Has skirmish killed ranked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Sep 30, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Many players stop playing ranked cause of skirmish (is too AWESOME) its too bad really i hope when ronin release more people will play ranked
    NUFF SAID

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Ranked's problem is poor balance and a rather stagnant meta.

Ragic, BurnPyro, jeeperz2 and 6 others like this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I played a few skirmish

let me know when the AI is balanced so I don't walk through them

4. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

I don't think skirmish has killed rank at all, it is just that skirmish is an easy way to fulfill two, out of the four, daily point conditions. The other two can be done in training grounds.

Rank will probably pick up again after it resets.

PS: I am really liking all the extra runes and extra opportunities for gold. I have been unlocking more of the tg bgs. Some are very good, others are very mediocre. One thing that bothers me is the last time I played the Hyaenids bg, the witch doctors didn't have Revere: The Exile, selected. I think that is pretty important, considering that the Exile is in the bg.

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

People are just getting their farm on, once pb updates its prices for the core set runes itll die down abit i think. Then u can just farm skirmishes for runes to break down into shards in forge.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

More SP content was a very good mvoe that appeased many players. What I wish for ranked is fewer bugs and more balance. First of all, smack paladins please.

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

1. People like trying out new features when just released.
    2. Sometimes, you just want a casual game where you are not competing against a human opponent.
    I personally think Skirmish is something PoxNora really needed, makes the game a bit more casual.
    3. Not sure if it's just me, but ranked play seem to be giving way too little reward. Have it always been like this? I keep getting less than 100 gold for wins in games that lasted 20 or so minutes.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. you mean when they dont deploy 90% of their non-flying units off a ****** CLIFF!!!!

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Nah, it's just as pointless babystep as the revamp, which did effectively nothing.
    Those few who were enjoying the game got some sweets, sure.
    But it doesn't matter at all for vast majority of those who're not ready to try - cause they can call pay2win with few more runes and less abilities exactly same as before.
    And it obviously does nothing for tired vets.

10. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Incentivizing play in the Training Grounds is genius. If I were DOG, I'd rather incentivize Training Grounds than Ranked.

Heck, I'd personally rather incentivize Training Grounds than Skirmish. Skirmish is a nice feature for the player, but it doesn't do a lot for the game beyond getting people into the client. Training Grounds is where all the new peeps are at; maybe the rune rewards should be there instead?

11. chickenpox2

only now i have none to do 2v2 with :(:(:(:(:(:(

12. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

I feel for you, man. Is 2v2 Training Grounds a thing? I don't think I've ever tried 2v2, so I'm not sure how it works.

I notice that ranked play is on the NUX, but 2v2 isn't. Greens, how do you plan to introduce newbies to 2v2?

chickenpox2 likes this.
  13. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Dunno why single player is always more profitable to play than multiplayer in this game when its ostensibly meant to be a competitive experience. Fix that and then more people will do multiplayer.

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

And here people were saying only pvp was interesting to new players. Yet for some reason they made a better single player and a new mode and we see a player increase, coincidence unlikely. The casual gamer is the one you want to attract nowadays because pvp gamers come and go.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'd like to see the source for your information. Oh, idle conjecture? Check.

It's because it's the part of the game that's playable.

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  16. chickenpox2

i think that they can add tutorials one for new player to learn 2v2 as the last tutorial on the chain ( middle)since 2v2 is played diffrently to single

17. there is always me cicken there is always me

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Pretty sure it's the piss poor balance that killed ranked, not the new game mode.Which sucks for me, because theres no one left to play and skrimish is like playing a blind cripple. If the greens dont plan to deal with balance they could at least give us a slightly more intelligent AI for those who dont want to deal with braindead zombies.

BurnPyro and Baskitkase like this.
  19. chickenpox2

there were still lots of people playing ranked before the new change now there even fewer people even in the peek period playing ranked

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

L o l at all the people who think Casual players/Single Player guys spend more money than Ranked players.

Baskitkase likes this.