Single player THANK YOU Owls!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaedel, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

The changes and additions to Single Player is very exciting news! I can't wait to try out the Skirmish! Question, how will the UI determine what opposing deck to use?

"This mode allows you to use your own deck to battle against an AI opponent who will be using the decks of other players."

Will it remember opposing decks from other Skirmishes and randomly choose one? Will it use decks from Ranked games? Will it use decks from only the top x (such as top 100) players? Just curious how it will decide.

Your willingness to satisfy both the single player and pvp community is very much appreciated!

Sunutsu, Sirius, jeeperz2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Hey!

Basically there is a fair amount of "voodoo" going on. Suffice to say that the bot server will maintain a list of eligible decks from players who have been winning matches (both PvE and PvP) as well as all the public decks. The decks to choose from will be narrowed down by the faction chosen (if any) by the player.

The bot decks is then randomly selected from this eligible list.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

pfft no AI will play like me, it can try to use my deck all it wants though.

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Yay playing vs cheating bots in SP! Cant wait for them to fireblast their own shrine randomly like in campaign.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i wonder if any of my bgs are in the ui since i spend alot on time in campaigns

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

o
    or even use sacrifice on their boss rune it pretty hilarious

7. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

What's that?

8. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Sealer0 likes this.
  9. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Have there been any major improvements to the ai? Player made decks aside the bot will just run around trying to cap fonts and avoid any combat until they are all caped or contested.