maxxarek bg

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by xplint, Sep 1, 2014.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

hi, im intrested in this champ so i would like to know how maxxareks bgs look like :) i have budget of 350k poxbox points.. thx!

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You'll want the relocation units -- 2x deep elf preistess, 2x deep elf infiltrator.

3. xplint

could u post sample bg? i have never played ud so it will help alot man

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Note that I have little clue what I'm doing here since I've never played Maxxarek or Grimlic's Treachery, but here goes.

http://poxbase.com/deck/clCj0CwMCzC3BcxC4@cvc60coZch@s2vs4@S2xs3osOsAsDs1lrAr20ENe25

Started with Maxx, ended up turning into a Deep Elf deck, since so many Deep Elves are relatively cheap.
    Disciple for lulz, even though it's bugged. Replace with anything. Maybe something with Flamestrike.
    Priestesses can be run at 65, so they can be summonable with Maxx or not, as you please.
    Temptress' Punish looks somewhat tempting, if you relocate her once or twice to get her into range. 5 speed is bad, though...
    Masochist is the only tank, so it'll need Calcify and thus be stuck outside of Dark Summons range.

Of course, I really have no idea if you actually want most of your bg summonable with Dark Summons, because it is random after all, and takes 2 kills to activate.

xplint likes this.
  5. xplint

thx man!! do u think angel of pain fits in these kind of bgs?

6. RKane

RKane Member

The key is double altar of votaev ;) . Maxxie loves the late game.

Edit: Maxxie also loves his bracelet of mirrors. I think stacking deflects still work but you might wanna playtest it.

7. futant

futant Well-Known Member

That altar suggestion seems pretty spiffy. You could probably go a decent good stuff build if you wanted. Keeping a good ratio of champs under 65 nora, and a mix of whatever floats your boat.

8. RKane

RKane Member

Altars is there to keep your maxx mobile through cycling relocators and ensuring a late game dominance though cheap champ cycling (In the worst occassion that he dies early you might even cycle maxxarek himself). Take into account that you ll want to deploy cheap champs to backup the fat maxxarek deploy and get the dark summons engine working asap with a limited tempo hit. Im taking into account of course that cheap deploys are in a way weaker in stats from pricier ones but through altars you ll have the numerical advantage without worrying about running out of champs.
    At least before the revamp, when cheap champs were even worse in comparison, i always lost the early game but had the chance to win later if i kept at least one altar safe. Kinda map dependent though but really fun as an alternate strategy to the mainstream UD playstyle.

9. ghinion13

ghinion13 The King of Potatoes

ther is something i don t understand about maxxy, isn t he the leeder of the UD bekause he is the strongest demon? how did he bekome the strongest when glood 2 a cheyr? why cant he moov? is he bound by magic 2 the chair? he is the leeder of UD can teleport from shrine 2 shrine u own, but he cant at leest teleport 2 spaces per turn from shrines? dos he have digestion problems and kan t leev the tron:confused:, he needs to be equipt with the equipment demon pempers so he can moov from his thron, every 3 turns reequip maxxy or he teleports back on the tron:D.

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

He probably is just a fat ass lazy demon who thinks he can win even by staying in his chair

ghinion13 likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

fixed that for you

Ramymanify, ghinion13 and MEATMAN like this.
  12. Arghas

Arghas New Member

I've always ran a maxx bg, it was one of my favorite cards (and my main deck) Teleporter's are nice to have but the core concept of the bg isn't rooted in getting max around, but rather getting that free summon from employing 2 kills per round (it's a super soul harvester in a way).

Pain angels and other "scarier" champs as well as Nora gen, is very advisable, although unfortunately from my recent tests, a maxx bg isn't very viable.

The reason is that the meta is too fast and ud is incredibly slow with a lack of damage. Ud champs are too gimp ATM, we either need more damage or more range. Previously, if they rushed us, there was substantial trade off between champs, but nowadays, we can no longer trade champs nor threathen a standstill. The opponent has champs at 50 Nora range paired with a champ at 68 below, leaving them to have room for 2 spells at the first encounter which pretty much spells game over (mana curve wise) if you run any 86 mana above. Although the calculation is 86 mana above, I think that any champ over 77 vs those drops do spell doom.

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i would try rapid assault+max. do not forget about hook fiends for relocation.

14. badgerale

Just in case anyone missed it maxx got a random buff of -7 Nora and plus 1 range.

He's very strong now.

xRugolth and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Glad I got mine a few weeks ago.

16. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

I've been experimenting with him lately. He is strong. In my opinion 2 champs are auto-include when you have him in a BG. The princess and the Infiltrator. All you have to do is kill 4 champs(including summoned) and Maxx is paid for from the free summons. So all those little 20 HP summons that are running around are maxx's snacks for generating mother Firking demons!

I also just noticed sheoul disciples are 10 less nora when his dark summoning is triggered. Does this stack? I sure hope they fix her rapture ability sometime soon. That thing has been bugged forever.

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

The way I understood it was that he would passively make Disciples cost less as an added goodie for being their lord, but I don't have a Disciple, so I dunno.
    I really like the Deep Elf deck with Maxx added, since he can summon half the deck or more, depending on what elves you use.
    He also can summon Pit Dragon with the right upgrades, though summoning 2x2s can cause failed summons depending on where you try to place it.

18. badgerale

I was thinking of asking for disciples rapture to be scrapped and be replaced by unhinged (from the unhinged bok).

Rapture is just such a ugly design, even if it was working properly.

Unhinged would emphasise maxx's death benefit style.

SPiEkY and MEATMAN like this.