes female nude bodies more real and more... Nude. It makes stripping armor so much more fun :p

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm playing on Xbox, can't be arsed to buy it for PC too

Edit: also, to clear up any possible confusion, I've been playing from release, when I said earlier that I completed the game with my main, I mean that I literally did everything (with the exception of never-ending quests and tasks and what-have-you).

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i only ever made the one char, i started in conjuration but i spent so long using the conjured bow (i'd conjure things to fight for me then snipe from the back) that i actually got 100 archery before 100 conjuration

i got to the point where i was basically a god, only melee hurts cause what is armor

17. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

I love Skyrim and got back into it a couple months ago.

It does have the problem that most games have however, that despite all the character customization, there really is only a set road to go down with skills and equipment. Meaning, if you use heavy armour, 9-10 times you will end the game with the same armour as most everyone else because there is a clear winner.

I found the second time around, I played by looks and not optimization. I find that I enjoyed the game much more this way. I also intentionally upgraded in weak areas to make the game more difficult and interesting. It's great that you CAN do this - but it is a shame that I need to.

Overall, the only game I enjoyed more was Fallout3 and I am anticipating how much better Fallout4 will be.

... I also have a secret weakness for Disgaea. I'm a levelwhore.

Dagda and PurpleTop like this.
  18. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I liked skyrim, a lot. But I found to many ways to break the game, which is kind of fun.for instance, pretty sure I have a battlemage style Breton, which at this point is above level 85 I'm fairly certain.

Anyhow, enchant armor with reduce cost, spam 1 mana spells of the class of your choice. Insanely fun, but once you hit that mark, all challage is gone. Haven't brought myself around to anymore characters as I spent a few hundred hours in it, and it didn't have quite the sandbox feel that Morrowind did.

The black hand missions (per usual) were pretty excellent and dark, with some weird twists. Probably my favorite overall mini series of quests in the game(especially since you'll get access to the gear you need to make the super assassin of sneaky 1 shot doom).

I didn't like that the npc children were not killable. They'd always come up to me and make fun of my balding Mage, so I'd smack them with my mace, and summon a few things. And the little Mut would scamper off calling for guards, which always thought "I" was in the wrong.

The the game started glitching. I have a dragon stuck about 2000 feet in the air doing 360 somersaults on repeat at about 5oo miles an hour. He lags out a good chunk of the northern part of the map.
    Mage guild was fun too, enjoyed those quests.

Didn't care for the rebellion quest line, especially considering I somehow managed to start both and complete the first chunk, now either side won't let me join. ********.

Needed more dragons. I don't really remember any close combat cave fighting of dragons, and that would have been truly epic.

Overall loved this game, but burnt myself out by breaking it too hard.

Then an attractive lady friend who also happened to be a closet giant nerd got me back into the PC version with all of her sweet upgraded graphics mods and anatomically correct naked sprites.

That was fun, but less so for skyrims sake .

19. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

First round i hardly saw dragons, second round i battled into the hundreds. I think it depends on the gameplay.

20. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Agreed with Chemical22, I haven't done any full play yet and have only done the main questline to get Fus Ro Dah shout unlocked.

Somehow I got about 5+ dragon souls for not even killing the dragons in the first play, but I guess city guards or who knows what killed them, when I was busy running away from them with Legendary difficulty.

Now in my fourth play (still haven't done main questline, because can't be bothered) and I have seen dragons only in their nests.