Black Heart - UD Equip

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Sep 9, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Black Heart
    Underdepths
    Equipment
    Cost: 45

Art:
    A shimmering, perfect black diamond. Its core glows violet and its surface emanates a subtle miasma. It rests on the ground, inches from the hand of a slain Deep Elf, her Bok murderer peering down at the jewel intently.

Flavor:
    "Finally, you are mine..."

Equipped Demon gains Corruption and Perseverance. Equipped non-Demon gains Pariah, and is Distracted. When equipped champion is destroyed, this equipment moves to the nearest unequipped champion within 4 spaces.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I like the idea of a equip for demons bouncing around, but what does corruption do exactly? Didn't find it on poxbase.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

this is confusing reword it pls. Here is what i get from it. Equipped champion that isn't a demon gains race: demon but at the same time it wasn't originally a demon so it gains pariah and distracted?

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah maybe only make it work to change race on allies only. I'm sure that's what you meant though.

KingJad likes this.
  5. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

"Equipped champion gains Race: Demon, Pariah and is Distraced. If the champion was already a Demon, it gains Corruption and Perseverance instead."

MEATMAN likes this.
  6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I like it, UD has enough demon as is anyhow.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Wow so demons get LOL no more getting annoying by righteous shield

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Pariah and is Distracted, that is evil. support.

9. allyorbase

Corruption is an active ability. You sacrifice 5 HP and your basic attack becomes LOL until end of turn.

Reworded. It has a positive effect when equipped to a Demon, and a negative effect when equipped to a non-Demon. It jumps to nearby champs, friendly or foe, when the equipped champ dies.

Removed the "Gains: Race: Demon" clause. It isn't important enough to justify the potential confusion.

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'd run it.

11. Lauremoon

Anyway, I feel is too powerful for just 45 nora. Just because it bounces o_O

Wait a second, a pariah unit can't be shattered, right? :eek:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Look at lasher helm, elsari - (something)

This equip has the potentual to be good, and it jumos to friendlies... Meaning for 45 nora you can hurt your own units if it gets to a non demon (which your opponent will be trying to do)

45 nora isnt too much for an equip like this.

13. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

lul bcuz UD has plenty of non demons. //joke
    Id say 45 is a fair price.

14. Lauremoon

But compare it to the equipments from Nora Surge (the 4 protectorate ones that bounce). It's clearly superior. By a lot.

15. allyorbase

I think anything more than 45 nora, and people won't play it. Even 45, for an equip, is a big pacing hit. You have to really know when to play it, and if you drop it on the wrong turn -- or when you really should have played something else -- it could hand the whole match to your opponent. At least, that's my take on all Equipment, in general. Since it doesn't have presence and HP, higher costs are disproportionately detrimental vs. higher costs on champs or relics. Make any sense?

Also, just a note: units with Iron Will can't be Distracted. It's something to consider as a (soft) downside to this equipment.

16. Lauremoon

Right point, I forgot Iron Will now de-distract.

Also, being that wild when bouncing opens the posibility to the enemy to kill his creature on his own turn, bouncing it to a summon of his own and then sending it to a corner of the map, loosing the equipment forevah.

17. allyorbase

Yeah, it puts a lot of control in the equipped champion's hands, for better or worse. It works best in 1-on-1 matchups, like early font contests. It becomes less predictable in mid/late-game, where a lot of potential recipients are around. Of course, with the range of 4, careful positioning can make sure it simply dies with its host, too.

18. Lauremoon

Or blinked, or vertical pushed.

allyorbase likes this.