Poxinomics- Forgable legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That will never happen

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

unattainable runes such as: tusk, baby furball, Haunting Spirit will become more unattainable. Hopefully those runes listed and similar runes gain legs options. (Harbs, cough cough.)

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I didn't know people actually wanted to run Baby Furballs lol

4. OriginalG1

i have wanted a baby furball for so long. looks super efficient, but I have never had a chance to use him. Love to see the cool down on a 30 nora furball though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

If other lim can get leg vesion of bloodguard is released

6. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

The cooldown is even better as you would imagine, since it goes immediatly on cooldown when the baby transforms, so you dont need to wait for it to die.

Anyway on topic:
    What is the difference between gaining shards each game or gaining gold, buying a box and sharding the runes in it? Id prefer getting gold each game above shards, since then I cna also choose to buy other stuff as shard, for example campaigns, avatars etc.

Entrepidus likes this.
  7. chickenpox2

no what im saying is we get both gold and shards just that we get 5 shards per game + whatever gold we get exept shard will have limits (you can only 100 shard a day )
    that way new players can expand the bg faster everyday you can get 1 rune if you are bored you can get box with gold and take a chance on getting high ranking
    only problem with this is cost of all the other runes will go up
    example
    common/uncommon -150-200 shards
    rares -400-600 shards
    exotics - 800-1000 shards
    lengendaries-
    angels and lower costing legs - 1250 -1500 shards
    150ks - 2000-2500 shards

That is if it is 100 shards a day these will probably be the adjusted shard price but i still think its worth it cause it will take approximtly 1-1.5 months to get 1 korona or coragh leg before 150k would take up to 2 months to make (and thats after you played like 4-6 hours a day )

8. chickenpox2

@Senshu if your reading this i would like your opinion

9. OriginalG1

Lol, that is so op. Ya. I am over just a lucky few having runes like these, either that or trading away a collection for one. Babyfurball needs have a foragable leg so at least player have access to it. Same with tusk, boghopper zombie, haunting spirit, harbs, etcetera.

Maybe a new player wants cheep meat in his beast bg (tusk, baby furball), wants to play spirits (haunting spirit), would like to have a harb in his archer bg. The people that hoard these runes have no interest in trading them, unless they are desperate, they use them and would not consider trading them, or would trade them for money off site. I would rather save up a lot of shard points to get one of the rare LE's turned leg then give someone a collection of really awesome, versatile stuff trying to match the rarity of a rune in trade.

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I came here thinking that this would be talk about Hugonomics and his scams/alien videos and then I realise it's a reasonable discussion?!? Well, this gave me my fair share of sadness for the day.

Sunutsu and KingJad like this.
  11. chickenpox2

lol...
    i really want to know what higher ranking players think about what you think about this do you think it will be good or bad for advancement of pox
    this my suggestion
    that way new players can expand the bg faster everyday you can get 1 rune if you are bored you can get box with gold and take a chance on getting high ranking
    only problem with this is cost of all the other runes will go up
    example
    common/uncommon -150-200 shards
    rares -400-600 shards
    exotics - 800-1000 shards
    lengendaries-
    angels and lower costing legs - 1250 -1500 shards
    150ks - 2000-2500 shards

That is if it is 100 shards a day these will probably be the adjusted shard price but i still think its worth it cause it will take approximtly 1-1.5 months to get 1 korona or coragh leg before 150k would take up to 2 months to make (and thats after you played like 4-6 hours a day )

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I hope that adding legs to the forge will cause their cash value to drop to the point where it is no longer worth it to run a player store. I hope poxbox closes up shop. I hope that the outcry about how crappy trading is causes DoG to consider the possibility of no trading at all which would lead to lower prices in the forge, which would lead to more players playing pox.

Sunutsu and chickenpox2 like this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't care how much they devalue runes, if it means the game keeps going, my runes will still be worth more than the 0 when the servers shutdown.

Sunutsu and Greysands22 like this.
  14. chickenpox2

what you guys think about having shards reward for every game?
    look at my last post ^^

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

On its own it's not a good a idea, but combined with your increased shard costs it becomes a truly depressing one. It directly contradicts your stated goal for adding shard rewards to games by drasticly decreasing the rate at which you can acquire lower rarity runes. 20 games a day to reach your 100 shard cap is ludicrous and the way you speak about what would happen by rewarding players with shards tells me you both don't really understand economics and aren't grasping the current problems with rune accessibility.

Knocking 15-30 days off a 60+ day grind for one rune (your words, not mine as this, too, is inaccurate) does not change the fact that it is still a painful grind, especially with the number of games per day you seem to expect newer players to endure.

KingJad likes this.
  16. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Instead of every game having shard rewards, why not give rewards for daily achievements?
    Play 10 games
    Play 3 games with prot/wrath
    Kill 5 champs

Then make some weekly achievements for better rewards, and voila: you have a system that is capped, meaning that no one will be able to farm the hell, and with clear goals.

Also, I think shards should be streamlined into gold. That's rather personal, but I am an adept of the keep it simple philosophy.

Entrepidus likes this.
  17. Ragic

how about a reward for every 5 games in a row you DONT play a split deck.

KingJad likes this.
  18. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'm assuming this isn't a serious suggestion, but on the off chance that it is, it's misguided at best. I can understand wanting to balance FF vs SF BGs, but actively punishing players for choosing to play SF is the wrong way to go about achieving it. SF BGs are often the easiest to screw up because the factions you're mixing usually aren't designed for immediate synergy. Most things in a FF BG were designed for use with other runes from that faction allowing poorly made FF BGs to fare slightly better than similarly composed SF BGs.

I'd sooner see faction bonuses reworked (as most agree) and in-game bonuses/penalties be applied for FF/SF BGs. Rewarding FF players with stuff just for picking FF over SF is silly at best and will lead to an increased appearance of the word "zealot" at worst. I play every faction and every possible SF combination. If a change like this were to make its way into the game, I'd actively push for its removal and consider quitting if it stayed.

19. Ragic

ill take the loss of one split deck tcg player if it means the return of the 100's of FF strategy gamers who have already quit because of split deck nonsense.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just an FYI, Senshu stated in the game chat today that "You guys (we) are all jumping the gun on the whole legendary forge-able idea".

He pretty much said that it has been "okayed" or green lighted, but they aren't focusing on that. He doesn't have set prices yet either.