Dragons

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Anima26, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Looking for some advice on my deck iv put together, after returning to the game and reading around the forums for the day. From what i have learnt i built this deck up, but i am looking for some pointers because i am not sure what i should be including tbh. And obviously what i am missing.

I am seeing a lot of mention of Maulers, are they still auto includes, i have two i can work into the deck if they are still worth running?

Are Varu Dragons and Varu Howlers good enough to run? I am struggling to find room for them.

Is The Doctor worth running? Sad that they nerfed him to only have dispel or heal and not both :p

I do not own Vex so i am not bothering with her shenanigans.

Im tempted to run Akakios for tanking with scale armor? Viable? Any advice on tanking options? Maulers i guess would do that quite well.

Would it be worth investing in a second Hellion for tanking purposes?

The deck lacks range, Agitators are kinda meh now they have been revamped and they and imperators are the only range threats. Am i missing something? Would adding Akakios as a tank but also as an extra pseudo ranged option with flamethrower be worth? Im considering it.

On a side note is it better to try and take advantage of the upgrade choices and make your champions as cheap as possible without passing up any great abilities of course? Thats the general idea iv gone with so far with most upgrade paths anyway, especially some of the regen upgrades.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c3=CtQc4 CdbCdQCdmcgNc7Vc1zCjGc3-S6LS7is84s73S7usYs5jrPr2qr2je1O

Thats my rough deck atm, taken from bits and pieces of information i have found.

If anyone can help guide me, would be helpful, sorry for all the annoying questions.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. Anima26

Il come back tomorrow after ive slept and hopefully i can get some opinions and advice :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  3. Anima26

Wow not one reply in nearly 24hrs?

What happened to these forums, even the old SoE ones were more active than this...

4. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

I haven't played dragons since revamp but, like you mentioned, you need 2x maulers. Unfortunately, I'm pretty certain that they may be getting nerfed come next patch.

Krikkenwing Alpha is huge right now but, will probably be getting the same treatment as the maulers. For the meantime, I'd try and get your hands on one.

I would switch out an agitator, imperator, and neodrake for the mentioned above. Also, I've been seeing transmission relay being played since it works well with the maulers. Maybe switch out transfusion for transmission relay if you feel like it. Like I mentioned before, I haven't played them in a while and this is purely speculation.

Also, SL is pretty much the least talked about faction and is why it's pretty dead in here.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Also, 2x skywing rumblers, at least 1x drakewing swarm and possibly a dragon handler.

6. Anima26

This is why i didnt build the deck around them, after reading on the forums i had a feeling they were due to be nerfed anyway. Same with Krikkenwing, but i dont have any of them anymore, traded them in a while bk when i stopped playing my Creep n crawl deck.

Im sad that SL is abit of ghost town atm, :( , hopefully itll come back to life once the revamp is completely finished. Its the only faction i play haha. I dont have any runes for other factions. Ive heard that Draks are really bad atm too due to revamp. The few decks iv been able to watch in ranked have looked like meta bgs, a mix of draks, skeez and dragons.

7. Anima26

i posted a link to my deck, it has a handler, two swarms and two rumblers in it :p

8. G_Ro91

Gedden said that Draksar are going to get buffed and a change to their racial maybe. Movntarget, the SL council representative, has a thread in this forum about the next balance patch and it's targeted towards Draksar, so fingers crossed!

I too am almost strictly SL and in that I only really play Draksar so I know how you feel.

9. Anima26

Yeh im feeling abit at a loss atm haha, i cant just play other factions and i dont want to really anyway, i want to play my Draksar! I got a High Marshal and have pretty much never played with the guy.

Thats promising to hear anyway as i did mainly play Draksar decks before the revamp, i have almost every Drakkie except the Judge, im looking forward to seeing the direction Gedden takes with them and a possibly new racial sounds very interesting. They should change some of the Regen upgrades, theyre very boring and on so many runes atm.

10. G_Ro91

Well glad to have you back and to have another Draksar player! It's said that legendaires are going to be forgeable, so you'll be able to get Judge soon. Feel free to find me in game and PM with any questions. I'd be glad to help!

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

I haven't started playing dragons yet but if I did have the funds, I would want to run something like this given the present state of dragons:

http://poxbase.com/deck/c5ocg0CtnCdbcdQCdmcgNc7VC1zCjGc3-s7is5ts2-s73s7usYs5jrPr37r2qr2Ir2jeOe1O

Comments/Ideas?

EDIT: Don't know why I had a bonesplitter maul in there haha.

Also, question: Can someone clarify what "thunder" equipment does? If I equip it to my own unit, does my opponent lose 10 nora every time I attack? Or am I being too optimistic?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  12. G_Ro91

I'd recommend Flame Dragoleech instead of the acid since he can generate nora better. Maybe replace an agitator with a skithmaw hunter (cheap and annoying). Replace a Varu Howler with a Drakewing Swarm and if you want, try and find a place for a Dragon Handler.

Definitely would get a couple AoE's in there. I'd replace gatlin gun and scouring gems with Acid Storm's or Burning Sand's or both. That's up to preference.

13. Anima26

Quick question on burning sands, im not sure i understand the card correctly. When you target the aoe there needs to be one space of sand in the 3x3 for them to be also charred? Im sure i tried that before and it didnt work, but i probably made a mistake somewhere.

14. Anima26

Ah ok, guess i will get a Judge eventually then :) Does that mean that they are considering letting us sacrifice legendaries in the forge for shards then? I have one or two legendaries i wouldnt mind parting with for some shards. It would be sweet if that is going to be the case, i dont have a huge amount of exotics to sac in teh forge. Thanks again for the help, il find u in game.

15. G_Ro91

Not much was told in detail about it but I would say that's how it would go.

As for Burning Sands, it looks like there just has to be one square of sand. I prefer Acid Storm since it has a good debuff (Scour -1def) and a total of 13dmg as long as it's not cleansed. Burning sands on the other hand can potentially cause 18dmg overall and is cheaper but has no debuff and is situational. That's why it's totally up to preference.

16. Anima26

Before i go i want to throw another question out there regarding some of my skywing cards. Whats the current situation with the rarer skywings? Prismatic, Imperator and Eminent specifically.

Are they not worth the include atm? Whats the general consensus on them? Agitator also took a hit too.

Revamp seems brutal in many ways, but im guessing its same for all the factions.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  17. Anima26

Anyone have any ideas on what the best upgrade paths are for Agitators and Varu Dragons. I honestly cannot decide which to go with on either of them.

Also on Varu Howler and Rumbler is it worth the 5-6 nora for the extra 4 dmg auras?

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

tried maulers? you put rage band on one and he is at 9 speed.

19. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

20. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

Agitators exerction 1 and flamestrike 3. Varu Dragons i got multi 2 and sandstriker. No it is not worth the nora for the extra damage on the auras.