Runes, Runes, Runes....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Sep 4, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There are a lot of Runes. Does the rune dock need to be expanded. Shortened? Left the same? My personal vote is for +2 to the current rune dock for (32)

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Left the same.

Leadrz, Sirius, Sunutsu and 1 other person like this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Sirius likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't see the point in added 2 more slots. It would honestly boil down to the same autoincludes + 2 more runes becoming auto

5. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

I always liked how it originally was with the 20 runes I believe

chickenpox2 and Faust like this.
  6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I personally believe 30 is a really good number and should be the standard.
    Though, it would be interesting to have a game mode called Classic where you use 20 runes. (Maybe only allowed Core set runes for it too?)

Leadrz, Lauremoon, Kampel and 2 others like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Love this idea. Classic Mode.

Grillado likes this.
  8. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

Maybe a mode where you use all the runes you have for total randomness xD

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

why not a game type with a ton of space for a bg and a big map where you can have an all out war with your runes? I'd like to see it be a game with no spells but only champs and equips where you auto have everything drawn with a high rate of nora.

10. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think adding variant game modes and formats, including those that vary battle group size, would be very good for the game.

But I think as is that if you lowered rune docks it could make certain Battlegroups too consistent and cause counters to take up too much space.

Personally I would like to see it increased. That would justify using some of the 'almost there ' runes, allow more synergy and cause scrying effects on cards to have a better incentive be to used than they do now.

11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have seen similar CCGs where you run 30+. You can have the minimum of 30 or can use more, if you want. Most people still limited their deck to 30 so they can control more of what might get drawn, but having an option to include more would be fun.

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yu-Gi-Oh! Has 40 min, goes up to 60. Most decks take 40, although in some burn-heavy decks you should take more.

And everyone should have played Shaddoll/Wights/Lightsworn/Magical Merchant at least once. Its ... different.

soulmilk likes this.
  13. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

SOE has/had the online Everquest CCG and the online Star Wars Galaxies CCG (defunct) that allowed more than the minimum.

14. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Idea