Discussion: Preview of Steam Release and Ronin Expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Sep 4, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about asian countries?

19madfox95 likes this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

wut?

3. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

LOL, I saw myself in the unranked lobby. How this game has changed!

4. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Asia does not exist. It's a myth.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

America wishes Asia does't exist they too intimidated by it

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Everybody will, I absolutely guarantee, get theirs. Meaning the SOBs running Asia AND the SOBs running EE.UU. Karma.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

First of all I asked Gedden that question so the response is not attributed to the right person. Second, Gedden was speaking in approximation but it may have been a little over exaggerated as to how close, but it is soon. To this point if we were to hold the Steam release until everything all players believe critical were resolved then it could take an indefinite amount of time. There will always be some sort of issue that will come up. We the team wouldn't even be considering this if the game wasn't at a satisfactory point.

There are things regarding the actual build that relate specifically to Steam which would require setting up a public Steam beta that logistically isn't practical. This also ties into the behind the scenes business stuff we can not publicly discuss. Things happen for a reasons we can not always disclose.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the thing is, not all player concerns are created equal. some of us are actually right. and when I say 'us' what I really mean is 'me'.

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

In reference to @Gedden's point about the trouble with knowing if the stutter lag was fixed (not knowing until someone complains again) could you guys at least push that fix so we can know if his fix worked?

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Exactly my point ;)
    At this point I think the shutter lag fix is integrated into the Steam test build which means it would take more work to strip out the fix to push to live as a hot fix. When testing of the build internally starts we will (probably meaning me) will look into the typical triggers for this problem. At this point in time regardless if we pushed the fix to live or not if a new problem with the shutter issue was discovered it would likely take much longer to resolve than the window to release on Steam. This is one of those types of things that is really difficult to nail down all at once. As the code for the game gets cleaned up it makes it easier to address these types of issues, but it is a time intensive process.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So we hope it's fixed by stuff we did for steam launch? Wow.

Think about this from our perspective. It's like someone building a hotel. They build the metal frame. It's got cracks and fissures throughout, rusting and leaning in some places.

Now we are building the penthouse. The rest of it stays undone. The people who come by will be very impressed by the penthouse on the top floor but reaching it is nearly impossible. It's not accessible and there's glaring issues all the way up staring them right in the face.

It might very well be true that this penthouse is really great but all the rest of the stuff left undone overwhelms any positive the penthouse might represent.

Are you going to spend money there? Are you going to come back?

Sepulcher likes this.
  12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Certain posters are wearing red, holding the pitchfork, AND complaining that the devs are going left instead of right.

Any more questions???

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Not true. Just saying left is wrong and right is right. I know you're not as ignorant as you're pretending so I'll refrain from further explanation.

14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

More details will be released about the expansion as it gets closer to release. We can not give any specifics as to when the expansion will be released, but it will happen VERY VERY VERY soon after the relaunch on Steam.

There, fixed that for you.
    You have got to throw so much stuff at these new Steam players that they drown in awesomeness.

15. Bondman007

Your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

16. maybe before you speak of ignorance you should know the facts... the above quote was made based on an unedited post Morfeas edited the post to make it more clear. thanks for being a jerk though

17. Bondman007

Then I apologize. However, I read what I read, and I have no way of knowing what was edited or not and Morfeus's statement is spot on.

18. No I am sorry for leaping down your throat about it someone really made me mad and you were the first thing to take it out on

19. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Bruh its shutter lag its not even that big of a deal.

20. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

This is what I like to see on fourms that's a freakin community.