Returning player. Help me with Moga Deck

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Kristian Skjold, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Maybe something like this:

http://poxbase.com/deck/c4Ic2mcgqc4Fcp7c3xctXC4PC3vCpYC94CwLC2Os5Qs1ks6Ys59s82r2Yr2Zr1irOe1Qe3p

Edits:
    -2 Razorback (no surge moga), -2 Moga Chefs (I think the new version of these guys has a lot of sandbag abilities--DE, omnivore), -1 Aviator (+1 range is good...I wanted sappers), -1 Intimidation (I'd rather spend 40 nora to kill a champ than make it more difficult for my opponent to counter attack next turn), -1 Looking For Work (it's random, and summoned), -1 Whispers (maybe cut diamond mace to put this back in...it's really good, but I wanted a thunderhead totem)

+1 isangoma & +1 birthmother (magic damage; surge moga 2)
    +1 slinger, +2 moga cannon (very good range)
    +2 moga sappers (synergizes well w/ thrower and moga cannon; huge threat range and huge burst damage; think of it as a spell)
    +1 Thunderhead Totem

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

With the exception of dirge and thrower your choice of overseers is terrible at best. I'd start there and work my way out.

And lol @ the suggestion to remove a whispers

Xuvali likes this.
  4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

why not suggest a bg instead of being a prick?

Kristian Skjold and Leadrz like this.
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I havnt played moga in ages... But i reckon that 2 slingers woulc be neat.

(As i now vs slingers alot, slingers are my enemy.)

6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Nebron,

I respect your opinions a lot. But in a moga group, there are far fewer spell/relic/equip slots. Doubling on any particular non-champ rune frequently means going 0x for another rune. Whispers is terrific, but totem is terrific as well. I'd like to have 1x of both. And as I said, merging diamond mace and vertical push would allow for 2x whispers...

7. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Thank you all for ur suggestions. I'll look into it :)

8. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

I run around 20 champs at the moment. I can't recall everything but I will approximate.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c4Icy=cgqc2bc2xc2nC2UCtXC94C2WC2OC3zC2Ts5Qs3ts59s5wr2Yr1irOe1QE1j

Mika is pretty expensive at the moment so you could probably switch her out with a G'hern isangoma. Many people don't really play totem of the muse either, you could probably switch it out for a lightning totem. If you are concerned about alt damage, you can easily replace the zealots with sparks. I like the zealots though, because along with the aviators, they are the fast champ that this kind of bg has.

Edit: I guess I should explain the g'hern choices

Taskmaster gives much a much needed ap boost with drive and declare target (declare target is one of the newer base abilities on this unit). Another useful upgrade on line 2 is bastion of courage or will ( I picked courage since the tyrant already has bastion of will on base).

I chose tyrant because it now has bastion of will on base while getting a nice list of choices for upgrade line 2 (I picked impenetrable).

Sustainer is in there because he is a cheap g'hern with battle harden 2 on base, sustain, and the new ability, conduit. I haven't really run into instances for its use but I image if might be useful against abilities like dark favor.

General is there because of flagbearer.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014