Stuck in launcher loading screen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kratosh, Sep 21, 2014.

1. presto423

presto423 New Member

Someone may have already experienced this, or may be having the problem, but I updated and now the launcher has remained stuck at the loading screen before it gets to the login screen. What is the issue with this? I didn't have a problem before the update, and changing my resolution didn't work. Do I need to adjust my computer settings? Anyway, there's an anomaly.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The update didn't solve the issue for me.

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

for me neither. If the update was meant to do that anyway.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This is a known bug that we are working on resolving. At the moment certain 4:3 resolutions are causing a error and preventing the game from loading to the log-in screen. For the moment try to avoid using any of these native resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, and 1152 x 864 it isn't idea but that is the only short term solution while we work on resolving this issue.

To be fully clear if there is any confusion, Native Resolution is the resolution you view your desktop and all content is shown on your monitor. It is not the resolution you choose in the Pox Nora options. Theses resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, and 1152 x 864 will not work with Pox Nora at the moment.

The only 4:3 Legacy resolution you will be able to use reliably is 1280x960. That means if you set your Native Resolution to 1280x960 and after launching Pox Nora, go into the options, set it to Fullscreen Windowed, and relaunch things should work properly. Note: this is only a temporary solution as we work on fixing the actual problem.

We know this is frustrating, but this is one of the reasons why we released all the changes before we launched on Steam to make sure we resolve all these types of issues. This may take some time to resolve, but it is a High Priority issue.

5. AmmonReros

so I cant play until this is fixed then.

6. Senshu

If you are unable to change your native resolution or find another workaround, then you will have to sit tight until we are able to resolve this issue.

7. Senshu

Just to note some people run their desktop resolution lower than the native monitor resolution. I needed to make sure you were running at the highest possible resolution.

8. AmmonReros

I'm sure you would most likely say it yourself if you had something but
    have you devs made any progress with this?
    Even a thought or an idea?

I doublechecked all my settings and if I was on latest drivers and everything (I wasnt 100%) and now I definetly am. Still nothing happens after the nora globe turns red.

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm checking everyday too :)

10. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

11. LilyAngel

LilyAngel The King of Potatoes

''/emote sitting tight''

Running again :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  12. Senshu

Did you choose a different resolution for your monitor? We welcome any potential workaround while we work on resolving this problem.

13. TooStoned

TooStoned New Member

Waste of money for you guys just to tell us, "tough luck, wait till we get it fixed" my computer is way over qualified to run this game, and when I finally want to play again now I can't, at any resolution. You guys make enough money to figure out a fix, or revert it back to what it was so everyone can play.

14. presto423

presto423 New Member

I've changed my monitor resolution to a few of the other settings available, and it has not made a difference in the problem. It remains at the screen with the 'Pop-o-matic Trouble' thing filled with red and doesn't continue to the login screen. I wonder how many people have encountered the same problem.

15. AmmonReros

steam relaunch and the problem persists. fix it.

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

A patch is comming after relaunch, I want to believe they are wise enough to solve this today.

17. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Well, I do hope so. It's a real pain in the Pox...

18. Senshu

19. AmmonReros

finally!
    after a month off the game. Glad you worked this out. Only, of course, sad that you coudlnt do this sooner.

20. AmmonReros

Have to kinda update as I see it fitting here.
    Just started the Daily Mission and I got the following:
    http://i.imgur.com/md7u1ZV.png

As you can see my game doesnt exactly fit the resolution. Cant see options or End Turn button. I can not scroll further to the right either.
    Funny enough I didnt have this problem in the tutorial match I played before.

Checking the resoltions in the game options I found that the standard option is set for widescreen. So I had to set that to Legacy and then select the aspect ratio and resolution manually. Luckily that fixed my problem above but considering that I am not a dummy and considering that others are it would probably be good to make a "how to correct screen resolutions".