Game client loads under taskbar on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Exit, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

I use Windows 7 with the taskbar at the TOP of the screen (where it makes most sense to have), but now, Poxnora opens a window UNDER the taskbar, so I can not move the window around without having to right-click on my taskbar, select properties, select 'Auto-hide taskbar', then move Poxnora down the 20 pixels or so, uncheck 'Auto-hide', apply, close.

Worse, I have to do this EVERY time because it does not save the screen position.

Your program should take in to account that not every Windows screen will have a taskbar at the bottom.

2. Exit

Also, it is terribly annoying because all of the icons on the desktop play musical chairs every time I am forced to change between 'auto-hide'.

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Can you explain why it makes more sense?

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If you right click on the Taskbar and go to Properties there should be an option Keep Taskbar on top of other windows. If you disable this you should nolonger have this problem.

5. Exit

Hmm, I don't have that option, only Lock the Taskbar, Use Small Icons, and Auto-Hide.

6. Exit

Where are your browser tabs? Where are the tool/menu bars in programs? At the top.

Clicking between tabs task bar items, browser tabs, menu items, it makes most sense to lessen the distances. Having to constantly click between the top and bottom is a pain.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It seems like that feature may have been removed from Windows 7 for some unexplained reason. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about Microsoft's decisions regarding this.