What made you decide to keep playing Pox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sepulcher, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

I always stayed due to the game play, as well as I always enjoyed our small community and the lore of Pox....actually I don't really know just seems like Poxnora gives you that feel.

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

For me it was luck with bg choice and your videos, sep, lol.
    I started playing f2p, and in my first couple hundreds of matches I was struggling just to kill few expensive champs, not even thinking about winning against them.
    But then thanks to ktc's pool and pp I managed to scrap few rares, assembled a semidecent budget bg, and eventually made it into limited. After this I was sure that pox wasn't pay2win, and felt free to drop money for diversity.
    Now everyone I tried to bring into pox were not so lucky. They were not able to make a competitive budget bg with themes they liked, and left, screwing greedy devs, while no one of them ever mentioned that the game was hard or had poor nux.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10/10

For me, the resemblance to chess I'd say. As a former chess fanatic, it was the best thing like it that wasn't chess so I could chill out here when I didn't feel like training.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Burngayro

Anima26 and Faust like this.
  5. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

I remember my first game, sometime before Drums of War expansion was released. Somebody running Circus destroyed me with Dragon Skulls and Firestorms.

My dad and brother were into the game, so I thought I would give it a shot. There was a lot of stuff that I liked about the game and community, and things like the Rune Trader seemed legitimate. Back then, each faction only had a couple of exotics that were worth anything, but it was worthwhile to buy a few packs to fill out your commons, uncommons, and rares. Everything (except Harbringers) seemed attainable.

Honestly, it was probably the old 100 packs that got me hooked. Opening packs is addictive, and having a single easy entry point for all of the runes in the game really helped to focus my attention. No guaranteed exotics, but back then you didn't really need them.

I haven't really played seriously since after the Maljara cycle, and every time I've come back since then I've run into a nearly insurmountable wall of added complexity. I almost wonder if NUX is aimed more at folks like me than at truly new players.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

First it was the game itself it look intresting and i love playing with early UD demons cause they were OP
    I left for 2-3 years and i came back just to see how it was and it was still so fun to play and tried different factions
    UD brought me back
    GO UD
    also 2v2 kept me hooked thanks SOE

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

For me it was Hyaenids. I know, I know a silly reason, but when I was just starting Pox all there was for the 'Nids were the Spearman/Witchdoctor. I was watching some random games after I saw it on a banner on some comic site or the other and the guy was using these cool little Hyena people that cackled at things, I loved that when I was 17, seemed like a such fun conception of a fantasy race that I hadn't seen before.

Always been into fantasy and sci-fi as well as a big follower of Wargaming and RPG's, it was an escape for me from a life I felt I had no control over. The issue of course is that I didn't have access to money so I couldn't really get into these games and the like I watched and enjoyed and Pox was a close approximation of what I wanted and was cheap enough that I could throw down the money I made from several jobs into it while still keeping some savings going.

I've got control of my life now with a woman I love who helps me reign it in but Pox was, and always will be, the thing that let me enjoy my day when I didn't feel like much else could.

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I jumped all in as a function of two things:
    1) Being part of a fun guild
    2) A full night of theory crafting like 15 decks followed by a sudden desire to turn those theory crafts into a few actual decks

Maybe I'm weird but I like thinking long and hard about my strategies. I really liked that I could just about any strategy in Pox and if I worked on it enough and was a good enough player I could beat even the OP BS

9. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

My delim bg and the fact that the game is getting updated every few weeks.

10. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I enjoyed moving champions around strategically, and that the community was pretty friendly at the time. There were also not that many runes to keep track of.

11. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

The feeling of playing a truly one of a kind game. I've played lots of tcgs and strategy games, and pox is the only game I've found that successfully combines both into something awesome.

12. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think the moment I got totally hooked is after ABCDude started mentoring me, he's Belgian as well and really learned me the ropes.
    He was one of the best KF players during his prime and up till today I mostly play KF thanks to him.

After I noticed I would need to invest in the game in order to be competitive (definitely the case back in the days), I started a trade store on the forums with some people I met while playing, who had interest in investing some runes. At the time I was just a kid with not even enough money to play this game, let alone run a trade store. I simply did it to get some runes to play with, while offering a service people seemed to like (be it barely competition for Poxportal at that time).

I've quit running a trade store several times only to restart it a few months later every time. When Poxbox came to existence I knew it was impossible for me to compete with my little trade store, BiGs CHEAPEST, if anyone remembers. Eventually I decided to open a new store named Poxbrothers. It started off so small, not automated, low on runes, etc. but slowly we started expanding and it's one of the things I've always enjoyed. It's like a business simulation for me on very small scale and I truly enjoy just improving the store to get ahead (or on the same level) of the competition whilst providing a service which the community seems to enjoy.

TL;DR: I like KF thanks to ABCDude and love improving Poxbrothers.

Sincerely,

Josh753

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I liked BiGs

Poxbrothers likes this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

size isn't everything

... ):

Poxbrothers likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

She's just trying to make you feel better.

16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

All of your beautiful faces
    <3

17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

D.O.G announced they were going to take over, i saw light at the end of the tunnel. Thats why i came back recently.

When i first started out playing during the first steam launch me and a friend of mine bought a ready made theme deck each after playing it for a day or so and just dived right in. The free starter decks was so good with its Saplings, Thunderhoofs and Redcap Twins but i needed something a little better. I bought the Psychic Firk Deck and he bought the Kanen one if i remember correctly. After playing with it for abit i eventually traded most of my deck for the bits and pieces to make a Tortun deck, because turtles are awesome! I was hooked after that. The game had already been around a long time so it had a LOT of existing runes for me to play around with, which was great fun. I just love card collecting games and Pox has its own unique thing with the fantastic artwork and the table top chess like feel.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Etherielin, WraithxxV and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Cause Awesome game is Awesome

badgerale likes this.
  19. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Community, deck options, lore, and just plain coolness. I'll be here until the end... :D

20. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

It's the only game out there like this, that has the art work to back up its decent play style, other games just didn't grab my interest.
    Found out about the game from my brother and everything about it got me hooked 7 years ago (I was 15/16 when I started playing) :)

Also spending on this game fluctuated at certain times and stopped completely others as I had a 6 month break, so not too sure how much I have spent over the 7 years, but I am guessing its high....
    (( I mean I have spent a ton on LoL which is a free to play game, gg paycheck))