How to restart an infinite thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chemical22, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Your humor reminds me of my father

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

3. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

So this morning I was sitting on the toilet for quite a while. Oh boy when I looked in after I was done I was utterly astonished and proud of what came out of me. I didn't know whether to flush or send it to preschool

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think yelmo is telling us he is;
    A: female and flushed a baby in an "I didn't know I was pregnant" scenario
    B: formerly full of crap and losing out to me in this thread.

5. Boozha

WACHT AUF, VERDAMMTE DIESER ERDE

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I usually keep mine and set them out on the mantelpiece, so when guests come over I can tell them the story of how each one made it into this world. I find its always a good conversation starter because the story usually makes the guest leave right after I finish...

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

you should have taken a bite. Babies taste different than sh!t... At least from my experience

Yelmo likes this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

the best are those young chicks with a tight body and some muscle to make it rougher, just how I like it.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the picture on my public transport pass is worn, 50% of conductors ignore it, 20 conductors have told me to get a new pass, today one said "If I was doing my job properly I should confiscate this" all angrily.

going by these datapoints I can only conclude 0% of conductors in the Netherlands are currently doing their job properly.

10. Boozha

I want to slap such people, but I then remember that that is not prone to improve matters

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Firk that, I nearly talked myself out of my own passcard when I started saying "So what you are saying is none of you are properly doing your .*angry look made me stop*"

Boozha likes this.
  12. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

13. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

U will never defeat me, i will win this challenge..!

14. TeaNinja

Darker than Black wants to be Cowboy Bebop so badly, it hurts. There is such a noticeable similarity between the two series that comparing them is virtually unavoidable. The problem, of course, is that Darker than Black is not Cowboy Bebop.

To be sure, Black isn't a total carbon copy. The series' plot is, at least superficially, very different. Also, Darker than Black, true to its title, starts out somewhat moodier than Cowboy Bebop's beginning. However, the same hodgepodge of genres and episodic story structure is here, as well as some other familiar themes and motifs (The Girl who Haunts the Hero's Past, the ephemeral nature of life, etc).

Sadly, Cowboy Bebop’s story might just have been one of a kind. There was a giddy, off-beat, almost poetic flow to the series, which was a major part of what made Cowboy Bebop such an entertaining work. This feeling is all but missing in Darker than Black, and in its place is an uneven, somnambulant narrative that lurches and groans under its own weight, even as it delivers clever premises and interesting twists.

Still, Black’s plot isn’t without its strengths. In particular, I loved the various superpowers that each of the characters had. While not particularly original, the cleverness with which the abilities are revealed and used never ceased to impress me.

Nonetheless, in spite of some extremely entertaining isolated moments, there was always something missing. In Cowboy Bebop, I eagerly pressed on to the next story arc, curious to see what the writers could possibly come up with next. In Black, I progressed more in the reluctant hope that the series might finally find its feet.

It never did.

Instead, the story continues to waddle at its own uniquely awkward pace. The show tries almost everything – action, romance, comedy, tragedy, mystery and even some philosophy – but never seems to find the right combination to make things work. This is a shame, because in each of these half-hearted attempts, there are occasional moments of brilliance. One gets the feeling that if Black had concentrated on something, anything, it would have done it impressively well.

Unfortunately, this never happens, and what we’re left with is a plot that is easy to admire but difficult to actually like. Cowboy Bebop felt joyously eclectic; Darker than Black is tragically so.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Teaninja wants to post in the anime thread so badly, it hurts. There is such a noticeable similarity between these two threads that comparing them is virtually unavoidable. The problem, of course, is thatthe infinite thread is not the anime thread.

To be sure, anime. isn't a total carbon copy. The threads' plot is, at least superficially, very different. Also, anime., true to its title, starts out somewhat moodier than the infinite threads' beginning. However, the same hodgepodge of genres and episodic story structure is here, as well as some other familiar themes and motifs (The Girl who Haunts the Hero's Past, the ephemeral nature of life, etc).

Sadly, the infinite thread might just have been one of a kind. There was a giddy, off-beat, almost poetic flow to the threads, which was a major part of what made the infinite thread such an entertaining work. This feeling is all but missing in anime. , and in its place is an uneven, somnambulant narrative that lurches and groans under its own weight, even as it delivers clever premises and interesting twists.

Still, anime's plot isn’t without its strengths. In particular, I loved the various superpowers that each of the characters had. While not particularly original, the cleverness with which the abilities are revealed and used never ceased to impress me.

Nonetheless, in spite of some extremely entertaining isolated moments, there was always something missing. In the infinite thread, I eagerly pressed on to the next story arc, curious to see what the writers could possibly come up with next. In anime., I progressed more in the reluctant hope that the thread might finally find its feet.

It never did.

Instead, the thread continues to waddle at its own uniquely awkward pace. The show forum tried almost everything – action, romance, comedy, tragedy, mystery and even some philosophy – but never seems to find the right combination to make things work. This is a shame, because in each of these half-hearted attempts, there are occasional moments of brilliance. One gets the feeling that if anime. had concentrated on something, anything, it would have done it impressively well.

Unfortunately, this never happens, and what we’re left with is a post that is easy to admire but difficult to actually like. the infinite thread felt joyously eclectic; Teaninja is tRAGIC

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    TeaNinja likes this.
  16. TeaNinja

17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm off to preform science for a bit...

18. KelRama

science, eh ? :p

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he is probably doing it For Academic Purposes ( F.A.P.'s)

MEATMAN, TeaNinja and PurpleTop like this.
  20. KelRama

Yep, i think so too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.