Abusing a bug to include Zoalt and Garin in the same BG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pasiphae, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, law is irrelevant anyway because in enforcing code of conduct DOG isn't held up to legal standards ...

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This thread is distracting me greatly. Thanks peeps. (My wife is in surgery now). Sitting in the waiting room about 15 minutes ago, when an old white dude with a pony tail entered and began playing a didgeridoo. I would not believe it, except my brain keeps reporting as fact. Here in eastern WA, we ain't used to such cosmopolitan events. Truth stranger than fiction.

Best of luck battling in this thread to both sides.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

There are rules, but bug abuse isnt one of them. Sorry to tell you. When you already have a list of rules you cant just make one up and proclaim it as a future rule...

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Then please show me your law experience. I'm here to learn and not to troll.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shut up and shovel boozie

6. Lushiris

So again, you, H0spy, are declaring that bug abusing is completely allowed in Poxnora and no one, absolutely no one, has the right to complain about it. Is that it?

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I already told you, not going to clean up the mess you made and keep making

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Complain about it all you like, just stop making it out to be a fact.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You cannot simply enforce unwritten laws on the ground of common sense or anything else because it defies one of the very fundametals of law: security/knowledge. One must be able to tell whether or not an action is legal. Otherwise there would be no point in having a law in the first place.
    That said there are cases where new rules have been applied in court/ongoing cases, but those follow retain rules as well (precedents, hiates in current law, etc)

In conclusion, it's a delicate matter. I highely doubt you could make bug abuse an offense that wasnt listed as theres nothing to gain by winning games. Poxnora isnt an esport. The involvement of the greens would come up, and you would probably have to go case by case a lot of times since all bugs are so different. Pretty sure you could make a strong argument for neglect on the Greens side of things.

Although interesting to debate, pretty unrelevant. Without having to write a book, I hope this helps

*terminology translated to the best of my ability, hope it makes sense in english

Lushiris likes this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

(source: burn's a law student)

edit, also h0s, tho?

you absolutely can make up rules when you already have a set of rules in place. it just should generally be that the new rules are for going forward, not backward.

11. Lushiris

Oh cool, then I got nothing.

12. Lushiris

Not complaining, I simply asked you a direct question. But since Burn showed I was wrong, it doesn't really matter now.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But were not dealing with law here, so its irrelevant.
    Source: riot screws people on the daily with new interpretations of their law

oh and some law can be retro-active, but those cases are also subject to a bunch of other rules.
    Interesting stuff though

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

also while i realize that you asked h0s the question, here's your answer-

bug using and abusing is not "allowed" in poxnora, as that would imply that it's a condoned and accepted action. it's also not "condemned", as that would imply that there is some form of punishment (beyond the rage of your peers). it's just kind of there. as a thing. call it a grey area.

now, you can complain about the grey area all you want, but that doesn't make it less grey or fluster-y.

also burny, how many people does riot "screw" that aren't also, just COMPLETELY COINCIDENTALLY, ********?

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Riot Nick Allen though..

Grey areas are the most interesting, for med and law students alike

16. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

Well basically we are dealing with the agreement between player and DOG, which is governed by the principles of treaty law.

If you read the small print DOG is ofc never liable for anything basically. :D Otherwise It's just the morals and gray area Dagda is always speaking about.

I feel more like finding the "bugs" and innovative BGs is praiseworthy rather than rageworthy. Well maybe it goes to the rage section after a few runs but hey atleast the specs enjoy!

DarkJello and Dagda like this.
  17. Taskumatti

It sure is! :) as a lawyer myself I deal with that kind of things quuuite often in my work.

18. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Hopefully he will be an exception to the norm. (Sharpire)

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i don't know riot nick allen. is he euw specific? we have lyte over in NA, and mostly he gets complained about right before he smytes people with his ryghteousness. but realtalk, he's mostly just controversial (my take) because people want to be the most important guy on their team, stand out from the herd and so on, but it's still a team game and that still ****s your team over unless someone can solocarry.

basically it's a deeprooted misunderstanding of the fundamental (YEAH WE GOIN IN DEEP) mechanics of a team setting and what you should expect to get out of lol as a team oriented game

TO ME

20. Taskumatti

Good luck with the surgery instead!

I think the battle here seems to be pretty much over and now we are GOING IN DEEP.

P.S.would run Zoalt and Garin again.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  21. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

maybe we should just start considering bugs as OP items in bg's and wait for the devs to just nerf them