Poxnora Subscription, and Loyalty system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Sep 10, 2014.

?

Subscription, and Loyalty.

1. Good Idea. I like it, and might subscribe to it.

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Bad Idea. (Post why in the comments if you chose this.)

28 vote(s)
    73.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I actually think the current model would work with a few small changes. Keep in mind I am primarily a PvE player.

Option A:
    1) Remove the bonus gold from the daily first win and completing the dailies. Replace it with a free pack for 3 wins, regardless of PvP or PvE. Continue to have 2 dailies available. This will encourage players to either try the campaigns more often or play PvP.
    2) Remove the bonuses from the campaigns since they encourage farming specific campaigns. Replace it with a bonus for playing through a campaign that you haven't played in a longer time. That will encourage players to rotate through the various campaigns.
    3) Double the ranked PvP gold accrual rate.
    4) Lower the gold per day cap to 10000 unless a double gold token is used.

Option B:
    1) Bring back single expansion packs.
    2) Change the rarity distribution for future expansions to more closely match the rune distribution in packs. Looking at Broken Shard as an example, the expansion has 24 commons, 16 uncommons, 16 rares, and 16 exotics. Packs have 6 commons, 3 uncommons, .9 rares and .1 exotics. Assuming no duplicates are pulled, it takes 4 packs to get all the commons, 5.3 packs to get all the uncommons, 17.8 packs to get all the rares, and 160 packs to get all the exotics. I would go with an exponential distribution. You can expect all the commons in 10 packs, all the uncommons in 20 packs, rares in 40 packs, and exotics in 80 packs. That would be a distribution of 60 commons, 60 uncommons, 36 rares, and 8 exotics. This will make it tougher to get the lower tier runes, but easier to get the upper tier. Coupled with the current expansion being only available for cash, I believe this will increase overall pack sales.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

1) I would really like if they had more number of dailies like 4 so people can get cash faster
    2) i think that individual expansion packs will be so much better that way i can try to get the card i want instead of wating my time scrapping my exos just to get a cheap rare/common/uncommons or high end exos

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I feel that increasing the number of dailies just encourages people to farm them ignoring the other content that is available. I would rather see the bonuses encourage players to either play the campaigns or PvP. The dailies are too easy to farm currently, and with the current gold dispersal, players that are trying to get gold are just doing dailies to get the quick gold and logging off. Many people have referred to it as doing chores instead of playing an enjoyable game.

I agree that earning packs(gold) should be faster since the rune pool is so extremely large compared to the number of runes in a pack/box.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

im not saying i support subscription , But if you gonna make me pay to play give me all the runes for the time im paying the (Monthly?) fee (Access to all content)

Again i don't support this...but if i gonna pay.. im gonna pay for full service

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Depends, if I had £5 in my steam wallet and a rare I wanted was only £0.60, I'd probably grab a couple.

Granted, you would probably only use gold for common/uncommon most of the time.

But in the end, it all comes down to the price. Or more importantly, people coming back to see what's available :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  6. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

subscription = less players in my opinion.
    Remove dailies and tempt the people to go on PvP or improve single player campaign system.
    Remove gold and put achivement system with packs or credits, packs and credits should be used in trades imo.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  7. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

but... probably not mandatory subscription could help new players, should be a player choice.
    In this case I would continue to play without the subscription probably unless the subscription does not also gives access to the last expansion...

if i pay a subscription i don't want to pay yet in order to access to others new contents, I want access to all the expansion the new one as well, random runes is nice but I want also new packs.

8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Lol, you pay 55-100 dollars for every single rune (Harbs, Angels, 150k)? Boxes alone cost 30 dollars! Even if this did happen, and even if someone paid 55-120 dollars, they could just use the runes they get and farm ranked to get to top 10, and then just cancel the subscription. Meaning, a simple way to achieve top 10.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Runes do not equate to strategic strength. It doesn't matter if you have 10 million tanks. If you don't know how to operate it. Then it might as well be a bicycle. Even if they did get all the runes to 1 faction. If they do not take time to learn the small intracacies of poxnora. If they are not a competent TBS player. Top 10 is out of their reach. However. With the current player base. Even a toddler could reach top 10.

I am not saying I don't see your point, or that I don't agree with it. However; once again someone is saying no subscription because that means they get all runes, ECT... Blah, blah, blah. I said before this is just an example. It wont necessarily be MY subscription plan that happens. The question is. If there is a subscription. That has reasonable benefits for both YOU and POXNORA would you do it? If you don't like my example that is perfectly fine. I don't intend to defend something I just made up on a whim.

11. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The general idea is cool, just not the items you get with the subscription. If this idea got some tweaking from the greens, I could see this happening. Maybe...

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That is truly all I was wondering. Thank you. If you have any ideas to help solidify pox's income there-by its future. Please post them.

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the word 'subscription' is a non starter for too many people regardless of the specifics, and regardless if they would be paying more via some other system.

any sort of 'benefit over time' effect would be easier to sell by simply modifying how the existing gold accelerator tokens work imo. yeah its subscription by a different name, but then the name is the real problem.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Ragic I must google a synonym for Subscription now.....

EDIT: These don't sound much better. Fee Seems like more money. I am not sure a kid now a-days would know what a "due" is. Annual payment sounds expensive. Charge just sounds like debt to me.
    membership fee, dues, annual payment, charge

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I could of sworn pox had some form of a subscription a long time ago, maybe I'm wrong though but you gained membership by paying for something?

Otherwise, I really don't mind a subscription thing for some extra benefits, even a few people doing it would be at least some income for devs so what would it really hurt? Even if the sub hands out runes it's not like a player can just go somewhere and buy the rune or buy it with gold since the only way to currently pay for a rune is packs.

16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The Things about "old school pox" that attracted average gamers and expanded them into this world, is that it was balanced, it had a goal, a story, a system, a plan, and most importantly It had an "underground"

Players used to strive to get into this underground of "poxnora beta testing"

Only few were chosen from not only their game play patterns, but involving feedback to make the faction better.

Instead of a bunch of people with 1 head leader, it should just be a few people chosen at random to test something the greens make.

They were handed harbs for trade and appreciation and the game grew, Others were chosen. Sure things like borghas still existed for quite sometime till its true power was realized but over all things that "made it out of beta" were usually balanced.

Sadly the game is back in the state of that small handful of players "testing" the greens imaginations but at the same time, the way the runes selected for patched, the runes changed in the game, and the power of some factions over others and lack of Map prioritization in sync with game development(the games maps were revamped at least 3 times and it needs to happen again sadly)

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Wait wait game breaking idea...... Get rid of all the pox stores and make all runes able to be bought for owl points. Poxbox alone is probably pulling in a couple grand a year why in the world is this still going to someone else's pocket Then people will cry and say this game is p2w well technically you can still go to poxbox and buy the runes so what's the difference....

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I think overall the idea of subscriptions is dead.

If they had it on Steam and instead offered entire expansions (older ones) as cheap DLC, people would love that.

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you mean season passes, or something else?

20. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

thats a great name for a subscription.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.