KTCAOP's Beginner's Guide

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by KTCAOP, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Thanks for putting this together KTCAOP

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

XD. You're welcome, but I hope to have much more to add soon!

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I will definately be sending all new players I meet needing help to your thread once its finished!

4. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

So out of curiosity. I feel as though this question might help new players as well. Do you think buying any of these theme decks could turn more value then buying a box? Considering some of them are legendary runes as well.

5. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well I understand you only took 5 second looks at everything. But let me correct a few things xP

Ironfist Crusade is a little more oh High Tier then Mid Tier. It at least has composure.

Rat Pack - It has composure but I'd say more of a Top Tier then the tier above it

Stillwater- is literally the mirefolk BG except replace all the good stuff with shoebox.. Very lackluster and shouldn't be at the top of the list. It should be more like Mid Tier.

Grimlic's Legion - Has alot of shoebox but its potential to burst and powerturn is better then some of the other mid tier stuff. I'd put it up to mid.

Demon Brood - Though spiders usually suck. The one thing you have to admit is at least for a spider BG this BG is pretty well put together. I would definitely toss it up to Low Tier at least xP

Cavernborn - This BG is the worst of all of them... Its literally a circus... Moga Recruiters???? With only Overlord and Dirge for overseer? On top of that they went for a voil sub-theme... Rather than just going full voil they threw in a bunch of runes that don't benefeit the theme in the slightest such as moga recruiters most specifically, g'hern overlord, hyaenids. This BG is literally atrocious and should take Demon Brood's place.

Lord of Bones- This BG is very underwhelming.... They don't have any bone elementals, boneshredders, rifleman, reapers, Half of this BG is majorly outdated and honestly all around its too build-up oriented for a new player. I would toss this along with Cavernborn at the bottom.

Draksar Masters - Extremely lackluster with several spells that are absolutely useless today. And some underwhelming champs and no theme direction to boot as well. This isn't even a meta, its just an SL circus. Only thing that is slightly redeeming about it compared to cavernborn is that it at least doesn't have champions that are absolutely useless to deploy. I'd say Low Tier on this.

As for the other 5-7ish BG's I tend to agree with your placement :)

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

7. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

8. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

New bump as the public bgs are now being used more than ever. For new players: the rankings some people made, were done before the revamp!

9. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

Your posted pick for Lord of the Bones was duplicated.

10. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Bump. I use this guide pretty often when figuring out which public decks will help me finish my daily achievements.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Sorry that it hasn't been updated. I've had good intentions about finishing it up for a long while but still have not yet had a chance to go and do it =(.

I believe I will have some time this weekend to go through and try to flesh it out a bit more. But it will be a work in progress for a while.

12. Ozariig

Even as it is, I refer to it often. Thanks for putting it together KTCAOP :)

13. Ozariig