Film Maker

Share This Page

Haothehare

The King of Potatoes, Male, from Los Angeles

Haothehare was last seen:
Jan 3, 2018
    1. sodastar
      sodastar
      when are you free to do the tournament challenge?
  • About

Birthday:
    May 26
    Home Page:
    http://haolepus.wixsite.com/howzany
    Film Maker
    I've been playing Poxnora since Drums of War (when K'lzik first came out) when Octopi still owned the game and you could change the speed and nora cost and damage of your champions along with defense and other stats.

I hate SOE. They make money by ruining games. They've killed so many games by buying them and then introducing power creep so it becomes a pay to win situation where no one is having fun. I'm SO glad Poxnora is now no longer under SOE management. Anyone who has played through bullshit like Thirion with Hunter UD, or the Yeti Incident knows what I'm talking about.

I used to play this game very actively but due to SOE I ragequit this game like 5 or 6 times but certain runes in this game keep bringing me back... why? I love flavor! I love all things that are flavorful and interesting and also I love tactical turn based games and poxnora is one of the best if not the best. (Mordheim City of the Damned is something I made guides of recently, but Pox is still more complex and interesting)

I enjoy making flavorful and themed Battle Groups in this game and I don't like that there's a "meta" where certain runes are used on their own without any need for synergy. For me I believe that synergy should always trump or be better than random grab bag things thrown together. I think the solution to this "Meta" thing is to have themes that synergize and make each rune better than it is individually, such as how Salaman Hunter is stronger when his damage is pumped up by Salaman Appraiser.

I used to be a UD faction zealot... I still am in a way, but I have fallen in love with FS, ST, and FW as well. There was even a time I liked to play as the Paladins in IS, or the Kanen in SL/SP... but honestly it's because I love certain themes that are clean and crisp and seem to fit well together without being too overwhelming or overpowered. With that said, K'lzik will always be my one true love, and Deep Elves will always be the one theme I will always be extremely passionate about.

Finally... who made Salaman Hunter? Because you sir, you have made an FS fan out of me with that single rune... Salaman Hunter is my guilty pleasure when I cheat on UD.