Poxinomics- Forgable legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If it is that important to you then fine. I just found that the forum spell check not having Legendaries to be amusing, but I guess you don't feel the same way.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Legendaries don't march to the beat of the drum.

Sirius likes this.
  3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

They do when you program them to do so.

Sunutsu and Sirius like this.
  4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

upload_2014-9-9_13-35-21.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings.

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

just realized you were talking about senshu being the master, joke ruined.

7. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

That's kind of selfish.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Entrepidus likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Actually I'd prefer if you changed it to "Visionaries"…

Senshu likes this.
  9. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

You quote my entire post, which contains several points -- including a blanket thumbs-up for the idea of making all Legendaries forgeable -- and then you say "that's selfish?"

I'll assume you have some issue with Paingels and Koronas NOT being super-easy to forge. All right. If you think my proposed 2000 shards -- only 80 sacrificed rare runes -- is an insane cost for owning a previously uber-exclusive, generally amazing rune, then we'll agree to disagree.

Again: I played, grinded, for well over a year to earn my Korona. What makes you think a new player should be able to get one for sacrificing 30-40 crap rares?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  10. Lauremoon

Well, only the Korona part seems selfish to me.

Legendaries and Limited were expensive in the past? Okay. You payed for them because you thougth it would be worth it.

But you can't deny new ones getting old stuff cheaper than you, just because it cost less to them. It's like blame inflation.

Anyway, you have a Limited Korona, don't you? That's an unique piece (a prettier one, I'd say. That pinky-bunny armor is horrible). People would only be allowed to craft Legendary ones. Your Korona is still uber pricy.

11. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This, specifically, is what I consider to be selfish. I would literally give away every. . . single. . . rune in my collection if it meant the game would be more hospitable to new players (fostering a healthier game environment). I care less about forcing new players to suffer through the same grind I went through than I do actually having new players to play against. If you understand what's best for the longterm success of this game, you should too.

12. allyorbase

So, the game is "inaccessible" because Korona and the Angel of Pain aren't super-easy to get?

Okay. That's Pox's problem. Not the myriad of bugs or uber-broken themes. Not the complete lack of any marketing whatsoever. Not the abnormally harsh and elitist community forums. Not the lack of fleshed out and updated tutorials.

No. You're right: it's because I have a Korona and a new player doesn't.

Go play Hearthstone, as a brand new player, and get yourself a Leeroy Jenkins or a Lord Jaraxxus. Go ahead. Hearthstone is the poster child for how amazing a F2P game can be, so go get a Lord Jaraxxus. Then, come back here and tell me how easy it was.

I'll wait.

13. Lauremoon

You are going off the road.

I'm not saying that OWL have to reward every new player with a fresh top legendary, I'm just saying that these runes (150k) need to be easier to get than grinding through 2 years of diaries. The LEG one, not the LIMITED.

This is not the only problem in Pox, of course. The bugs are one, as you well say, and the broken themes too (that makes me particulary sad).

And no, I hate Hearthstone F2P system. Is a Pay2Win, they can't trick me. Grinding through months to get 1 legend card, and not the one I liked the most, thank you.
    Stop comparing Hearthstone to PoxNora please.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

how much a day did you play that it took you months to get your first leg in HS? Anyway with the increased shard value for golds, I was able to craft my first leg before I got a leg drop. seems like you had some really bad luck and/or the unwillingness to shard anything.

15. allyorbase

You seem to be unpleasable, since pretty much every reputable outlet for online gaming ranks Hearthstone as among the best F2P games to date. You don't NEED legendaries to win in Hearthstone. If you're going for the top ranks, then of COURSE your do, but HS and Pox aren't chess. If you want chess, then play chess. Both players will have all the units -- perfect equilibrium for all.

As for my comparison of Pox to HS, it is absolutely valid. They are both online games. They are both games where you build groups of units. You buy packs to flesh out your armies, and the game gives you a bunch of free stuff when you start out -- much of which is entirely playable. One is a card game, however, and one is a strategy game / CCG hybrid.

Last point: I never, ever said players should have to grind as long as I did to get a Korona; I said that it shouldn't be super-easy to get a Korona, and I'll stick to my guns. I worked really hard to get her, and all I am asking for is that to be respected. You don't need Korona to win a game, but if you really want her, getting enough runes to collect 2000 shards is a VERY feasible goal, even for a F2P player. It might take a few months, or even a year, but SO WHAT? It used to be, players were willing to ***king work toward having something special.

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I think you two are splitting hairs.

Runes should be available and accessible without being to easy or too hard to get.

Right now it is easier to get most exotics and legendaries then Hearthstone.
    However, Pox still has totally inaccessible runes which are very problematic.

This is mostly the unique LE that I see as problematic. In other words the Haunting Spirits, Harbingers, Doombringers, etc…
    By all means make a Legendary counterpart like the angels and 150ks or make them large shardables but make them at least accessible.

Lauremoon and allyorbase like this.
  17. allyorbase

General, blanket "like." However, I don't think 2000 shards for an Angel of Pain or a Korona is "too hard" to get. Right now, neither are attainable outside of dumb luck or tons of cash. 1000 is only double the cost of an EXO, and I just can't get behind that, out of principle AND out of practicality.

I fully support the release of Legendary versions of Limited runes. Absolutely no problem, there. Same deal, though... if you want something special, ~2000 shards is a fair cost toward keeping it special.

I just wanna reiterate that LE accessibility is not "what is killing Pox." Pox was never alive to begin with, and it's because of those things I mentioned: meager tutorials vs. the sheer complexity of the game; rampant, fluctuating imbalance; an intimidating, critical game forum; and NO marketing whatsoever. If OWL can't address those points, it doesn't matter what happens to LEs... nobody's coming to the party, anyway.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the shard price of runes is relative to how easy it is to earn gold. but given the current shard values for exotics, I would think 2000 shards is a bit much. you don't want to make your forge prices exponential. that just means they are inaccessible by a different name. the 150k runes in the gold store were a joke. nice for long time players who had a ton of gold saved up. might as well not have been in the goldstore as far as new players were concerned.

Entrepidus likes this.
  19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

only way 2000 is worth it if the rates of getting higher value exos like 500 shard are above 50%
    also i think that we should split the packs according to the expansions that way we can easily get the runes we want

20. Lauremoon

Agreed, I think I went off the road too. Sorry.