How much would you buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 11, 2014.

?

At which price point would you buy more than one box a month ($/box)

1. $10

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. $15

19 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. $20 (~current core price)

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. $25

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. $30 (~current extended price)

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. $40 (current expansion price)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. I wouldn't

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

So the question here is linked to another thread. I see alot of opinion throwing but in the real world when we meet this kind of question the answer often needs to involve some statistics which is generally acquired via some polling. So here's an attempt to put some fashion of objectiveness into the discussion.

I recognize that this is limited by the relatively small size of the Pox Nora player base.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Though… what people say and what they actually do… are usually fairly different.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

True, but I feel like it allows for some kind of ball park. Hopefully people can be at least vaguely honest with themselves. These things are often taken with a grain of salt if you're doing it right.

4. Boss

Boss Member

Majority will definitely win!

5. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

I'm on a pretty limited budget currently, which definitely decides what I would pay.

If it was $10 a box? I'd definitely buy a few, but at the same time I feel that's too low for the expansion set. The current prices should be lower, but I understand that no matter how cool DoG is, they still have to make money if we want to see new stuff.

6. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i think with the current amount of legends in boxes......$25 - 30 is a good price per box.

$2.50 per pack and some ppl are getting 5 legends per box.....i honestly dont think this is too high at all.....if it were lowered any i think $25 would be fine

7. Boss

Boss Member

lol 5 Leg? whos the luckiest guy? even exo hardly to get pass 4.

8. Monyx

check out The Best's thread entitled "God Box" many ppl have posted getting 3+ legends.

9. Monyx

i think a new expansion could be 30/box - extended could be 25/box - and core could be 15/box - this is if they plan to sometimes include double credits with purchase.....if no double credits ever i think maybe lower each one another 5 dollars.

10. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

I'll buy 2-4 boxes per expansion.

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I cant vote for a monthly purchase since i buy at release time.
    Usually I will get 1-2 boxes and in very rare instances a third(depending on luck of the draw and whether or not there are Exotics from anytihng but FW I want to get)

With that in mind 15$ is the price I feel is reasonable for me to part with pr. box.

12. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Keep in mind that opening a core box is like spending 10 dollars on a scratch ticket & being parented to get win 1 dollar. There's a safety net, but it's still incredibly luck based, and 10$ is an expensive scratch ticket.

SOE was too keen on selling to a niche market, and as a result they made the game accessible only to people within that niche. If Pox Nora is to attract new players, and it can, then it has to be cheaper to buy into the game.

20$ for a box set? That's a joke, right? Start from 10$ and work down from there. The cheaper they are, the more easily people can internally rationalize the expenditure. I would personally consider buying a core box at 8$

I don't mean this to apply to Box sets for the most recent, or 2 most recent expansions. Those box sets have a much smaller pool, and so it will be much easier to find what you want.

P.S. People still think that "extended" refers to the middle tier, and that "core" refers to the oldest runes. You're names are bad DOG & you should feel bad.

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

You didn't mention WHAT box.

14. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Its hard to say since I bought at releases. Typically if I had tripple cash saved I would buy 3 boxes once in a while 4. ($30-40). Legendary's releases I would buy 5-9 ($15-27) Sometimes more if soe would sale on the packs themselves.

If I did not have cash from a triple sale, or a much smaller pool from double cash in a pinch I would not buy.

One of the things that killed me was the cap on triple cash I wolud have definitely bout more at those prices but I had to save enough for 6 months of purchasing.

Also I funneled money into ebay if boxes were cheap I and with the rune forge I shouldn't need to spend there anymore. ( aka it goes to Dog)

15. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

I wouldn't since the runeforge doesn't allow me to use my last expansion extra runes -_-
    Just allow us to and use a differet token for last expansion in the runeforge...
    Poxbox was my only option before. It would be the same now. I won't invest in this and lose my time anymore.

16. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Core has next to nothing inside, a box can contain only banners and diplomats? I'd say $10 tops for that one.
    Extended, as said, has so many runes it's pretty much a gamble. $15 tops.
    New expansion $20.

By tops I mean even at $5 for core...who would buy that? At $10 for extended? Many people would buy many boxes. Undecided on new expansion.

17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of Core/Extended/Latest being 10/15/20.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

15 seems reasonable

19. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

Would like to state that if 100 owl points is 1 dollar, the core set is only 14 dollars, and the extended set is only 28.

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I thought it was obvious that I talked about newest released boxes. I have no need for old releases.