Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The wording of the spell makes it a bit difficult to be sure, but basically its not just the attack rebounding, its the champ with the RD on it that makes the attack back, hence why attacked based abilities trigger like war cry etc.

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

A discussion should still be had about it cuz they nerfed it down so that dots and punish specifically didn't trigger on the reflection when at one point they did. I have also noticed an occasional discrepancy in the amount of damage reflected. Like the def and toughness of the reflection unit was calculated against the incoming damage then what was reflected back was the remainder to be applied against the attackers def.

I think.... or I could have been miscalculating on the fly.

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Ive had my share of eyeopeners on this spell, its seems to be completely random how much dmg it does. But could it be changed to do what either the description says or could the description be changed? :p

4. sassquatch

Well it also used to be that if you had RD on a champ and attacked a unit with RD the damage would bounce back to you then back to the original target. It doesn't do that anymore either although I think that should still happen.

Needless to say I think the spell needs to be looked at for bugs.

Iskandak likes this.
  5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Any new information, Markoth? While you are at it, can you ask around if the other three split races have a voice?

I started a thread in the Split Faction forum here:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/split-faction-player-council.7426/

6. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

@Markoth pls write this down
    Leoss bugs:
    Leoss magnate - loyalti is not working on split runes
    Providence- if you equip unit while in defensive stance, barricade will not trigger.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I know I know....but still....come on. Loyalty needs a rework in general...but....man

8. sassquatch

but loyalty from regal presence is in a different category from basic loyalty tho....

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It was working when we created the ability. All you had to do to ensure its activation is have one connection of similar faction. It was first on Malandur which was straight forward. Then later it was put on Magnate.

We tested it with Hracken. Say you are playing an IS/ST bg. He's got IS and UD.

So play a IS ST Leoss and you're good.
    Play a Dwarven sarge and you're good.
    Play a lonx beast tamer and he loses loyalty.

10. sassquatch

actually magnate was the first to ever have the ability.... mandalur didn't get it till a shoebox buff round a bit later.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It was created for Malandur before the Magnate expansion. Unless I'm going completely bonkers, I recommended it be put on the Magnate when I recommended Magnate not go live with Dampen.

12. sassquatch

it may have been an idea for him but he wasn't originally released with it. he didn't ever actually get it till they buffed him when the mino's were released. half the reason I remember was people were crying that the magnate was op on release and that it was unfair that he got 2 new abilities when pretty much every other exo only got 1.

Anotherblackman likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Alright, sorry I have been AWOL the past few days my wife and I have been moving into a new place and it took me a few days to strong arm comcast into letting me self install my own hardware and not charge me for the "convenience". Long story short I have reliable internet at home again.

I havnt havnt seen the greens lately so I could be wrong but I would guess we have about a week and a half before next patch to hammer out what needs to be done. I am busy building bookshelves and hanging stuff for most the day but will check back tomorrow and start compiling a list.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Congrats on moving out the hood.

15. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Consecration healing for 8 and cleanse is too strong, considering so many IS champs are now paladins (that also wtf?). Also when knock backed on hallowed ground it heals again.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

From what I see, only about 3-4 champions gained Paladin (in IS).

I don't get why people only complain about Paladins, when it affects Shamans and Priests too. Do you guys just bunch Shamans and Priests into Paladins?

17. Flyingfinn

Well the main thing is, it is too efficient man

18. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Compared to what? Its a limited duration, class specific heal/cleanse. You have to build and play around it. The faction/theme strength and weaknesses would suggest that it is balanced asymmetrically.

19. Flyingfinn

What weaknesses does an IS meta deck have? 4 HP heal and cleanse would be a good start.

20. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The ability itself is not too efficient and was nerfed in the last patch. I can see why it is irritating though when you combine it with IS natural surviveability and Paldins rocking Command Dodge and Command Block champs, makes us super tough to kill, but its a 4 ap ability and the only champion its on worth running in meta now is Euan, Cardinal and Magnus are not worth it in either meta or paladin BGs imo. So its on 1 hero champ as a unique ability in most meta BG's, deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.