Blank screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by singinsammy, Oct 1, 2014.

1. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

When I get into a game or start a single player, I'm just getting a black, blank screen. Still get the chat/combat/bazaar boxes and the options button etc, but the play field is blank. This seemed to happen after I finished the first daily. Went to play the second one and it happened, now my 1v1 are blank too

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Have you tried Uninstalling the game deleting the Pox Nora folder in your instal directory and reinstalling? It could be that there is a corrupt file.

3. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Hi Senshu, I did as you suggested, and the new game client wouldn't even load. Then I noticed under the bug compilation thread that OS 10.8.5 or newer is required to run Pox. I actually upgraded to 10.7.something when DOG first took over to be able to play, but sadly my system cannot run 10.8 or newer. Is there any way around this? If not, I fear I will have to say goodbye to Pox indefinitely.

Thanks kindly,
    Sam

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We would like to add some backwards compatibility for older Mac OSs, but it isn't planned at the moment. When was the last time you played because the changes made shouldn't have September 25th shouldn't have changed things enough to where you would be unable to play at all? What is your native screen resolution or the resolution you are using currently for your computer if using something lower than your native?

5. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Hi Senshu,

The last time I played was Friday October 3. I got that blank screen thing happen after my first daily, then uninstalled and reinstalled Pox. The game would not load after that.

I just tried again today and the game loaded, but the screen is blank again. Screen resolution os 1280x800