Serpentor Ardent.

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Anima26, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Ok guys i want to get some opinions/discussion going on the state of Ardent. Pre revamp he was barely runnable imo, i was only running him because his sprite is so cool i couldnt take him out, hes been my favourite rune for a while. He did nothing for me that a ton of other draks didnt or couldnt do just as well if not better.

Im not an expert on the state of all the other factions and the revamp, so it could well be that ardent is not quite as average as he used to be due to a plethora of other runes from other factions also being nerfed/changed.

Im getting people disagreeing with me alot that Ardent is not weak and claiming such blasphemes as hes fine or hes actually a good tanky draksar...is this real life or has the revamp really gutted draksar that badly that Ardent is now worthy of including in a draksar bg that is already full of expensive physical dmg, 6 speed, melee beaters? It seems that with his lower base atk dmg, lack of zeal and average survivability that hes just too slow to include, it takes too long to build up violent enough to make life siphon significant and he just dies too easy against anything that isnt physical damage.

Im just not seeing why you would run him over a cheaper drak that pretty much does the same thing, he has no utility and will just get one rounded without a strong support like temple guard following him around, alot of nora invested in a physical damage melee beater that takes a while to get going.

I dont know, i am out of touch i guess since the revamp as there has been so much change across all the factions. Someone enlighten me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

real bad

heart strike is just really poor

3. Anima26

I have never been a fan of heart strike, its very underwhelming and its also really slow, its not really an ability u can rely on either with all the heals and cleanse that other factions have.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We asked for it to be changed to beginning of next turn to counter perseverence, but no go.

5. Anima26

I just got another one in a pack, it must be a sign, someone tell me a way to run them effectively.
    Wish they still had surge.