Gekaal's Gender

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Morfeas, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Was just wondering if there were/are other people who thought Gekaal to be female? And if so, what lead you to this belief? The absence of a "he" in the description? The outfit? The Class: Priest? (many people have associated healers/nurses/priests with being female)

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The high one is a female. Look at the equip virtue they are earrings.

3. Morfeas

I'm fairly certain I had once read on a thread that Gekaal is male, and I remember being surprised because everyone had taken it for granted whilst I had always been certain she was female.
    That being said, the fact that they are earrings doesn't mean anything. Males wear earrings, far more-so male religious figures, far more-so fantasy male religious figures set in an era where jewelry indicated status. If anything they look like South/Central American Indian earrings; worn by males almost exclusively.

4. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Judging by other FS champs, if Gekaal was female, it would be Gekaalia

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Wears a robe that looks like a dress. Has earrings. Feminine features. Gekaal is an ancient woman. A high one. Leader of the forglar high council.

6. Morfeas

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That would kind of depend on the artist's intention. It is pretty androgynous so lets leave it at that. It is what you want it to be as long as it isn't a toaster because some robots would find that offensive.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. Morfeas

Aight, and one more Q, is it KorSIen or KORsien?

9. Senshu

If you mean how to pronounce General Korsien's name? I believe it would be Kor-Seen if you are going for the phonetic.

10. Morfeas

Yeah but where is the emphasis given, first or second syllable?

11. Senshu

You know I really am not sure. It could have shifted over time depending on the designer e.g. PoxNora vs Pox Nora. First instinct says KorSIen because it is more aggressive sounding but KORsien sounds more like a real name of a person. Your pick, the truth is in the eyes of the beholder.

12. Morfeas

KorSIen it is then, confirmed by the devs!

13. Senshu

Hey, don't put words in my mouth, or typing. Here I was going to give you fictional forum points well I guess not now ;)

14. Morfeas

CONFIRMED I SAY!!1 :eek:

15. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

16. Morfeas

NO

17. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

I actually had this discussion some tiem ago in my guildchat and then I checked out the Lore where Gekaal was mentioned to be a "he".

https://www.poxnora.com/info/story.do?i=16

TheBulwark and Morfeas like this.
  18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

So DoG should look to gekal for balance? (Dw guys it's a joke , keep up the good work)

19. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

"The High One, Gekaal, understands the spirit, weaves his soul through its Nora."

20. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

some robots may actually find toasters very attractive ...

TheBulwark, soulmilk and Morfeas like this.