Thanks for watching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I know things have been a bit quiet recently, so Gedden and Senshu decided it was time to do another Q&A to keep everybody in the loop and address any concerns people have.

We will be live on Twitch at 3pm PST (10pm GMT/UTC) If you are confused with timezones take a look at http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ this will help you convert to your own time.

Questions:

Steam Preview

1. From Axeraiser: Rune accessibility is still a problem, can you confirm whether or not Legendaries will be forgeable ? Too many of them are key runes and theme enablers to not make this happen.
    2. From Sepulcher: Can we give all base set runes free to every account so they can begin customizing decks immediately.
    3. From Sepulcher: Can we re-think the cash store for individual runes?
    4. From Ragic: NUX is not what gets new players addicted, it is opening packs and building new decks, how do you plan to address this so that the re-launch succeeds?
    5. From GabrielQ: Do you have specific plans about early rune acquisition for new players?
    6. From Nautilak: Can you talk us through your plans for a more comprehensive NUX?
    Artists

1. From GabrielQ: How do you feel about rune reskins? are they hard to make or there is an ethical concern involved?
    2. From GabrielQ: Are there some particular rune/map art and/or sprites that you feel that are not up to par with the Pox Nora quality?
    3. From Goyo: Have you been working on new sprites? Can we have a sneak peek at them? (ST, SL, FS please)
    4. From Kampel: Any work in progress to share with us? =P
    5. From ExiledTyrant: What rune do they feel is best represented by it's rune art?

Near future

1. From Grillado: When is the next patch and would it be possible to communicate whats planned better in future?
    2. From Multiple People: Any news on the hiring of new programmers or a new lead dev?
    3. From ThBigChief: Can you give us a rough idea of when the expansion is coming out?
    4. From Chickenpox2: Are you going to balance all the maps once you have completed redesigning maps?
    5. From Multiple People: Are you going to be changing the turn timer any time soon?
    Balance

1. From Regulate: Do you need to be a good player to be a good designer? If not, why not?
    2. From Kraska: How much do you consider the "flavor" of a champion when balancing a rune?
    3. From GabrielQ: Any plans to have a Faction Bonus review in the future?
    4. From Strings: What are you plans/thoughts on niche champ based counters? E.g. shatter/detection/anti summon/anti nora. Do you believe every faction/theme should have access to these (why)?
    Misc

1. From Multiple people: We want more detail about plans for changes to single player mode
    2. From Moles1909: Do you think that you have communicated enough with the community recently (outside of Q&A's) - Do you think the drop in active players could be something to do with the lack of communication?
    3. From Fikule: any update on making spell casting and other combat log related action more obvious? In an ideal world you would only check the combat log if you weren't paying attention, not because the information was never presented
    4. From Morfeas: Would you be willing to ask the community for ACTUAL help (not council/advice stuff, actual "work" by the community)?
    5. From ThBigChief: What are you plans for revenue ? Expansions only, drafting options? or Mid - term continuations ? Cosmetic aesthetics (skins, taunts, optional art etc)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    SaintKiwi, Kampel and Woffleet like this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Will heroes and ability costing in general be adjusted in the next patch?

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

To the artists: What is your caffeine delivery mechanism? Coffee or something more intricate?

To the devs: Any chance for more balance patches once the technical problems are sorted out?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

What is your response to the claims that you lack the knowledge or the skill to make final balance decisions on this game?
    Essentially: Do you need to be a good player to be a good designer? If not, why not?

XFurionsX, Sunutsu, Goyo and 5 others like this.
  5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Question to the Devs: Will you buy my runes?
    Question to the Artists: Will you buy my runes?
    #Advertising

Dagda likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i know patches are important at this point but what is situation of ronin and the new campaign that was leaked is there a approximate date you can give to when its going to be released (please if possible give a fixed date)

To both gedden and the artists
    1) What is the progress on the fw plains ( preview by liquin_3rd) and other maps can we expect one within 2-4 patches?
    2) Are you going to balance all the maps once you have completed redesigning maps?
    3) Whats is your view on reverting lim LOTC sprite after releasing of ronin

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    Sunutsu likes this.
  7. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

What are you plans/thoughts on niche champ based counters? E.g. shatter/detection/anti summon/anti nora.

Do you believe every faction should have access to these (why)? How about every theme?

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- What are you plans for revenue ? Expansions only, drafting options? or Mid - term continuations ? Cosmetic aesthetics (skins, taunts, optional art etc)

P.s. When is expansion coming out?

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Do you have any ideas on how to implement full faction ladders without creating a separate game mode?

Woffleet likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

We've heard that "it takes time" and that's all well and good. How long till the game is playable? Or will you just change stuff every so often till a) no one is left or b) the game is playable and enjoyable?

Sunutsu, Etherielin, Goyo and 3 others like this.
  11. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

The million dollar question. Defiantly +1 for this.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How low does the playerbase have to drop until you hire someone to balance for you with a clue?
    What does it take to get thenidhogg on the council?
    What's your favorite type of jello.

Sunutsu likes this.
  13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Who would they hire?

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

burnpyro

Sunutsu and BurnPyro like this.
  15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

#kingofsarcasm

Sunutsu and BurnPyro like this.
  16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

"Proffesional game balancer"

XFurionsX, Sunutsu and BurnPyro like this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

When are you going to remove the council in this format and start leaving the balance to 2 or 3 people you trust? If you are not doing it, can you buy my runes back from me? Thanks.

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

@Sealer0 They could always try to hire Krebmart. He did a relatively good job as a green in the little time he had, besides the Dev hosted livestream matches/tourneys would be a great addition to see back in pox

Sealer0 likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed 100%.
    Apparently, though, its cheaper to leave balance choices to people who have 0 experience at it.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I suppose I had better ask about the turn timers again...

Sunutsu, IMAGIRL, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.