First ranked win

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxbrothers, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not give a core set pack for the first ranked win a day (with at least 10min played).
    And after one week in a row of doing this grant them a "special core set pack" guaranteed of including an Exotic.

Would it make core set runes lose their perceived value by quite a bit, yes, sure.
    But let's be real here, the money for DOG comes from extended set and the latest expansion.
    Core set runes would be the way to get new people hooked, they get the experience of opening packs, of changing their BG with the new options they have, giving new players that sense of progression we currently don't have. It might be a great incentive for new players that come in from the steam release (as for older players), to try and play daily.

Yes, people will abuse the system and farm core set packs with alt accounts, but that doesn't really matter if we agree on the fact that core set runes would simply be pure free to play material.

TL;DR: Give core set packs away easily as rewards.

Sincerely,

Josh753

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What I've come to realize is that both SoE and DoG are either A) not paying attention to threads like this or B) do not like giving away "free" stuff.

claydude5 and Grillado like this.
  3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I agree wholeheartedly. Price of core set packs and any exos within those expansions will dwindle. More people will be able to play competitively. More players.

And yea, its like giving a lil kid a cigarette joint, and not giving them the whole pack

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- A pack for one game is too much . But an old crusty pack giveaway is not out of line just make it require a lil more game time to earn imo

5. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

actually I think 1 pack per day would be just great - I would definitely play every day just for the sake of opening packs xD (opening packs is just pure fun)

Sharding would have to be adjusted tough

Poxbrothers likes this.
  6. Thbigchief

- I think free ice cream is great ... what are we talking about again?

7. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Sharding wouldn't have to change at all (Unless core got cheaper, ftw). Just add a daily 'match counter.' First three matches played with some arbitrary time qualifier gets you a pack.

One pack for three games played (win or loss) would have HS beat for at least the first three games. (You only get a miserable 10g there per three wins)

8. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's not really like that, it's more like handing out gadgets to draw someone in and to eventually make him sign a new contract for something.

Sincerely,

Josh753

9. Thbigchief

- I'm more interested in getting a chance at a free game for playing the pinball game. Differential and no -differential reinforcement paired together is best. Sometimes get something good random ....and a good thing 100% of time for completing X

10. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Man has a point +1...Well said sir